This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

absolutecleaning

fumigation on eol clean
« on: January 18, 2008, 06:44:23 pm »
A client we are doing an eol for next week has just received a letter from the agent saying that because she has had a cat there she must 1. deodorise carpets and curtains and 2. fumigate the property either using an over the counter product or get the council in to do it.

1. is no problem

2. I have never heard of - the council will charge her a few quid I'd imagine.

Does anyone have experience of this / know what product she should use

Many thanks

Simon

BDCS

Re: fumigation on eol clean
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 07:00:50 pm »
Hello, I use prochem A222 in my fogger for this but it can be sprayed, just clean to a good standard first. Disco smoke m/cs are similar albut having smaller capacity but are sold as foggers especially cars

absolutecleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 07:21:45 pm »
Thanks for the quick response

So we could do the clean as normal and then use a222.  Do we spray everything - the letter seems to be saying more than just the carpet and curtains.

The Great One

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 07:48:17 pm »
Hi

Buy sta Kill, £4.95 for a 500ml trigger spray (2 should do it) and spray everything from carpets, curtains, the lot.

You can get from your local supplier.

Regards

Martin 8)

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 11:04:14 pm »
Hards surfaces should be ok with a thorough clean its only the fabrics,carpets etc that hold the odours, spraying is ok but better done with the fogger ! you can get them cheap on ebay and always sounds more professional

absolutecleaning

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 07:43:56 am »
Ok cheers

I dont have time to get a fogger this time - will just have to spray - so its only really carpets, curtains and any other soft furnishings.

BDCS - some of those foggers on ebay look really cheap - will the low end ones do the trick for the type of task we are talking about?

Thanks

Simon

absolutecleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 08:26:33 am »
The client has just sent me the wording from the letter and it says

"carpets and curtains professionally cleaned with pet deodoriser and fumigate the house to prevent infestation either using the Council or over the counter product."

Are we still talking about the same thing do you think?  Those products are for deodorising.

Simon

The Great One

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 09:58:40 am »
HI

I did a squat with Sta Kill.

The LA couldn't even go in because of the smell, after no problems.

It will kill anything and all smells.

Regards

Martin 8)

BDCS

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 01:59:36 pm »
Thats what I did at first its just quicker with the spray fogger, I now use the small m/c for cars etc. Wear a mask else you'll feel like you have been to the dentist.  with regards to the requirement wording just be confident and hand the invoice in