This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aggressive water?
« on: April 01, 2008, 10:27:37 pm »
I've seen pure water as being described as aggressive is this so? I thought it would need to be acidic to be aggressive?

macmac

Re: Aggressive water?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:39:52 pm »
I think some have taken "pure water technology" out of all proportion. Give some people a wfp & suddenley they are an authority in physics! ;D

Tony

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 11:10:06 pm »
What like sterile windows  ???

macmac

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 11:37:49 pm »

Exactly ;)  pure water eating wooden sills, stripping polish off car bodywork etc. infact, it's so agressive it should be renamed "mike tyson liquid" :o

Tony

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 11:41:33 pm »
i had some aggressive water today :'(, every time i went outside it attacked me. only got 6 houses in 5 hours. ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 11:42:15 pm »

Exactly ;)  pure water eating wooden sills, stripping polish off car bodywork etc. infact, it's so agressive it should be renamed "mike tyson liquid" :o

Tony
It's a load of rubbish Tony, it's overhyped.
But...it definately removes polish from cars if worked in.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 11:46:33 pm »
And tap water wouldn't  ???
Sussex by the sea

macmac

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 11:49:51 pm »
It wants to return to its natural state (not pure), but it aint gonna beat the living daylights out of ya to get there :P

Tony

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 12:41:07 am »
Water is naturally aggressive. Rain running down a valley will erode everything in it's path given time.... a lot of time, lol
Water is suppose to become aggressive if heated up then passed through DI crystals. I run water through DI before a heater so no chance of water becoming aggressive.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 06:13:34 am »
Water is an incredible substance, it has many amazing properties but the water we use isn't truly aggressive! No more so than simple rain...actually, come to think of it, you can get acid rain can't you, so rain is probably more aggressive ( on occasion).
And apart from Squeak's anecdotal evidence I have seen no scientific proof of it being able to strip polish off a car.
Some polish is silicone based, and it certainly won't shift a smear of silicone off a pane of glass!

For window cleaning purposes we measure the water in terms of PPM - parts per million - but for lab work it is measured in PPB - parts per billion - so the pure water we use isn't THAT pure!

Water that is zero parts per billion only freezes for instance at several degrees below zero, the pure we use will still freeze at very close to zero.

It is often said that the water we use wants to return to it's normal state, and thereby works differently to tap water. well perhaps it does, but again, I've never read anything other than anecdotal evidence...actually, not even that really...it's just what people say.
If anyone can show me the unbiased research papers that offer conclusive proof of these things then I'll stop viewing these claims so cynically, but until then I'll continue to take them with a pinch of salt!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 07:58:48 am »
I've read many places that pure water is more acidic, well I thought I'd take Ians advice and try to prove it to myself.  I used a test kit for an aquarium the more yellow the water the more acidic it is.  To the eye there was a slight difference, but only slight, the pure water being a little more acidic than the tap.

The tap is on the left pure on the right.

So it is true  pure water is aggressive and acidic, but on this test only just.   

SAD Simon.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 08:19:03 am »
you just urinated in two cups

thats not a real test  ;D

dai

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 09:03:29 pm »
you just urinated in two cups

thats not a real test  ;D

What was the TDS reading?

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 09:12:05 pm »
I've seen pure water as being described as aggressive is this so? I thought it would need to be acidic to be aggressive?

Aggressive is a great sales pitch. The reality is that because the water doesn't have impurities in it it doesn't leave impurities on the glass which cause spots.

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 09:22:01 pm »
And before someone says about pure water and alu frames, you get cause the same results with trad methods.
Remember this from years ago when we were trad.

dd

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 09:48:47 pm »
Deionised water is slightly acidic. Not sure about the water from the RO, should be less so as many people use them as a pure drinking water source.
I do worry about the effect of DI water on wooden sills etc, but would worry more about the effect of heated pure water on such surfaces.
I'm sure heated pure water cleans better but it is probably best kept away from wood.

matt

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 10:17:23 pm »

Tony

quick, copyright that name

" the professional  mike tyson hot liquid window cleaning company "

only downside it you would need to drive a stretch van to fit the name on, but hey, its only a minor downside

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 10:45:02 pm »
Talking to plants is suppose to be good for them.
If you're after some aggressive water......store it in some ice cubes in the freezer and give it loads of verbal abuse, lol

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 12:49:54 am »
Talking to plants is suppose to be good for them.
If you're after some aggressive water......store it in some ice cubes in the freezer and give it loads of verbal abuse, lol

Hahahaha.

Yea, I'm not sure if even wants to returns to it's normal state, really what scientific proof is there for that. I can't remember a thing from my science classes, I'm sure it's got something to do with Ion exchange though.

poleman

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 12:56:36 am »
So if pure water is not aggrssive...why has most of WFP user speed lined there vans!!!