This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What is your minimal price you charge for domestic?

£5-£7
25%
28 (25%)
£8-£10
34.8%
39 (34.8%)
£11-£13
13.4%
15 (13.4%)
£14-£16
9.8%
11 (9.8%)
£17-£20
4.5%
5 (4.5%)
Less than £5
12.5%
14 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 106

[GQC] Tim

What is your minimal price you charge for domestic?
« on: February 20, 2008, 09:27:28 am »
This is purely talking about if you would take on a new customer at this precise moment, not your lowest priced customer.

Just wondering, I know it sometimes really depends on what area you live in, but I've been doing this for 1,5 year now, and I went to thinking £10 was allright, to £13 minimal price. New customers get the minimum of £13. Hoping to put that up next year aswell.

groundhog

Re: What is your minimal price you charge for domestic?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:40:03 am »
Mine is £10 at the moment, but I am seriously thinking about changing that to £25.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 09:41:57 am »
Edit : Polls fixed now, with help from mods.  :)

JSMC

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 09:54:05 am »
WC round my way clean my 5apt hopuse for £3.50 and i have 10 windows.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 10:52:00 am »
I have some terraced houses in one area that I would still take on at £8 I can do 5 in an hour, they only have 6 windows and 2 doors, I wouldn't be able to justify charging the new ones more as they would talk.
In any new area though it would be a minimum of £10.   
Sussex by the sea

S.A.J

Dean Aspects

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 04:11:26 pm »
£10 is my minimum charge now but still have many under this

Dean

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 05:02:34 pm »
WC round my way clean my 5apt hopuse for £3.50 and i have 10 windows.

What does that mean? 5 rm house? House divided into 5 apartments? Que?
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 05:06:31 pm »
Mine is £10 at the moment, but I am seriously thinking about changing that to £25.
Easily done in the right area.

Scrimble

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 05:07:35 pm »
my minimum charge is £8, however if it takes any more than 10 minutes then its min £10

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 05:09:42 pm »
Agree with Aspects - £10, though also have quite a few under - mainly mobile homes though.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 05:11:13 pm »
Matt that's more tricky. I would do it for less in that case.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 05:14:39 pm »
OK Matt - point taken - but generally for me it's a tenner.

I do a whole run of front only's along the A4 in Bristol because they get lots of muck from the traffic and I currently charge £6/7 each and if another came up and I didn't have to move the van it'd be the same, may be a quid more.

Sometimes if they are in they'll ask me to do the back and then it's £15 ish if no extension/conservatory.

So I'll make an exception for half a house in the right circumstances!
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 05:15:45 pm »
so if you in a road and some old dear comes upto you and says " can you just clean the front of my house " you say " yes, sure its 10 quid ( or in groundhogs case 25 quid ), it might only be 2 upstairs and 1 downstairs window with 1 front door

doesnt add up to me, though i guess some will say " fck the old lady, i dont need that type of work "  ::) ::)

I`m one of those that would say i don`t need that type of work i`m afraid,after all this is a business.I never out and out refuse to do certain work i just pass it on.

Londoner

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 05:21:48 pm »
It seems that, mainly as a result of this forum, as I have raised my minimum price the number of people who ssem happy to pay it remains about the same. The vast majority still accept it without hesitation.
I am coming to the view that confidence, and being comfortable with what you do and charge is conveyed to the customer. If you are hesitant and a bit unsure they get that too.

Minimum prices, Front Only £8, Bungalow £10, 3 bed semi £14, Council house on the local estate £12.  

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 05:29:26 pm »
so if you in a road and some old dear comes upto you and says " can you just clean the front of my house " you say " yes, sure its 10 quid ( or in groundhogs case 25 quid ), it might only be 2 upstairs and 1 downstairs window with 1 front door

doesnt add up to me, though i guess some will say " fck the old lady, i dont need that type of work "  ::) ::)

Well I wouldn't put it like that but I would have a minimum of a tenner.  I would try to arrange access to the back so that she could get her moneysworth.  I've even agreed to do a quick scrub over the gutter before now to give them their moneysworth or agreed to do a quick bit of inside cleaning if I find them in.  I would rather stay with external windows though.

matt

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 05:30:26 pm »

I`m one of those that would say i don`t need that type of work i`m afraid,after all this is a business.I never out and out refuse to do certain work i just pass it on.

seriously, if you did the houses either side and you didnt have to move, you wouldnt do the house for less that your min charge

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 07:08:10 pm »
£5 minimum but only 1 at this price which is a tiny little bungalow with 5 windows takes 10 minutes

matt

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 07:26:42 pm »
i must admit, most of my new priced work starts off at 10 quid now

BUT

my example above, if some old dear asks me to do the front of her houses if she see's me in the street i do, i charge 1 quid per window normally, if its less than 5 windows its still 5 quid

groundhog

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 07:32:59 pm »

Thanks NWH its nice to have someone agree with me for a change! I am in business to make maximum profit, and I have found that when I have a day of £25 and over houses to do that is when I make the most money, I will clean anyones windows if they are prepared to pay the price that I charge, apart from my Mum, and she has hers done for free! ;D