This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike 108

Question for Squeaky (and anyone else)
« on: January 31, 2008, 03:19:14 pm »
Over the past 18 months, I have read with interest your thoughts on WFP, and remember one of your posts/replies in particular, in which you said that WFP could never (consistently) achieve as good a result as a traditional clean done by someone who was experienced and proficient.

Do you still hold the above view now that you have gone over to WFP?

I use WFP on some properties with the following results:

On houses where the water runs down the glass in 'curtains' I find that minimal rinsing is necessary as all the dirt has run off during washing.

On houses where the water forms 'globules' on the glass during washing and rinsing I never feel confident that the windows will be to my satisfaction when they have dried.

I regularly go back to check and, though the customer is usually happy enough - I'm not!

I've read all the posts about 'rinse, rinse and rinse again' but it uses a heck of a lot of water (and you can still see spots if you look hard enough).

Most WFP users are happy to be working safely and too busy making money to worry about whether the  finish is qute as good as with 'trad' - but, as long as the customer is happy - does it matter?

Do we agree on this???

Have you been able to put aside all reservations about WFP and go over to it 100%, including ground floor windows where ladders are not a requirement??

Look forward to your and anybody else's (honest) views.

Thanks

Mike

Majestic

Re: Question for Squeaky (and anyone else)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 03:26:01 pm »
Mike
You are too fussy , you should be more  like your  Jason

zeusjazmin

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 03:31:18 pm »
agree completly

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 03:32:48 pm »
I have gone through the angst and concern you have Mike and nearly three years on am now confident that 99% of the time I do a good to excellent job. Better than blading too.

I still sometimes blade entrance ways and doors but only if I think that there may be a freezing issue later that evening.

I no longer use a ladder at all for anything - access, bolt-reaching included.

I now will not take on the rare properties which will not let me reach the windows without a ladder (or I say I cannot do that window).

The pole lets me reach many times more windows that were inaccessible of off ladders.

Now out of first gear wfp (changing over) and second gear (trolley/car to microbore/van) I am in third gear (speeding up and rationalising round) and looking forward to overdrive!
It's a game of three halves!

simon knight

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 03:35:19 pm »
I think that this is the best post/question I've seen in ages on this forum and like Mike I eagerly await Squeakies response.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 03:47:07 pm »
If the phone dosen`t ring your doing it the right way,don`t get to fussy the customers don`t expect to have there window`s absolutley spotless and will accept the odd mark.It still surprises me how good a job the pole does.

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 04:10:54 pm »
If the phone dosen`t ring your doing it the right way,don`t get to fussy the customers don`t expect to have there window`s absolutley spotless and will accept the odd mark.It still surprises me how good a job the pole does.

My phone doesn't ring too often but there are times when I've walked away thinking "God knows what that's gonna look like in full sun".

I sometimes get the feeling that some customers are almost too embarrassed to complain.

bluez

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 04:28:02 pm »
If they are paying and not cancelling then they are probably good enough.
hi

simon knight

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »

Yeah you're right...just me being paranoid ::)

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 04:39:18 pm »
Adequate is the only way i can describe wfp. I have done my own house a few times now and not once has it been perfect - better than my mothers house which someone else does though. But from the road most of my work looks excellent it's when you get really close that you can usually pick up some spot or blemish. It used to drive me wild but i have had to accept that no way is it perfect. Someone will jump on here and tell you their work is spotless - i don't believe them. ;)
 Go round someones house or a show house and you can ALWAYS see the tell tell signs of how it was cleaned.

cat9921

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 04:45:57 pm »
Mike

I Understand what you are saying about houses where the water forms 'globules' on the glass. But even these should come up good. You probably have seen this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxqvqJK6s34

In the video there are shots of windows drying with water still on the glass,Speeded up and its crystal clear...
I too have houses like this and they come up great  ;D

However WFP is prone to problems like dust blowing back onto the wet glass.... Frames that leak or have rubbers leaving spots...

There was a post some time ago about trade window cleaners that clean inside and probably go out again because they can see a smear that they left..probably would of not noticed if they didnt do the insides...

If the windows come up too bad, Then it is a job for Trade if there is a odd spot and I mean odd They wfp it,,Why because for the sake of a spot the windows will not be trashed when the rain comes traditionally  ;)

Mike 108

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 05:30:10 pm »
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far.

I know that with extra effort/care MOST cleans with WFP will be satisfactory (i.e. good enough for the customer) - it's the ones with the 'globuling' glass that bother me - especially at ground floor level, where I feel guilty leaving them when I know I could improve them by 'blading' them.

Also, at ground floor level you can see the results and can go over the glass again if necessary - but you can't see the results at first floor level and above!!

Mike

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 05:32:13 pm »
WFP has better results than trad without a single doubt, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

groundhog

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 05:37:12 pm »
With trad you know that the results are good because you can see the finish straight away, with wfp there is always some doubt as you can never be 100% sure that they will dry perfectly. However if you want to make really good money from window cleaning then you must be wfp!!

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 05:39:42 pm »
How does wfp do a better job than blading? I can see the benefits pure water but this is not exclusive to pole users.
  You can trad with pure water and suitable detergent.
   Does this do as good a job as wfp or not ?
   I`m curious and not knocking wfp.

Gerry.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 05:44:04 pm »
How does wfp do a better job than blading? I can see the benefits pure water but this is not exclusive to pole users.

It just does, ok. I was very unsure until I tried it, now I am convinced it does a better job, windows just have an extra shine now and the frames are loads better. Secondly if you add detergent to pure water it is no longer pure, so thats impossible. Trad isnt as good as wfp because wfp gives the window a proper "wash" not a rub. Its similar to dishes in a sink, you dont just pour a little water on each dish and rub soap into it, you dip it in the water and give them a good scrub, hope that helps, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 05:46:17 pm »

Gerry.
I do both,

wfp you clean all frames and glass quick on most jobs than you could just cleaning glass trad that is a fact from experience.

my trad work was always high quality (the best I could do) same with wfp
is trad or wfp better I would say the same but on finish end result wfp a gives better shine, I tryed trad with pure water only, takes ages.

simon knight

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 05:46:51 pm »
WFP has better results than trad without a single doubt, Luke

Hmm !!! Then why is it that most of the complaints are directed at wfp users?

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 05:48:14 pm »
Ok  :-[
 Gulp.

Gerry  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 05:51:29 pm »
Then why is it that most of the complaints are directed at wfp users?

Well those "wfp users" have nothing to do with me, in mine and lots of other peoples hands a wfp is better than trad. There are lots though who dont do it right, Luke :)