This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

George P

Re: facelift crash test
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 12:00:14 pm »
sorry luke just read your reply, no i dont work for facelift but its just my experiance of tanks fitted by facelift, as said earlier it would probably be the same if any other manufacturer. george

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2008, 12:50:47 pm »
Ewan, your not serious are you ?? ? ?

the faster you are travelling the less time you have to react, thats not even open to discussion, its just fact

Why does your reation slow when you are going faster? mine does'nt

W

What a lovely discussion! May I join in?  :)

Reaction times stay exactly the same whatever speed you are going. What changes is the distance covered during that same reaction time. At 70mph your reaction time will cost you twice as much road space as at 35mph.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 03:17:28 pm »
Im sorry, but speed does kill, it slows reaction times. Or should I say there is less time to react and stop, Luke

The word I should have used was "thinking distance". As your speed increases your thinking distance increases, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008, 03:38:26 pm »
Facts and Statistics about Speed

Speeding and excessive speed causes thousands of serious accidents and injuries every year.

Excessive speed contributes to 28% of collisions in which someone is killed, 18% of crashes resulting in a serious injury and 12% of all injury collisions. This means that around 1,000 people are killed each year on Britain’s roads because drivers and riders travel too fast, and over 6,000 are seriously injured.

Approximately two-thirds of all crashes in which people are killed or injured happen on roads with a speed limit of 30 mph or less. At 35 mph a driver is twice as likely to kill someone as they are at 30 mph.

Studies have shown the extent that the speed effects the risk of injury, and this is also shown in the simulator. Some key facts to note are that,

Hit by a car at 20 mph, 1 out of 40 pedestrian will be killed,
97% will survive
Hit by a car at 30 mph, 2 out of 10 pedestrians will be killed,
80% will survive
Hit by a car at 35 mph, 5 out of 10 pedestrians will be killed,
50% will survive
Hit by a car at 40 mph, 9 out of 10 pedestrians will be killed,
10% will survive

quoted from "THINK!" website, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008, 03:43:37 pm »
Stopping distances:

Speed ( mph )                  Overall stopping distance ( ft )
       20                                              40
       30                                              75
       40                                              120
       50                                              175
       60                                              240
       70                                              315
       80                                              400

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2008, 05:48:00 pm »
Speed doest kill, it depends on who is driving at speed, i know a traffic cop, absolutely amazing driver, cruising speed down the motorway in a chase to catch someone is on average 120mph, he has never has a crash,

he spun a car off of the motorway in a pursuit the other day, the only damage he did to his police car was a tiny small black scuff,

just because the speed limit is 30mph, doesn't mean you have to go 30mph, what if children are at the side of the road,

part of the traffic police training, is to give a detailed commentary when they are driving, they look for things that i wouldn't,

speed in itself doesn't kill, speeding is something else, going faster than is permited by natural elements

mark dew

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2008, 06:18:47 pm »
Luke you show so much maturity, I can't believe you are just 18 years of age! I salute you!!  :)

congratulations luke. You received a compliment off groundhog.  :o

groundhog

Re: facelift crash test New
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2008, 07:13:20 pm »
Quote from:  link=topic=51143.msg427677#msg427677 date=1204234770

congratulations luke. You received a compliment off groundhog.  :o

Credit where credit is due I always say!!!  ;)