This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sagan33

Too much bleach
« on: November 30, 2004, 05:44:23 am »
Help me please. I used a mixture of bleach that was way too strong and it turned some of my tub a yellow color....Does anybody know how I can get it off please help

martin19842

Re: Too much bleach
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 07:20:07 am »
hi there,

where have you been using bleach, if on a client premises, then you need to be xtremely careful.

bleach- classifaction as a hazardous chemical,

consequences- HSE love it NOT!!!

insurance companies- love it, because they can get out of paying a claim involving bleach.

answer-- dont use it.

regards

martin

Sagan33

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 01:45:25 am »
I am more worried about my landlord...I am a renter and don't think he will like it..

adl

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 09:06:35 am »
Be a little more specific, what exactly have you turned yellow and what is it made of

regards Dave ADL

Sagan33

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 08:59:46 pm »
It is a Porcelain tub. I turned the walls of the tub and the floor of the tub yellow....Actually the tub is a yellow brown. I pretty much used straight bleach on it....thank you!

Ian Rochester

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 07:27:16 pm »
Are we talking about a "Bath" tub here? if so then it will not be porcelain, it will be either enamelled or plastic.

If it's turned yellow with the bleach then it is likely to be plastic as enamel is impervious and will not discolour.

Easy way and probably only way to cure it, get a new "tub"

Be careful .... its a jungle out there and there are lots of things that bite!!!