Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

van doors left open or closed ????
« on: January 09, 2008, 05:35:40 pm »
all you guys who have a mounted system in your vans, what do you do when cleaning around say the back of a building and the van is at the front. do you leave the back doors open with the hose coming out or do you have an outlet for your hose? :P

George P

Re: van doors left open or closed ????
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 05:40:12 pm »
depends where working but you can put hose between central part of closed doors and it doesnt affect hose or damage van

Tim Rose

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 05:43:07 pm »
Make a hole in the roof for any hoses.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 05:44:03 pm »
I keep meaning to have an outlet but leave the doors open slightly.

When stuff gets nicked I'll do something about it like I did with my house-alarm! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 05:44:18 pm »
all you guys who have a mounted system in your vans, what do you do when cleaning around say the back of a building and the van is at the front. do you leave the back doors open with the hose coming out or do you have an outlet for your hose? :P
closed, hose connections on out side under bumper.

Ian

Tim Rose

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 05:55:39 pm »
I leave the doors open.  One day I hid inside the van, behind the tank, for three hours, but nothing happened so I just got on with my work.

JSMC

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 05:56:04 pm »
any pics of these modifications

Tim Rose

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 05:57:53 pm »
What, the holes in the roof?  That was just me joking.

tonylee

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 05:58:31 pm »
hi. a hole in the roof?
i made a hole in the floor. can then lock the van
tony

Tim Rose

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 06:02:53 pm »
I wouldnt really make a hole in the roof.   :o

Then again maybe you could run the hose above the head height of pedestrians onto a suitable place on the fence or whatever?

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 06:05:42 pm »
any pics of these modifications
there it is from outside:

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 06:14:27 pm »
i really hate plastic hoselock connectors, they allways leak or break or leak some more theyre rubbish,

does anyone have their hose on the inside, with a closeable outlet on the side or back or floor of the van, with like a roller guide so you can just pull it out and it comes out nice and smooth and you can have the doors locked? thats what i would do (if i had a van) probably in the floor at the back  so that the hose comes out low for less of a trip hazard

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 06:17:03 pm »
i really hate plastic hoselock connectors, they allways leak or break or leak some more theyre rubbish,

does anyone have their hose on the inside, with a closeable outlet on the side or back or floor of the van, with like a roller guide so you can just pull it out and it comes out nice and smooth and you can have the doors locked? thats what i would do (if i had a van) probably in the floor at the back  so that the hose comes out low for less of a trip hazard
you can update and get brass it you want, I personally did not want my van side cut out because if you sell it it would be devalued, pulling hose from inside to me was again a no no as you will find out if you do this.

Ian

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 06:24:50 pm »
Hole through the floor under my reel just inside the back doors. Lock the van hitch up  to the microbore and walk off no problems at all! My hosereel is always connected always pressured up and ready to go. I never have to lift the reel out of the van ever. ;)

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 06:27:25 pm »
Hole through the floor under my reel just inside the back doors. Lock the van hitch up  to the microbore and walk off no problems at all!
how long you been doing that and how is it reeling back in m8?

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 06:33:04 pm »
i think that way would be easier? just pull it out and reeling it in would be easier because its mounted to the floor,
offourse im sure everyone would like to do it this way if they had one of these:

http://www.redashe.com/Hose_Reels/Coxreel_Man_Power_Rewind/Competitor_1175.html

electric powered rewinding hose reel   yes please!

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 06:35:26 pm »
i think that way would be easier? just pull it out and reeling it in would be easier because its mounted to the floor,
offourse im sure everyone would like to do it this way if they had one of these:

http://www.redashe.com/Hose_Reels/Coxreel_Man_Power_Rewind/Competitor_1175.html

electric powered rewinding hose reel   yes please!
I am likely that aswell any idea of the cost ? would save loads of time.

Ian

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 06:38:27 pm »
Just leave your back doors open and have all your gear pinched ;D

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 06:38:44 pm »
Been doing that for about a hundred metres. ;D

Couple of months now reeling in is no problem - just guide it left and right onto the reel with my left hand. Much of the time i run the hose out of the open door too as it's a bit quicker to wind in (less friction). I also have the option to lift the reel out of the van and connect under the bumper and lock the van.

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 06:40:22 pm »
i have a hose mounted inside the van andjust leave the back doors open, what they gonna nick? good luck to em if they can pick up my 650 litre tank (even being bolted down) maybe they'll nick some water ;D ;D ;D better start locking the van now ;)
I have poles in my van and I dont want to get arrested for running someone over trying to nick them. van stays locked