This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

MY FASTEST DAY EVER!!!
« on: January 03, 2008, 05:02:50 pm »
I started late at 10 o clock and it was abseloutley freezing, with a very low wind chill factor. Anyway even though the hose was stiff and the water was freezing on the pole and I had to put gritt down on all 14 jobs I had finished by 3:30!!!! And they werent little jobs either,all houses spread out between two towns 5 miles apart, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

chrismroberts

Re: MY FASTEST DAY EVER!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 05:23:02 pm »
Same here! Not the most lucrative day ever... but probably the fastest! Had planned to work from 9-4, but couldnt start until 10.45.... but got all the work done that I'd planned, and was finished by 3.30!  :D :D Loving this WFP stuff ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 05:32:09 pm »
I didn't hang around while I was actually working either.  It's just that I didn't work all the time.  Sitting in the van with the engine running, a nice long read of the paper, and a large cup of hot chocolate were the highlights of my day.  Not my greatest days income ever by some way but happy to get finished in a particular area as the last couple of hours was worked in snow and sleet.

chrismroberts

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 05:41:17 pm »
I didn't hang around while I was actually working either.  It's just that I didn't work all the time.  Sitting in the van with the engine running, a nice long read of the paper, and a large cup of hot chocolate were the highlights of my day.  Not my greatest days income ever by some way but happy to get finished in a particular area as the last couple of hours was worked in snow and sleet.

Now that sounds like a good day  :D :D :D What fun is high income when you break your back and make yourself miserable to get it?   :) :)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 05:58:57 pm »
I didnt earn the most ever but for speed I am really feeling how quick I can be on wfp! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

aztec

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 06:09:28 pm »
i am not knocking you luke but you might want to slow down a bit if you want to charge good rates mate, just my opinion, when customers realise you are there half the time you used to be they expect you to lower your prices accordingly or moan how much you are earning as opposed to how you used to do it. i know this has been argued about before but its true

dudek

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 06:34:13 pm »
I disagree aztec,

If your going to invest in the kit and the standard of the finish tends to go up when you know what your doing then thats just the way it is.

People are paying for the quality of work they are getting and the price should reflect that too.

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 06:50:27 pm »
I don't see how you can be fast if you have a low flow rate.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 07:00:41 pm »
Maybe you need enough flow, not to much and not too little. The glass still takes time to scrub/agitate otherwise the water just flashes over the top of the built up dirt layer without flushing it.

Whilst doing this minimum "scrub time" per window, then if you have just enough flow, then thats the optimum  time and water flow needed ?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 08:35:01 pm »
i am not knocking you luke but you might want to slow down a bit if you want to charge good rates mate, just my opinion, when customers realise you are there half the time you used to be they expect you to lower your prices accordingly or moan how much you are earning as opposed to how you used to do it. i know this has been argued about before but its true

I dont work by the hour and I've never lost a single job and i charge alot!!!Not bragging but its true! Nobody would ever moan, my customers are just not like that, I'm there friend not just a workman! They would tell me if I did a mistake because I encourage them to be open about my work but when it comes to the price they know the service there getting isnt cheap but the best, Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 08:37:54 pm »
Your right Jeff, the way to get quick is to be methodical and have the right flow, today I did both perfectly. I have a set way of cleaning each window that gives it a good scrub and rinse with a good flow, Luke

Jago

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 08:42:16 pm »
I am with Luke,
I started Late did all my work and stopped when offered a coffe or chocs
All good my customers do not care how long as long as I do a top job.
I pay for the equipment travell costs upkeep of my equipment
Price of setting it all up
They all seem happy
as I say if you do a top job and charge accordingly they are happy you are profesional

Keep it up luke
To Do Is To Dare

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 08:45:21 pm »
Not being funny but how do you know your results are perfect Luke, have you been back round to check? I still can't believe some of you on here who think they have perfect results every time - it just doesn't happen in my opinion.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 08:45:29 pm »
I am with Luke,
I started Late did all my work and stopped when offered a coffe or chocs
All good my customers do not care how long as long as I do a top job.
I pay for the equipment travell costs upkeep of my equipment
Price of setting it all up
They all seem happy
as I say if you do a top job and charge accordingly they are happy you are profesional

Keep it up luke

I agree and anybody that doesnt should read the "perception" thread. Even in that short space of time I had enough time to have a short chat with most of my customers and an old school friend, oh and my pole y piece broke!! Luke

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 08:46:34 pm »
I disagree aztec,

If your going to invest in the kit and the standard of the finish tends to go up when you know what your doing then thats just the way it is.

People are paying for the quality of work they are getting and the price should reflect that too.
I know what you're saying, and that should be the case.
But it's not.
It's been angrily commented upon by many of my customers, especially as I've got a nice van too.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 08:48:06 pm »
Not being funny but how do you know your results are perfect Luke, have you been back round to check? I still can't believe some of you on here who think they have perfect results every time - it just doesn't happen in my opinion.

What I just said:
They would tell me if I did a mistake because I encourage them to be open about my work

I always without fail check my work and 6 jobs today I collected the money after the water had dried, so i could see the work done. I'm not in the habit of cutting corners, every inch of the window gets scrubbed and rinsed! Luke

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 08:50:49 pm »
So perfect, such a business man, and such a tender age! Whatever happened to modesty? ::)

Jago

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 08:53:40 pm »
I do the same as i go back and check when i collect money or put my Chitts but I have only ever had on customer show me a smeared window when i went back to collect. It was my first ever new clean with WFP so was green myself she said no problem i did not have to do it as they were really dirty
but no hassle in getting pole off for twom mins to do window again.
so I am confident i offer a top quality job.
I also still trad bottoms so I am pretty unbiased
To Do Is To Dare

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 08:54:01 pm »
So perfect, such a business man, and such a tender age!

Actually I can thank my dad for most of my business and work skills, his ethic and attitude has rubbed off on me, as has the attitudes of people on here! Luke

tonylee

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 08:57:01 pm »
hi
mine could have been but;
got to a gated property at 12.10 (she told me she would be home at 11.30)
i rang her and she gave me the code to enter. now im in, gates shut, 20 mins work, £15. now can i get out. no.
the release button is in the house!
she arrives home at 1.20 thanks love.
next time i will enter the code and park the van in the beem of the gates so they can not shut
finished shortly after cold and pi55ed off!
tony