This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Do you work in high winds
« on: January 10, 2008, 08:27:45 am »
What level of wind do you work in ?.

Today near me the wind is 40 miles per hour gusting to 55mph.

Would you work in it or wait for it to die down ?.

Just interested to get your views.

Dave

Pj

Re: Do you work in high winds
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 08:34:19 am »
I work in that...if I have to (in other words if nothing's urgent I'd wait for it to die down), but definitely not above 1st floor.

;)

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 08:38:32 am »
It's a tough one for me, 'cos if we don't work, Wor Lass is making me go shopping; groan.

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 08:39:39 am »
You're not having a spot of bad weather on the SW coast are ya Dave?  ;D Windy in Surrey here and by all accounts p'ing in the midlands at the minute and heading this way. It REALLY IS just the kind of start to the New Year we wanted isn't it? As if motivation was a question before..it sure is now.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 09:02:34 am »
Alex has gone out.  He only stops work if it's lightening or torrential rain.  Then again he's got us lot to feed!

Mrs A

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 09:25:23 am »
I have got the lads out but had to reschedule and send them on commercial and a nursery school we do inside and out, so hopefully the weather will die down when they have done and they can go back on domestics.

It has started raining since the first post so that puts another slant on it.

this year is not the worst for a bad start in the new year, i can remember about 7 years ago , i hardly earnt a penny for about 2 months, in the end we had to auction our antiques to raise money to live on.   ;D

matt

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 09:35:53 am »
im home, its very windy here

to be honest, i dont need the money ( though i could do with it this month ) and all the posts about spots on windows in high winds ( with the dust getting blown around before they dry ) leads me to belive im better off not working in the rain

Pj

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 09:38:04 am »
If things get really bad you may have to go out to work yourself Dave! :o

Most of the interior of your Porsche is probably edible if you get really hungry ;D

Look at the time!!  I'm off

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 10:09:06 am »
I have got the lads out but had to reschedule and send them on commercial and a nursery school we do inside and out, so hopefully the weather will die down when they have done and they can go back on domestics.

It has started raining since the first post so that puts another slant on it.

this year is not the worst for a bad start in the new year, i can remember about 7 years ago , i hardly earnt a penny for about 2 months, in the end we had to auction our antiques to raise money to live on.   ;D

The worst week I remember was the start of October about 12 years ago.  I remember when it was because it was the start of my accounting year.  At the end of week 1 of my accounting year my turnover was a grand total of £10 - and even that customer complained   ;D  .
It was torrential all week long and the £10 was earnt first thing in the morning during a brief pause.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 10:19:21 am »
it is now raining horizontal here now with what seems like 70 mph winds, the lads are still out and i am grinning from ear to ear knowing i am dry and warm and money is still being earned.

Thank the lord for employees,

I dont have to face the customers looks of discontent, the lads do,and if i lose one or two customers well thats ok, at least i can still put bread on the table this week.

Dave

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 10:24:33 am »
it is now raining horizontal here now with what seems like 70 mph winds, the lads are still out and i am grinning from ear to ear knowing i am dry and warm and money is still being earned.
That's what you think.
I bet they're sat in a cafe somewhere chatting up the girl behind the counter. ;D

It's just started raining here, and thank god, at last.

I've got a doctors appointment at 11.30, and my work this morning was going to be about 3 hours worth about 6 miles away.

I knew it was going rain at some point, and I didn't want to have to make a second trip up there.
But for the last hour or so I've been feeling a bit guilty, as it's been dry.
I can relax now. ;D

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 10:35:04 am »
Weather front is just coming in here a little later than forecast. Today i decided not to work and was beginning to think the weathermen had cocked up again.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 10:45:40 am »
Just rung Alex - he's soaking, my poor baby  :'(

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 11:00:16 am »
lol, you better give him a big  :-* for putting food on the table  ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 11:02:34 am »
 :)

john tomkins

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 11:20:42 am »
Howling it down here, wind and rain, just what I need after the Christmas break and then a touch of the flu :(
Only got 3 days in so far this year :( :( :(

Dean Aspects

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 11:43:21 am »
I couldn't work yesterday because of the wind its just too dangerous to work in high winds if its a strong breeze its okay but then results can vary due to dust/dirt/debris sticking to wet windows

Dean

Elginn

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 11:48:19 am »
I don't work in windy weather, apart from the potential danger, it can cause problems giving you spotty windows, I don't like going over work twice, so I stay home in the warm.

DASERVICES

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 12:36:51 pm »

Just tell him your expecting another addition to the family to make him work harder ;D ;D

DASERVICES

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 12:38:53 pm »
Personnaly I no longer work in this weather as the high winds contaminate the windows and you have the customer ringing you back. You then have to go over the work all again which is not cost effective.

Has happened to me a few times so decided not to work in strong wind and rain.