This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

advanced

rain rain rain
« on: January 15, 2008, 09:30:51 am »
what a great start to the year, just before christmas  got the flu so could not work  then we had time off at christmas  now we have had days of rain again  no work  and a tax  bill to pay  ain' life sweet

Re: rain rain rain
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 09:32:22 am »
yeah was thinking that myself looks like rain all week! :o :o :o

groundhog

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 09:39:36 am »
Get yourself some waterproofs and get on with it. Sitting around wingeing will not do you any good at all!!

johnny_h

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 09:42:06 am »
im lucky i have a wherehouse clean to do so its going to be waterproofs on and off out
AUDI VIDE TACE

xxmattyxx

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:47:40 am »
Get yourself some waterproofs and get on with it. Sitting around wingeing will not do you any good at all!!

I did but they blew away in the wind

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 09:52:26 am »
Nor will irritating all your customers, by expecting them to waste money on a pointless job.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 10:02:26 am »
I know i've got nothing much on today so i am going to take my car to the carwash and spend my hard earned cash. Who's with me - no one? Let's have our windows cleaned instead then?

geefree

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 10:05:12 am »

thats how i am thinking, im sat here raring to go, put its absolutely pelting down, i cant clean someones windows in this,

i dont mind working in the rain one bit but i just dont fancy cleaning windows in this, even with wfp.

i have worked lots in the rain but not this..... its  would seem to the customers as though i am mental and they would feel ripped off i am sure.
Nor will irritating all your customers, by expecting them to waste money on a pointless job.

geefree

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 10:07:21 am »

thats what i was replying to, sorry.
lol

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 10:21:25 am »

thats what i was replying to, sorry.
lol
Ah right, I was trying to decipher it!

There will be plenty who disagree, but would you pay good money for it on a day like this?
..and let's face it, it ain't cheap.
Not only that, but the sort who will turn up in the rain are usually the ones who charge a lot more too. ::)

geefree

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 10:29:58 am »
yes, its too much,

i keep going to thedoor to have a go , but i simply cant turn up to a house in this stuff and believe me i want to!

just heard the flood warnings now.

here we go again  ???

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 10:39:33 am »

I don't understand these posts, I mean, to post surely you are behind the PC, and actually not out there?  ;D

Or atleast your sitting in the car with laptop and wireless, nice and dry. lol

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 10:40:48 am »
i have tried cleaning in this weather before i could not see what i was doing as i was due to clean 4 story block of flats today not fun in heavy rain!! :o :o :o

GMG

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 10:47:35 am »
Same here i want to get out ,the round i have i bought off
a  chap who worked in this weather and in conversation with the customers
the feed bad
was lets say not good  such as they looked no better than they where before, saying that we all have bills to pay.For me its
no to working in the rain i dont like it but there you go

petetaylor56

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 11:18:46 am »
 :(water proofs or not you end up with the flu you will be worse of  ;)
today i be mostly wfp

matt

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 11:39:54 am »
its stopped here

ive done my job at home that had to be done for the mrs

do i go out ? ?? ? ?

it still looks really dark though

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 11:42:01 am »
Yes it stopped here about 11.30. I'm off out.

Dale Smith

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 11:48:20 am »
No point in Swindon, the whole area has flood warnings & it's mega windy. Today is a total miss.
We worked y/day, and kept stopping/starting, as well as custies saying 'not in this weather surely'. Don't blame them really.
Swindon, Wiltshire.

geefree

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 12:49:45 pm »
stopped here im off lol

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 12:58:43 pm »
Hi All

Lovely Day 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, you can't work when it's heavy rain and wind...........Stupid that is ::) ::)

But light or even steady rain.....why not....if your customers moan just leave em out that month.  With WFP you wet em anyway and you wash a months muck off so they won't get too bad.  Most of my customers don't bother.......it's me who don't like getting wet ??? ??? ???

David
Not Perfect - But Honest