Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

Re: This game is getting harder & harder
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 09:05:12 pm »
Definately interested Pete - anywhere in Surrey, not interested in London, all the best mate.

Steve

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2008, 09:36:18 pm »
Never had a horse but X5's are nice but the insurance is a killer and also don't let the wife go near ballards as mine once did  :'(

Had Rolls Royce Corniche now they are nice but at 12mph it used to take a fortune driving from the Brides home to the church through match traffic.

Shaun

lands

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 09:52:47 pm »
And all that from a poor little yorkshireman

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 10:18:24 pm »
Kids and wife got in the way of me making a fortune.

Shaun

lands

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 10:22:05 pm »
Definately interested Pete - anywhere in Surrey, not interested in London, all the best mate.

Steve

Steve, email me your no.

Pete

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2008, 12:37:18 am »

Hi Pete

What got you into CC and out of sales? When you think about that time you made the decision, is offering this service something you really want to do?

And if so, what's changed?

Mike

lands

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2008, 10:34:43 am »
Hi Mike

I got out because I was sick of the fakeness of it all. There was always a reason why someones advert did'nt work or why they should have one in the first place and it was mostly bullpoo. Just could'nt keep telling people the same lies that I had once believed in. It's horses for courses I know because if I don't do it someone else will and get the £38k base, nice Audi, free laptop and mobile but thats the thing about being human, we can make choices and I guess when you have children you look at your self differently and think what do I want them to be and how do I want them to see me.

Said children need feeding of course and this is why I am thinking about doing this (amongst other things) as its selling something that people need or they don't. I can't convince someone that there office carpet is dirty when it isn't (I ain't that good). I'm not a greedy person Mike but I do want my wife and kids to have nice things so I will do what I can within a moral framework to make that happen.

I even applied for a general cleaning job at one of Saga's offices (you know, the one where Doug buys his holidays from ;D) it was Mon-Fri 5pm-9pm and that little bit of secure income would have helped but of course they I felt I was too qualified. How can you be over qualified for a job like that :o

So like many others on here just looking at my options.

Pete

mark_roberts

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2008, 10:37:24 am »
I think 15% is a bit low for you.  How long would it take you to find £1000 worth of work for £150.  You could make that in 2 hours cleaning.

Mark

lands

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2008, 10:40:15 am »
I did think that but I guess I'll find out when I do it for myself Mark.

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2008, 12:56:13 pm »
Go for it Pete, I'm sure you will have a lot of takers for that.

Like you say see how it goes and you can tweak it.

From my persective I don't think i could do something like that because I hate the idea of leaving the bit that counts up to someone else, ie you do your part and get the leads, but you only get paid if they are competent and motivated enough to follow through.

Bearing in mind commercial especially tends to be a multi stage process you could support them with a packaged based solution. I have some ideas on this where they have a direct response letter designed to build a qualified database that you can ring on.

Create for them site survey material that includes maintenance plans and take a % and offer on going support. This works for both parties giving you a residual rather than a one hit wonder.

re sales careers I know how you must of felt at the time, I became exeptionally disenchanted and divorced myself from all things selling related. Or so I thought when I started CC! LOL

Mike