This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*Jack Johnson

Bleaching windows?
« on: February 06, 2008, 06:02:46 pm »
If bleach gets rid of dirt in toilets can you put some in water, pure or not, and use that to clean the windows? It would clean the frames alright, what about the glass would it be ok?

dai

Re: Bleaching windows?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 06:04:15 pm »
Don't put bleach anywhere near UVPC, it turns it yellow. Dai

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 06:05:37 pm »
Don't put bleach anywhere near UVPC, it turns it yellow. Dai

Or Pink!!!!!!!!

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 06:11:22 pm »
Dai's right.  Bleach turns white stuff yellow if you're not carefull.  I used to use it to whiten white shirts (in my army days) and you had to use a diluted bleach/water solution; but after many 'bleaches' the shirts would 'yellow' anyway.

Mind you, I've read here that window cleaners have used a toilet cleaning limescale remover to assist in cleaning hard-water marks from windows.

I tried it once, and although it didn't make the window look like new, it definately did remove some of the hard-water stains.

But for general window cleaning trad style, I don't think you can beat a good squirt of the good old Green Stuff.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 06:25:31 pm »
If bleach gets rid of dirt in toilets can you put some in water, pure or not, and use that to clean the windows? It would clean the frames alright, what about the glass would it be ok?
apart from what has already been said you will end up with spots not on the glass but on you and also burns from the bleach

*Jack Johnson

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 06:40:50 pm »
ok thanks for the warning everyone.