This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: MY FASTEST DAY EVER!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 08:58:19 pm »
So what now then Luke? You've mastered the noble art of water-fed-pole in ten minutes, you are a superb business man and so fast! You must be bored witless, what are you going to do for the next forty five years of your working life?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 09:10:28 pm »
I didnt earn the most ever but for speed I am really feeling how quick I can be on wfp! Luke

Does that sound like the words of a man fully acomplished in his trade...........? No, I'm at the bottom of a very big pole  :) and have goals for the next year!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 09:14:13 pm »
Totally forgot to welcome you to the forum DJW, anyway, welcome to the forum, :) Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 09:31:50 pm »
I don`t think we can ever determine how quick we will all be unless we do all of our work WFP,i still do a couple of houses a day trad and looking back it surprises me how much it slows me down over the course of the day just by doing a couple trad.I do have times when i can go 3-4 days WFP only and the amount you can do is scary when working WFP only.

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 09:34:31 pm »
Totally forgot to welcome you to the forum DJW, anyway, welcome to the forum, :) Luke

I've been here before  ;)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 09:36:21 pm »
WFP only and the amount you can do is scary when working WFP only.

Yes it is suprising, I did 14 jobs in 5.5 hrs, and they werent little jobs either. i just couldnt believe i had done them so quick because I thought I might be behind because of the cold, starting time and light, Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 09:37:40 pm »
I've been here before 

oh nice, what was you user name? Luke

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 09:50:55 pm »
Down the bottom.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 09:51:22 pm »
Well, I struggled today, undoubtedly, being trad, the cold didnt help, also run down with a cold or something of my own, had a satisfactory day yesterday, well, today did what I wanted but it was a real grind and struggle.

WFP is to be adopted within my round hopefully in about a months time (crikey only a month now  :o  :o)

chrismroberts

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 09:53:16 pm »
So what now then Luke? You've mastered the noble art of water-fed-pole in ten minutes, you are a superb business man and so fast! You must be bored witless, what are you going to do for the next forty five years of your working life?

Hes going to build an empire....  ;) :)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 09:54:23 pm »
Where you removed Davew? Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 09:55:27 pm »
In the words of Johnny Cash

empire....of dirt
!!!!

chrismroberts

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 09:58:10 pm »
In the words of Johnny Cash

empire....of dirt
!!!!

LOL, dirt IS money ;):P

Jago

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2008, 10:05:05 pm »
I am suprised how quick it can be but I only think it is the not going up and down the ladders and the not having to detail
I was cleaning a house and had two window cleaners working the other side of the road
after saying he wanted to get wfp we started work and i did mine packed all my kit away did the bottoms trad and the other two had only just finished doing their house
I was paid up and offski he was charging 2 pounds more than me and had to split it
I would not have been able to work on my own without wfp so confidently and safely
Regards J
To Do Is To Dare

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 10:07:07 pm »
Jago, can I ask why you favour trad for downstairs? Luke

Jago

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 10:07:51 pm »
My Grandad used to say according to my dad,
"Where there's Muck, There's Brass"
I aint found no Brass lol but I recon the Queens crown on them notes look Brass'ish
;-)
To Do Is To Dare

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2008, 10:09:09 pm »
"Where there's Muck, There's Brass"

My dad always says that! Luke

Jago

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2008, 10:20:13 pm »
Of course you can,
Space really,
I have a volvo estate and can carry 10 containers, bucket, Pole, point ladder on roof
I do use wfp on all my leaded windows and on georgians that make a difference.
It means i can get about 3 houses per 25 ltrs on smaller houses nearly four.
I only seem to carry more on the days when i have the awkward houses
max i use in a day is 6 or seven  but i chuck a couple of spares in.
so i carry say 8 at a time max
Bring on a van when i get enough houses
To Do Is To Dare

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2008, 10:26:00 pm »
There's some rubbish written by some on here and most of it by one person.
14 jobs in 5.5 hours with drives in between, waited for windows to dry to make sure the results were good in the middle of a cold spell whilst having a chat with customers and had to carry out repairs.
The beuti of internet forums eh Luke

Paul Coleman

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2008, 10:28:16 pm »
I disagree aztec,

If your going to invest in the kit and the standard of the finish tends to go up when you know what your doing then thats just the way it is.

People are paying for the quality of work they are getting and the price should reflect that too.
I agree with you.  Repaying any loans for equipment has to be factored in when assessing an hourly rate.  As for the time taken, although some will disagree, I don't think it's any of the customer's business.  My hourly rate may be higher now but if I take less hours to do a job then it's not like they are paying any more for it.