This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

How often do you check your TDS?

Every day
51.4%
19 (51.4%)
Every other day
5.4%
2 (5.4%)
Every 3 to 5 days
5.4%
2 (5.4%)
Weekly
16.2%
6 (16.2%)
Monthly
21.6%
8 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

[GQC] Tim

How often do you check your TDS?
« on: January 09, 2008, 07:19:10 pm »
Do you check it everyday before you go to work or? Weekly perhaps?

I guess this isn't much of an issue with inline TDS meters, but more with the handheld ones.

Re: How often do you check your TDS?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 07:20:12 pm »
Do you check it everyday before you go to work or? Weekly perhaps?

I guess this isn't much of an issue with inline TDS meters, but more with the handheld ones.
everyday
I dont have an inline tds meter and if I did I would still check it 15 secs is not much for peace of mind

LWC

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 07:23:38 pm »
im awful, i check it...if someone has said something about the windows. and no one has, so i aint...ummm checked it...oops

*Matt goes off to find his tds meter...now where is it*

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 07:49:56 pm »
Hm, a lot of people say that the inline TDS meters are not good. Is that true for even the Industrial type TDS inline meter? (Gardiners for instance sells it.)

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 08:06:36 pm »
I check mine on every fill of my tank, I keep my TDS at 000 that way I have eliminated one problem if the custy complains

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 08:07:51 pm »
im awful, i check it...if someone has said something about the windows. and no one has, so i aint...ummm checked it...oops

*Matt goes off to find his tds meter...now where is it*
dont worry m8, I do this aswell  ;)

Dean Aspects

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 08:14:24 pm »
Whats a tds meter???
Only kidding i check mine weekly but as i have a very low tds reading this is more than enough

Dean

matt

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 08:15:38 pm »
when i remmber ( last time was about 2 months )

i know the TDS from my RO is 006 - 007 so even if it reaches that, its still good to clean

i await the posts that follow condeming me to life in hell

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 08:19:24 pm »
i dont know about you lot but the inline tds on my ro man is about as much use as a handbrake ona canoe only gives a correct reading for in never right on out maybe mines knacked anyone else found this????

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 08:25:08 pm »
mines an inline twin one so i check it everytime , first i put the ro on flush as its usually is high before flushing.

Tap tds - 250-300
flushing tds from 120 ish goes down to 25ish

once flushed it goes back to the normal 25 and i go from there, it works well - whats wrong with an inline?

i set the two pins that go inline accoss the t peice, i think thats how there sposed to be.
the in tds reading is allways about 250 the out varies because when you turn the tap or pump off, and its stopped working, it takes a while to get down to the best tds again, i usually flush it for 5 minutes, and it goes from over 100 down to 25 on the out reading.

TVCS

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 08:25:32 pm »
Just got a handheld tds today.  Been relying on the inline one for the last 18 months but as far as I know that has always been somewhere near to the mark.  Will be interested to compare handheld to the inline jobbie
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 08:31:49 pm »
Just got a handheld tds today.  Been relying on the inline one for the last 18 months but as far as I know that has always been somewhere near to the mark.  Will be interested to compare handheld to the inline jobbie

Please let us know how you get on with it. Which inline do you have?

Mo

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 08:33:38 pm »
i chech mine every day ;D
Mo 8)

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 08:33:43 pm »
Just got a handheld tds today.  Been relying on the inline one for the last 18 months but as far as I know that has always been somewhere near to the mark.  Will be interested to compare handheld to the inline jobbie
my guess would be you inline is really an outline  :o

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 09:09:55 pm »
i never use the inline any more the hand held gives a more accurate reading at least on my ro man cant comment on other units.My tds out of the tap is about 450 to 470 comes out of ro at 007 according to inline but actually reads 020 on handheld so i go with the hand held comes out of di anything from 000 to 004 depending on how close to resin change i am

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 09:46:20 pm »
I must confess.  I'm the one who voted for 3 - 5 days   :)  .
That's not as bad as it sounds though because I have two DI vessels after the RO so have a lot of leeway.  My checks are usually made before and after the first DI vessel.  If the water leaving DI 1 starts to climb above zero, I then start checking more frequently until it matches the water coming out of the RO - at which point I change the resin in DI 1 .

TVCS

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 11:44:54 pm »
Compared results today with my inline tds meter and my new handheld..
Inline 000.  new resin and fresh filters about 2 weeks ago.
Handheld.  004.   
Not too bad when the handheld has a +/- of 2 tds.   The inline is still good enough for me.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)