Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darren O

Re: Wonder Wand
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 01:57:40 pm »
Joe how good is the wonder wand at actually cleaning carpets does it rinse the carpet as good as a conventional wand.I was thinking of getting a vac booster for my raptor never thought to much about the wonder wand.Also could you use it with 2x3 stage vacs at 75ft and still get good drying times.cheers Darren

stevegunn

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 02:13:43 pm »
Steve does that come with tanks hoses booster and wand then?

Comes with hoses and wand but no tank only £144 for 400ltr.

Sorry to steer away from the wonder wand but when thw ww got mentioned teamed up with the scorpion thought I would compare the price v performance.As Shaun said the ww locked when used with t/m but seems to work fine with portable.

John Kelly

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 02:22:02 pm »

Comes with hoses and wand but no tank only £144 for 400ltr.

As well as the wand and hoses, The Prowler price now includes a tank.  Customers can choose any size from our range but usually choose 250, 400 or 650 Litres!

Lynn

spencer davies

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 03:41:00 pm »
Hello Steve,

I sold my Scorpion to Joe Hatton, I will be taking a trip to Hydramaster in the spring, at the moment we are using two Speedsters with the wonderwand, really pleased with the results.

S

Joe H

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 04:45:30 pm »
Joe how good is the wonder wand at actually cleaning carpets does it rinse the carpet as good as a conventional wand.I was thinking of getting a vac booster for my raptor never thought to much about the wonder wand.Also could you use it with 2x3 stage vacs at 75ft and still get good drying times.cheers Darren

Hi Darren, can only give you info on what i have done.
Have used the Wonderwand with the CFR500 Pro, which is a 2x2stage vac, 500psi at 50 foot and it was ok
Used it with the Scorpion which is 3x3stage vac, 300psi at 75 foot and that was ok too.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 05:10:52 pm »
John can I have a Sherman Tank?

The ww is slower at cleaning but it's a bit like a drag wand but without the heavy weight, in alot of cases it only needs 1 pass and IMO it is very well made but I don't think it would be any good for a Prowler as it doesn't seem to move water quick enough (CFR pumps has high psi but only 1 gallon a min).

Shaun

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 06:15:20 pm »
John can I have a Sherman Tank?

The ww is slower at cleaning but it's a bit like a drag wand but without the heavy weight, in alot of cases it only needs 1 pass and IMO it is very well made but I don't think it would be any good for a Prowler as it doesn't seem to move water quick enough (CFR pumps has high psi but only 1 gallon a min).

Shaun

Why wouldn't you change the jets to higher flow?
The way I see it, the only purpose for a CFR pump to have higher pressure is to convert that potential to higher flow, 300 psi at 1.25 gpm will out clean 500 psi at .75 gpm every day, and probably be drier when all is said and done from the single one pass flushing stroke.

*paul_moss

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2008, 06:25:32 pm »
Jeff I dont think you would have enough suction with the CFR to do this. With a truckmount having a large blower you need larger jets to flush more water through and give more vac pick up,hence drier carpet.
I think thats how it works. You would prob explain it better than me  ;)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2008, 08:37:08 pm »
I did put larger jets on my WW and it cleaned loads better but if you don't get the angle of the wand head just right it didn't get the vacuum, you do have to have a good and constant wand technique (your GG have mad us more productive and a bit lazy ;D)

Shaun