This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Definitions of success
« on: January 29, 2008, 06:16:43 pm »
For me;
To have the greatest, fastest system out there. To nail this as a business.

Does that make me shallow?
What do you want?

Re: Definitions of success
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 06:19:01 pm »
Just a decent living with a few luxuries is all i need.

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 06:20:09 pm »
For me;
To have the greatest, fastest system out there. To nail this as a business.

Does that make me shallow?
What do you want?
we all define Success in different ways, so no this does not make you shallow at all.

I want to be happy and for my family to have health and happyness and nice things in life.

Also want a new back  >:(

Pureandclean

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 06:28:55 pm »
According to Govt. statistics 75% of all new businesses fail in the first 12 months, and of the ones left 75% of them fail within the next 5 years.
 So if you are still in business after 5 years then you are a success.

I read a while ago that a good definition of success, was, "the ability to bear pain", in other words you keep going despite the problems that come....
colds, flu, long periods of rain, car or van breakdown, employee problems.

So keep going, no matter what, and you are a success !

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 06:30:21 pm »
wooohooo I am a success

matt

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 06:37:13 pm »
According to Govt. statistics 75% of all new businesses fail in the first 12 months, and of the ones left 75% of them fail within the next 5 years.
 So if you are still in business after 5 years then you are a success.

I read a while ago that a good definition of success, was, "the ability to bear pain", in other words you keep going despite the problems that come....
colds, flu, long periods of rain, car or van breakdown, employee problems.

So keep going, no matter what, and you are a success !

5 years ;) that means in less than 2 weeks i will be a success ;)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 06:37:38 pm »
Failure cannot live with persistency - that leads to success. Hard work & sheer determination in anything and everything you do, I  have a chronic illness, I'm still going 5 years later (with this illness), that's my success. I won't let ity beat me 'cause it sucks if I give in.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 06:39:40 pm »
Failure cannot live with persistency - that leads to success. Hard work & sheer determination in anything and everything you do, I  have a chronic illness, I'm still going 5 years later (with this illness), that's my success. I won't let ity beat me 'cause it sucks if I give in.
Good on you fella  ;)

Ian W

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 07:07:20 pm »
Yep, if you don't give in you are a success in my book.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

aztec

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 07:44:01 pm »
go wayne you are a real success in every way mate

Dean Aspects

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 07:58:44 pm »
As long as the bills get paid and you have a bit left over to enjoy yourselves with then thats a success obviously the more you want to enjoy yourselves the more left over you will need therefore being a bigger success so long as you still have time to enjoy it

Dean

Helen

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 08:05:44 pm »
Success....proving those wrong who said we were mad to give up our well paid careers and start from the bottom again! :)
Success......reaching and surpassing each goal that is set.
Success.... when the going gets tough, and it has and it will again, getting though the tough times and coming out the otherside smiling, with perhpas just a few more grey hairs ;D

NWH

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 08:07:16 pm »
Health,without it you have nothing.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 08:31:47 pm »
Finding your perfect partner and riding the good with the bad and still feeling the same about each other as you did when you first met.

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 08:35:38 pm »
I agree, except for me it's a scudo.

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 08:43:26 pm »
Chris Evans allways got me. His ambition was to host the radio 1 breakfast show. His dj hero was Kenny Everitt.
In my view Evans was the best of all time. But then what do you do when you've done it? He tried tfi friday, then Virgin, made 60 million almost by accident and his life went to krapp.

matt

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 08:48:17 pm »
Chris Evans allways got me. His ambition was to host the radio 1 breakfast show. His dj hero was Kenny Everitt.
In my view Evans was the best of all time. But then what do you do when you've done it? He tried tfi friday, then Virgin, made 60 million almost by accident and his life went to krapp.

but he did have billie piper in the mean time  :o :o

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 08:50:25 pm »
krapp  ::) hes a millionaire and by the looks of him he enjoys himself, billie is that really a big loss only he can aswer that, we all have different tastes I guess

brightnclean

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 09:25:44 pm »
Success is achieving your own goals in life. Whatever they may be.

I want financial independance. Basically a business that can run itself without me at the helm and will provide me with a good living when I'm away doing the things I really want.  :)

The problem with being a one man band is if anything happens to prevent work for a time then there is nothing to sustain you.

Pureandclean

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 08:01:43 pm »
To achieve your own goals will take time, and therefore as well as perseverance you will need patience.
 Recognising the steps involved and which steps you can take now, and which ones need something to change.

Many of us are too busy to sit down and think and plan, it is only those that do this, that will have any specific, time sensitive goals.

So if the weather forecasters are right, we could have some time over the next few days, to sit down and map out our futures, or consider what is truly important in our lives.

What were we put on this planet to do ?