This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

xxmattyxx

RO/WATER/RESIN
« on: February 04, 2008, 07:29:19 pm »
My ew RO unit which came with my Freedom trolley has produced so far 600 litres of water with a DI vessel the last thing for the water to go through before it hits the butt.

Why is the water now being produced coming out at 001ppm?

Ive taken the DI vessel apart and shaken the resin inside, flushed the RO for 15 minutes but the waters still coming out at 001 !! ??

Any pointers?

Or could the resin be cheap tripe with a dodgy life-span?

Matt

Purecleanplus

Re: RO/WATER/RESIN
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:32:14 pm »
I run mine for 2 mins with fresh DI tank on before I get 0PPM. Stays at 0PPM for ages then.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:36:23 pm »
matt whats the tds going in also have you just set it running again this evening or has it been running all day?

xxmattyxx

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 07:39:01 pm »
My tapwater goes into the RO unit at 270, coming out of RO its 15 (so this is the reading prior to going into DI), dont forget Ive also flushed it tonight.

The unit hasnt been on today, only turned it on tonight.

Matt

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 07:46:36 pm »
that all sounds pretty normal to me mate  ;D ;D 001 is fine go back and check it in an hour i often find it takes a while to settle after its been turned off for a bit......now deep breath in......and hold......and relax ;D ;D ;D

brightnclean

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 07:50:16 pm »
I always disconnect my RO from the DI on my static set up and run it to drain for 3 or 4 mins even if it's just been off for a day.  The initial litre or two out of the RO can be high when it's been sitting with water doing nowt in it. It soon settles down again.

I buy my resin from Freedom and it's good quality. Usually Dowex or Purolite but mainly Dowex.

Oh yeah and like Thorpey says... relax  ;D  ;D  ;D

xxmattyxx

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 07:59:02 pm »

Oh yeah and like Thorpey says... relax  ;D  ;D  ;D

I CANT !!![/size][/color] 

;D  ;D

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 08:00:57 pm »
get a grip man have a beer and watch ya fish ;D 8)

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 08:04:16 pm »
HANG ON......did you say 001 :o......oh crap :( :( :( :(                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         ;D ;D ;D ;Dsorry ;D ;D ;D ;D

xxmattyxx

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 08:05:02 pm »
Yea 001, come on get a grip a grip man  ;D

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 08:10:37 pm »
If you only have a 700ml Di cylinder and you are running your Ro through it as soon as your turn it on then you could be putting quite high ppm water through it, like Brighnclean says run your Ro untill its down to its lowest tds possible before connecting to the Di.
I made the same mistake when I first started, I have a pumped  4040 now and I still run it for about 5 mins before connecting it up.   
Sussex by the sea

xxmattyxx

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 08:15:46 pm »
Its been running nearly 2 hours now, still 001 ppm.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 08:23:05 pm »
If you only have a 700ml Di cylinder and you are running your Ro through it as soon as your turn it on then you could be putting quite high ppm water through it, like Brighnclean says run your Ro untill its down to its lowest tds possible before connecting to the Di.
I made the same mistake when I first started, I have a pumped  4040 now and I still run it for about 5 mins before connecting it up.   

Chris are you saying hte resin can become contaminated if stagnant RO water is fed through it thats been stood for a day?

Matt

brightnclean

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 08:33:50 pm »
Take a deep breath Matt!!!  ;D

1 PPM is fine.. it's been like that for 2 hrs now as u say.

Yes RO wter can use resin real fast if it's left standing for any length of time. The TDS creeps into the membranes and when u first run it again the high TDS will come out of the product pipe. Thats why I run mine to drain for the first few mins even after just a day with no production.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 08:41:24 pm »
No what I'm saying is, I have found an Ro takes a few minutes of running until the tds reaches its minimum
when you have not run it for a few hours turn it on and check the tds straight away and before it goes through the Di, you'll will find it can be quite high but will gradually drop. It would pay to do it everytime you fill your tank up, as for the resin I always prefer 0 tds  but you should be ok.   
Sussex by the sea

Ian W

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 09:27:21 pm »
This maybe a stupid question, but is your tds meter accurate?
Perhaps the water is at 000tds, but your meter is showing 001tds?
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

xxmattyxx

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 09:40:05 pm »
Ive just found this

500000/tds/25 then x11

so 90 tds   and a 11L di vessel will produce 2444 L of pure.

this does not take in account shaking the vessel

hope this helps

from here http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=38975.msg308890#msg308890

now according to this with a DI vessel of just 700ml then I should get about 900 litres of 000ppm water, seeing as its produced something in line with that amount, possibly in total 750-800 litres it doesnt seem to be that wrong (I think?)

Pat Purcell

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 09:48:45 pm »
Why the 500000 and the 25, Im sure there is a reason but otherwise would it not be easier to divide 20000 by your tap tds
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 09:53:03 pm »
and breathe..... ;D ;D ;D got any oxygen in your shed or is it all compressed air.RELAX MATE you gonna get in a state (mind you i was a nervous wreck for wks ;D) i regularly use it at 003 with no probs just stop fretting mate  ;D ;) :)

dave0123

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 10:01:14 pm »
jesus! 800 odd litres? since tonight?? what RO is it i have purefreedom 300GPD and it doesnt do that from 9am to 6pm  and thats with booster pump  :-\
Dave.