This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jr windows

Brodex 3G???
« on: March 19, 2008, 10:32:25 pm »
Does anyone use Brodex 3G? I have spoken to them today and they have offered it me at £33.00 per week plus vat over 3 years. This equals £6000.00 approx in total. Is this a good deal?

I am on a Merlin at the moment and looking for a new system.

Any advice, pros/cons etc. Regards, Jason

[GQC] Tim

Re: Brodex 3G???
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 10:37:34 pm »
You don't need that in all honesty. And £6000?   ;) lol

Give Andrew a ring at Purefreedom. Their systems are all you need, engineered to a very high standard, and fantastic prices, and supergood aftermarket service.

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/

40inch RO system Factory fitted for £1995. Done.

eddie d

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 11:13:00 pm »
6k is to much .
give freedom a call.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 07:26:06 am »
have to agree with the rest purefreedom 4040 system third of the price

daniel b

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 12:51:59 pm »
How long does it take to fill to the brim one of these 40 40 systems.

Thanks
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 04:35:11 pm »
The 3G is a very nice machine and cannot really be compared to the likes of the purefreedom system shown. I would rate this system as one of the best on the WFP market today. It will fill at up to 400-500 litres per hour and has rock solid construction. Yes you are paying an extra £1700 for the privilege of leasing, but this does cover you for breakdowns and system maintenance.

However I would very much doubt that if you are working happily from a merlin based system that you really need such a beast. The purefreedom will provide between 100-250 litres per depending on water pressure which should be enough for most workers. The purefreedom system is well constructed for its class of machine and uses simple components that will last well. However if you do not want to stump up the £2000 up front then the 3G is an affordable monthly option.

alanwilson

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 05:32:47 pm »
good point alex - although they both perform the same basic functions (filter water, store, transport and pump) the 3g is really built for massive industrial type work, where operators will use 1000ltrs or more a day, 5/6 days a week - companies want machines that will not break down and require minimal maintainance, and if something does go wrong they want it fixed yesterday - thats why Brodex sell alot of machines.

having seen the 3G in the flesh I can assure you that it is a proper machine, not a collection of components - not in any way detracting from freedom or anyone else but seriously, these machines are the price they are for a reason.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

telboy

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 06:01:29 pm »
I can vouch for the 3G had ours 2 1\2 yrs no problems at all  :D

Telboy ;)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 06:03:30 pm »
Sorry if I sound cynical but its just an ibc tank ( baffled ) in a metal cage with standard pumps, good filters, varistream and some gauges. You could get the Purefreedom and add all the things that the Brodex has and still save money. Its not really like a car where things really do vary between manufacturer. The principle is very simple and even Ionics stick exactly the same pumps, flow controls, hose reels, hose fittings as any other decent system, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

alanwilson

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 06:19:26 pm »
no Luke its not

the tanks are preformed, the chassis for the tank is tested.

They are a really solid machine, autoflush etc, not aimed at domestic window cleaners or small operators - however for my money I would go for an E650 - tank safe system, all pipework and electrics contained inside the housing, recessed component panels, twin pump, twin controller, they look the business and save a lot of space.  Also because the components and plumbing/wires are all hidden then much neater than most systems.

I like them, especially the fact they are crash tested.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 06:23:00 pm »
I dont pretend to understand RO, as my tds is 24!!! But Im sure you can just get the Purefreedom without the filters and put similar filters as the Brodex???? ??? I agree Brodex fit the tanks well, but so do Purefreedom, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

alanwilson

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 06:28:31 pm »
I'm not saying purefreedom dont - I have recommended them several times on this forum.

Ok - what will last longer, an extender pole or a facelift?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 06:31:31 pm »
I dont really care which is best ( as I dont own either ot intend to buy either ) I was just been a cynic  :) I buy what I think is the best equipment for my business, that all I care about!

alanwilson

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 06:53:37 pm »
My point exactly - what is best for your business - downtime costs a lot more than a machine.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 06:55:21 pm »
I dont have any RO or anything and have never had downtime ( whats downtime! ) Luke

alanwilson

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 07:04:02 pm »
downtime - machine (or more importantly) staff not working due to broken pole/pump whatever.

imagine you are a big business employing quite a few staff - without the manual operators working you risk losing a £15k contract, you still have to pay the staff (£100's per week each), staff in the office, insurances etc - so the only way to keep going is to have the staff working constantly.  1 lost day to most wc'ers might mean £150/£200 but with the chance to catch up the next day. To a big company it could be worth £1000.

So you see, having to pay £2k more for a machine is really nothing to them as long as they get a reliable machine and a replacement machine immediately - thats what Brodex do.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 07:09:01 pm »
Alan, I was joking. I know what downtime is, Ive just never had to experience it
whats downtime!
LOL Luke

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 07:29:48 pm »
Alan, pure water is pure water. Purefreedom is the same system as you see there basically, just add a second 4040, the rest is just gizmo's that you do not need. Their cage is designed by engineers aswell.

Pure water to good pole and brush and your cleaning windows.

The downtime comment is just unnecessary, a good system won't have any downtime. Downtime is usually by ignorance of the user and not of the system.

alanwilson

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 07:34:23 pm »
no the downtime comment is not unnecessary.

someone running a business turning over a million pounds a year or more isn't interested in saving 2k if it means if the machine fails they are going to lose more time than is necessary.

the facts speak for themselves, Brodex sell a lot of machines, the comapnies buying them are usually quite big, and they haven't got big by being stupid with their money.

jr windows

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 07:42:41 pm »
Thanks for all your replies.....

The only reason I am changing is because of the amount of re-fill time and the amount of water I waste. Also, I have just won a contract to clean over 13,000 windows in 5 cleans.

Cheers again, Jason.