Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Big_Fish

Re: *** Paul Chambers ****
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2004, 07:57:45 am »
£20 sent.

Has there been any more contact from Paul?
Often the impact of something like this can take a while to actually take hold.

If you do get to read this Paul & Cath, our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Nicky

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2004, 10:47:00 am »
Paid by pay-pal today paul!!
all the best from Alan Chambers[ A.C. Cleaning services]
P.S. not related ,i dont think!!!

dd dave

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2004, 10:22:20 am »
Glad to help - cheque in post- Best wishes to Paul and Cath

Michel Roberts

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2004, 04:44:05 pm »
Paul,

I have just read this thread and cannot belive how unlucky you have been.
Hope things improve for you and Cathy.

Will send check for 20.00 tonight

Michel

betterthanwetter

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2004, 06:58:39 pm »
Does anyone know what kind of cleaning system(s) Paul uses?  I tried to dig through past postings, but in an effort to save time, I thought I'd just ask you all.

englum

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2004, 07:15:35 pm »
best regards to paul and cath weve never met but hope things get better £20.00 on its way
WE CLEAN LIKE MARTINI
ANYTIME  ANYPLACE ANYWHERE

Forum Admin

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2004, 11:22:27 am »
Hi

Just to let you know that we've recieved £300 in total so far with possibly some more in the post.

I hope to transfer the money later today.

I'm sure Paul and Cath will want to thank everyone themselves and I have no doubt that they will be extremely grateful.

Thanks again

Mike Boxall

adl

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2004, 01:32:48 pm »
Just sent mine today, sorry not fri as promised but been on site all weekend, regards Dave ADL

Big_Fish

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2004, 07:20:10 pm »
Hello,

Reading the post from Neil about Paul & Cath being on benefit (another forum), it may not be such a good idea to give the gift as money. If the Benefits Agency find out that they have been given money, they can adjust their payments therefore making them no better off.

There is a way around this by giving the money as vouchers or buying items that Paul needs.

Nicky

neil 47

Re: *** Paul Chambers ****UPDATE
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2004, 12:37:17 pm »
sorry I havent kept everyone up to date with paul & cath but the computor wasn,t working.
It,s great to see how supportive you all have been.
I talked with paul last night and he isn,t fairing to well.
the local council have put him in a B&b in whitby which isn,t very nice they have told him that he will have to stay there for 33 days to make there minds up if he should be rehoused they have also told as he hasn,t got any work he has to stop claiming working tax credit(hardly his fault) this means he is going lose a substantial amount of money per month.
This is how this goverment looks after a man who served and fought  for his country.
Spending 18 months in the faklands both before and during the conflict.
Also before this happened paul had also suffered so very bad set backs but has never once complained but has kept on working and trying move on.I have told everyone this because paul is to proud a man to ever mention it.
once again thanks everyone for your support it has really helped paul and cath to know ther are so many people willing to help him .
Thanks
NEIL
IICRC

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2004, 02:55:53 pm »
Should have walked in and not spoke the language, never paid a penny in tax, had a dozen kids etc............would have a new house, car and full bank account by now :-X

Dennis

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2004, 03:16:49 pm »
Should have walked in and not spoke the language, never paid a penny in tax, had a dozen kids etc............would have a new house, car and full bank account by now :-X

You cynical old realist!  :o  ;D

davy

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2004, 04:39:19 pm »
Sorry to hear about Paul just read about it last night
so Iwas to late to donate but have done now.
I this cant make up for personal possesions but I hope it helps.

Best of luck Paul & Cath hope it all comes right in the end

Davy     Smart Floors

paulchambers

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2004, 10:20:57 am »
Cath and I have been over whelmed by all the support and thank you all.  I would like to send christmas cards to everyone so would it be possible to individuals to send me there addresses. ( I promise not to sell them to readers digest)

We are  currently living in a B & B in whitby where the heating is only on for an hour the owners a gay but luckily doesn't like me.

The council arent very helpful as they think we should of stayed in cornwall, but Cath needs to be near her family after this awlful experience.

In the process of getting leaflets going thinking of getting a 0800 number transfered to my mobile as i havent a phone line at present.

Thanks again must go .

Paul & cath

paul@ctcs

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2004, 04:36:46 pm »
Good to hear from you Paul,

Hope the little us chaps on the forum have rustled up helps get you back on your feet.

I'm sure the new year will bring a change of fortune :)

Paul

Big_Fish

« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2004, 07:44:02 pm »
We admire Paul's determination to try to pick himself up so quickly after such a short time.

Hope everything turns out well.

In our prayers,

Nicky

Dynafoam

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2004, 08:04:02 pm »
Paul,

With your attitude and determination ( plus the practise run in Cornwall), you will rise above this set-back.

I have copied you latest post to another forum for the benefit of those who do not subscribe to both site but have contributed.

Best wishes to you both.

stevegunn

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2004, 08:04:57 pm »
Don't waste your money on xmas cards for everyone just spend your money on getting yourself sorted i think everyone will be in agreement.

Dennis

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2004, 08:33:20 pm »
Don't waste your money on xmas cards for everyone just spend your money on getting yourself sorted i think everyone will be in agreement.

Yes, have a nice Christmas drink instead.  ;D

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2004, 09:01:41 pm »
I agree with the posts above Paul. Apart from me, they're all a load of miserable old codgers, unworthy of a personal Christmas Card. I'd suggest you do what I will do and use Clean-it-Up as a medium for sending Seasons Greetings. The cash saved on stamps will allow you an extra pint of Advocat ;)

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!