Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alfa

How to advertise on Google
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:46:57 pm »
I am just about to start advertising on the Google - pay per click.I made a budget of £200 per month. Is that king of advertising working gyus? Any suggestions?How will I know that someone from Scotland is not klicking for cleaning services and our business is in Enfield, London   Which kind of advertising is working best.... exsept word of mouth?

lands

Re: How to advertise on Google
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 01:13:55 pm »
Hi Nevy

If I would yere you I would get someone like Mark Roberts to Optimise you website. He can get you onto the first page for about £130 (one off payment).

Pete

daniel b

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 03:08:31 pm »
Do you have Marks contact details i may be interested.
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

lands

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »
Look back on here in an hour or so Daniel.

Alfa

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 05:16:33 pm »
Thanks Pete I will contact Robert now.

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 10:02:52 pm »
You can use google adwords to get leads pretty effectively.  I think carpet cleaning is a pretty expensive keyword if I remember, as a matter of fact I turned it off for now.  My niche is more office cleaning and plan to do the one-offs for my customers.  I will tell you some great stuff I learnt while starting my campaign.  Number one read and head.  Search the web and figure out what is going to work for you.  When I first started with adwords I was getting plenty of impressions but zero clicks.  So I read and figured out the problem.  It was the ad and you can do a seperate ad for each campaign.  If you do a campaign for different types of carpet cleaning, whatever. But the add that you use for that campaign has to get the attention of the people that might want your service.  Ask your self why people want thier carpet cleaned and that is what you use.  You dont want that initail line to be your business name.  That does not get attention, unless your name happens to be "I'll make your carpet look like new", now that might catch my eye, I dont know you will have to make that decision.  Or the add could be "Experts at stain removal". 

The above gets your click throughs but all that does is cost you money, you have to get the request for infomation or a quote.  Most places I that I did my research with call this next part a "Call to Action".  Dont be shy, you paid for them to come to you site ask them to request information.  What I found is that you need a good "landing page".  After I came up with the adds that were getting me the click through I was not receiving any leads and again I started reading.  How do I use a "Call for Action" and have an effective "landing page".  I developed pages that are only accessible through my adwords campaign, and I do just that, ask them to click right away if they are interested in my services and then they click a link that leads them to the page that they are interested in.  I found this lead to about a 25% request for information on my click throughs.

To answer some of the other questions.  You can target you adds to a specific area.  Google will let you select a place that you want to start and you can target within so many miles of that.  So what happens is computers with IP addresses out of the geographic area you select will not get impressions of your adds.  But the computers within do get the impressions, that stops someone from Ireland or Scotland even seeing your adds never the less click them. 

Fradulent clicks are a problem and google does try to prevent them and monitors them the best they can, but from what I am reading it is pretty much hard to stop.  But, what I can say is that most of the fraudulent clicks come from the content network.  I did not completely shut it off but lowered my bid on content network to .10p and I do not have that problem (I don't think lol).  I was getting a lot of clicks from the content network and no follow through, that is why I decided to turn it down.  But if you target your area that gives less impressions to people who might give you fraudulent clicks.

Now my opinion of adwords, it is great.  My master franchisor was not to enthusiastic when I said I wanted to start my own website.  I knew I needed to keep costs down because I am just starting out.  So I bought Front Page for Dummies and designed my own site and expanded from there, I have learned so much about meta tags and stuff that I had no idea about 2 months ago.  I spent a total of 110 GBP for a domain and 2 years web hosting, I spent 9 GBP on my for dummies book and so far about 70 GBP on adwords, and I have recieved around 50,000 per annum in quotes in the last month off of it.  I will have to let you know later how much converts to contracts.  I will tell you that 44,000 of that is 2 contracts.  I have converted 3000 per annum so even that pays for it.  I have turned off my adwords for a while to see how the others come out because if I get lucky (cross your fingers) I will have a lot of time to dedicate to the other sites to get them up to snuff.

I do have a PDF file that google sent me and it is called something in the order of adwords for Dummies and I found it a bit useful. 

I do not do any computer stuff for money, but if you want me to look at your site and suggest some adds and call to actions then just e-mail me and when I get some spare time I will take a look.  If you designed your own site then I can explain better the landing pages I designed and why.

Oh yeah, if it helps any, you can also set the clock on your ads, my adds are targeted towards business so I do not have them on during the late evening and on weekends, that saves me some money on clicks that would not convert also.

Long I knw but I hope the info helps and if you want the PDF file for Dummies let me know

Alfa

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 04:24:01 pm »
Hi Gilbert
I do want to send you an e-mail. Shell I use the one form your site?
Thanks alot for your reply about Google Ad I still didn't start as I am looking for more info but I think I will do it this week. Let's see if it works... ???

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 10:15:35 pm »
Yes just use the one from my site, or here it is info@tcc-eastmidlans.co.uk.  Send me a link to your site so I can check it out.  There are a few other tools that I have got my hands on that have nothing to do with adwords but more towards page rank on google and search engines.  Some of it has to do with the actual website itself and you will need to adjust some html if you have access and the ability.  I have been playing with my site, and if you google builders cleans east midlands I have gotten up to the number one slot for the free searches in just a short time, I think I have number two for office cleans east midlands.  But those key word combinations are not as hard as say more site specific like say Nottingham Office Cleaning or Derby Office Cleaning.  I know what I need to do it is just going to take a while and the tools that are free on the net are unreal.  And even if you do not know how to adjust the HTML at least you have something to talk about to the guys who designed your site if it is not right.  The tools examine certain things like meta tags and Key words that are in the head of the site and not visible in the body.  Any way I will answer any questions that I can.  Cheers

Alfa

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 08:21:29 pm »
Gilbert did you receive my e-mail because I thing there was an error?

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 09:04:09 pm »
No I did not recieve it.  Please try again

letzclean

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 03:14:44 am »

Hi Gilbert would it be possible to get a copy of the pdf?

Regards
G
"A pessimist see's the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist see's the opportunity in every difficulty."

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 10:34:21 am »
You should have it on e-mail, let me know

Cheers

garyj

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 10:49:31 am »
Gilbert is back  ;D

Where you bin?

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 10:53:08 am »
Around lol, have had a lot of catching up to do on the business, hopefully can keep up with the forum a bit now

Cheers

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 10:54:50 am »
Gazza,

the e-mail came back undeliverable, it stated you are not able to accept e-mails that are over a certaing Meg.  Do you have another e-mail I can send it to?

Cheers

Bizzie Lizzie

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 10:34:14 pm »
Hi Pete could you email me details for Mark Roberts please - very much appreciated - Kind regards Bizzie Lizzie