This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Michel Roberts

Re: Carpet Cleaners Day Out 2005
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2004, 10:30:22 pm »
Len,

That day is coming. According to the newapapers Yesterday failing to get one of the proposed national ID cards will result in a £2000.00 fine.

Michel

kerrmiddleton

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2004, 10:31:39 pm »
hi i loged on a couple of weeks ago and enjoying site very much ,would be very happy to come down south and met othere  journeymen and women in the trade
it will be like going on ncca,iicr courses where everyone has some thing in  common , look forward to hearing more info kerr middleton ,Edinburgh C&W cleaning services

Derek

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2004, 07:30:47 am »
John

Having just past yet another milestone just last weekend I know you are right ....dammit  ;)  ;D

Derek

Doug Holloway

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2004, 08:31:01 am »
Woodman,

Two comments;

Firstly With no disrespect to our northern friends keep it local i.e London or very near.
(I know the northern lads have a meeting near Preston.)
IMO one of the biggest failings of the NCCA is its lack of a branch network.
Secondly the obvious time to meet up with everyone is at the NEC exhibition ,BUT do not try to combine the two things.

Hope I have'nt offended anyone but I just think 3 local meetings , London, Midlands,North and possibly a fourth in Bonnie Scotland , makes more sense.

Cheers,

Doug

Dynafoam

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2004, 10:26:37 am »
Trevor,

I have to agree with Dougs comments. I am sure that there are others in the various regions who would be willing to make similar arrangements and an over-large informal meeting can create communication problems of its' own within that meeting.

Though many of the interested parties will be at the NEC, perhaps one extra event would lead to too crowded a schedule?

woodman

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2004, 06:45:12 pm »
Interesting points raised, Doug & John

If one is organised up north then it makes sense to keep ours in the south to south midlands.

Once again at this very early stage the response has been fantastic so we shall have to see ;)

I have communicated with Nick at Solutions and asked if he could attend with his new eclipse and also explain about MS with a possible training course in their application and proper usage, glad to say he has agreed.And before some of you say 'well he's a supplier'. I think and know others will agree ,that the use of MS has become a hot topic thats needs discussing further, especially for new starts.

Nick stayed away from A&M last year as he thought it was best (it would not have made any diffirence if he had have turned up) so an invitation this time round I believe was only right and proper considering all the help and advice he has given over the past 12 months or so. After all Steve Carpenter came to Watford last time round and we were all pleased to see him especially those who needed some explaination about CFR ;)

I am trying to twist the arm of some 'others' that may be of interest on the day and will let you know of any developments.

stevegunn

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2004, 07:04:16 pm »
So does that mean us from up north cannot attend your day out ???

Derek

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2004, 07:09:19 pm »
Doug

Just to correct you on one point ..the NCCA do run Branch meetings from time to time in the various regions...Non members are always welcome

Derek

woodman

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2004, 07:14:36 pm »
 ;D ;D

of course not steve, everybody is welcome.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2004, 09:01:33 pm »
Derek,

Let me know when the next one is and God willing I'll attend.

Cheers,

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2004, 09:06:55 pm »
I'd have liked one at or near the NEC to see our Southern Softy friends, I think if we could have a single meeting place it would be bigger and better with more to show and more to talk about from a Carpet Cleaning point of view not just a cleaning point which will be in the NEC.

Shaun

stevegunn

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2004, 09:09:34 pm »
I'd have liked one at or near the NEC to see our Southern Softy friends, I think if we could have a single meeting place it would be bigger and better with more to show and more to talk about from a Carpet Cleaning point of view not just a cleaning point which will be in the NEC.

Shaun

Agree totally Shaun the more the better

Doug Holloway

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2004, 09:16:27 pm »
Shaun/Steve,

I'll see if the 'Essex Boys' can operate that far north.

Cheers,

Softy Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2004, 09:44:11 pm »
You don't get nose bleeds if you come further than Watford!

And your hands don't stop being soft either!

Shaun

Doug Holloway

Dynafoam

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2004, 11:13:54 pm »
Doug,

Do you think we'd need a passport, as well as our thermal underwear?