This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

maxcarpets

When you walk into alltec do you......
« on: January 26, 2008, 07:25:51 pm »
When you walk into Alltec do you get met by a man holding a giant gold clock, swinging it backwards and forwards saying you are getting sleepy........ then the next thing you know you are walking around saying I OFFER THE DEEPEST CLEAN EVER OR ITS FREE, I OFFER AN IRON CLAD GUARANTEE, etc, etc, etc! I have had yet another fast track leaflet today, that is now 6 companies all offering the same nonsense in my area. If I pick up my local YP I will find even more? I would be so embarresed to advertise any of this, the feed back I get from my custys is that no one falls for it, just a way of doubling your price! Just my opinion,

Dear monitors please protect me from the onslaught I am about to receive by the hypnotised gang all droonong I OFFER THE DEEPEST CLEAN EVER OR ITS FREE, YOUR HOME IS NOT SAFE TO ENTER UNTILL I HAVE REMOVED ALL DUSTMITES, DUSTMITES WILL EAT YOU ALIVE etc etc!   

Justin

PaulKing

Re: When you walk into alltec do you......
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 08:04:07 pm »
hi max we don't have anyone here in newcastle doing the same however seeing as they have put it through your door and into your home, I believe you have the right to show us what has been left in your home!

go on post us a picture then we can all have a look and make appropriate comments.

Last time anyone tried the piraņa system up north i believe they got a cease and deists letter from what had previously been a good customer.

p.s
look into my eyes!
not around my eyes!
look into my eyes!
your under!
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 08:27:20 pm »
I've seen two companies using pretty much the same pink flyer only with a different company name and blokes picture. So much for the unique sales proposition.

As you read this you can stop and think about a time when you were really creative and it was just like time stood still and the words just seemed to flow. So as you bring this thought to bear, writing unique compelling copy can be easy and natural to you right now. Curiously the more you realise this the more excited you can feel about the prospect.

Atleast that's what I keep telling myself over and over again.

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 08:41:05 pm »
We will make your carpets like new !! is another one  :)

amazes me how they can make a carpet that maybe 20 yrs old like new :-\

the deepest clean you will ever see, hhmmm  I often wonder when a custy sees these words , how they chose their c/c after all they have a good choice ;)

and , I see a c/c advertising the areas No1 !!!!   whos said? I would like to know !! 

would it just be them saying this?  or can anybody put this on their van?   :)

I might just put Englands No 1  ;D 

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

maxcarpets

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:04:46 pm »
THE WORLDS NO1.

So if a cc with a porty and a cc with a T/M both buy into this fast track, who gives the deepest clean ever, I think the man with the porty should do it for free!

Justin

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 11:10:33 pm »
that's it go and upset the board on a Saturday night!

The most thorough clean is the clean that is the most thorough and if you go through the IICRC procedure you will get there wil a TM or a porti although a TM will get you back for tea time!

I've seen TMers clean carpets and they look good but not brilliant, it is down to the man at the wand.

Shaun

maxcarpets

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 07:22:52 am »
Sorry, I stepped out of line then. But you get my point, all the people advertising this amazing clean, one must be cleaning better than the other. I alo think the whole thing is a bit patronising, if you buy something in shop and dont like it you return it, they exchange it, if your still not happy you get a refund! Common business practise, not a selling point!

Justin

carpet guy

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 08:35:18 am »
Max

Marketing is about GRABBING prospects attention. What happens afterwards, depends, as Shaun rightly says, is down to the operator, BUT THEY ARE IN THE DOOR  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rob

maxcarpets

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 08:46:04 am »
I take that on board, but do you not think its a bit silly when every other cc is advertising the same promises, even our local CHEM-DRY Is Advertising THE DEEPEST CLEVEN EVER OR BLAH BLAH BLah Blah blah blah

Justin

from edge2edge

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 09:04:25 am »
Why dont we all just have on our vans these words.TRUST ME IM A CARPET CLEANER it seems to work for doctors(Alan from Swindon)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 09:16:43 am »
you've got to remember when  a customers sees the headline 'the best clean ever.....' its the first time they have seen it, we are sick of it because we see it all the time (because we are in the business so always notice it) but its fresh to a new customer, even if they see it often they don't notice or remember it.

do you think a customers thinks  'how can they say that if they clean with a small portable, they cannot give the same clean as high performance quad vac machine, so can't give the best clean ever'

we think its silly, but we aren't looking to have our carpets cleaned

Mike

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

carpet guy

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 09:33:53 am »
Max

Why does it bother you? There are a couple of things you can do, to be successful in business

Have a unique product, or unique selling point, or, copy someone elses success.

rob

Doug Holloway

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 10:02:41 am »
Hi Guys

When it comes to some of our suppliers wilder 'technical' claims I am a bull buster but when it comes to my marketing I too use hyperbole.

It attracts customers attention and sounds better than 'this may be quite a good clean'

Cheers

Doug

carpet guy

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 10:26:59 am »
Why should the prospect phone YOU ?  What they want to know is simple..........they have a problem, can you resolve their problem, within what THEY  regard as resonable cost.

Can you get that across in your marketing?

rob

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 12:23:04 pm »
Do not know what you are worried about they will not get results if all using it.

Thought neil who live near you also uses it? but could be wrong.

Carpet Cleaners are not Creative look at number of people promoting Eco Cleaning

There is a chap in this are called andy who uses the forum

Thought he was creative tapping into the Sandringham Connection and calling his company Crown and treating carpets like Royalty

i have heard that the Sandingham Estate manager has issued a decree for his head to be chopped off. ;D ;D ;D

M.Acorn

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 12:43:40 pm »
Got a couple around this way using that slogan ! one business has recently been sold the only thing that changed on their ads was the name ! same free phone no etc of ten carpet facts that everyone should know before getting a cleaner in ! bla bla bla

I seem to be getting a lot of booking from his area ha ha
What goes around comes around

Neil Grainger

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 02:03:05 pm »
Ian

I use some of it, not all of it but it does work. The pink leaflet is good but you have to make it your own. Justin has a problem in his area because their are lots of them.

But 5 miles down the road only 1 other company uses it. in the books south of the M4 between Winchester and Guildford so the market is not flooded with this stuff. Theirs a company in Bradford that use it and they are Fast track best performers.

Dont let it upset you Justin, just take anything that is good from it and use it yourself.  That art is to use whats good and dump the rest.

I am in the middle of re-writing my Website to update it and move away from this but this is only because after 5 years I feel that I know more about marketing and cleaning than i did when I got involved in fast track.  Its give you confidence and you must remember that a lot of guys getting involved in the CC industry have no marketing or business ability and the one things FT gives you is that.

Cheers

Neil

maxcarpets

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 04:15:25 pm »
I think your missing my point, it doesnt really make any difference to my business but if I had brought into it I would be gutted to find every other in YP claiming the same as me. I have built my business doing everything you are advised not to do. I put prices on adverstising, I quote over the phone, I only do a few leaflets every now & again, I use the words, "sale" and "discount"  I have built up 3 CC vans & a Wheelie bin cleaning van and I am hoping to add another TM by summer, my best sales person is one of my local fast trackers I get more work from his advertising then any other form of advertisng. It just baffles me why so many people buy into it. Surley the question must be asked to Mr Mckenna, sorry Mr Saunders "do I have anyone local offering the same service"? I would love to know if anyone has asked this. Sorry for moaning but it is quite a good topic!   And Sleep!

Justin

Doug Holloway

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 04:32:02 pm »
Hi Guys

Sopme years ago i posted about being surrounded by Fastrackers and imitators.

This worked well for me as I contra advertised, i.e did the opposite and had a no bull, clear, to the point ad which worked well.

It would be interesting to see if FT has a standrad internet template.

Cheers

Doug

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 04:35:19 pm »
Justin

Ive now elevated you to marketing Genius you have overtaken MH he only has one truck.