This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tatman

when is tds reading to high to clean?
« on: December 24, 2007, 05:45:16 pm »
im all set up now with wfp aint used it on any customers yet till until after xmas did my own today came up a treat. Only my tds reading is 001 just wondered what is acceptable before streaks start to show??  ???

East coast window cleaning Services

Re: when is tds reading to high to clean?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 05:47:21 pm »
thats a debate of all debates on here ive used 22 before now and never had any marks at all but ooo is better
P&R Window Cleaning

NWH

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 05:49:46 pm »
Have you run plenty of water through the DI can,when you first setup you will need to run the water through for 5-10mins to get the reading down to 000 with new resin.Saying that you say you`ve cleaned your window`s with it so if it`s new sounds a bit strange,is the meter calibrated and are you taking a reading from the water in a clean container,001 is absolutley fine but it`s weird if it`s a new system with new resin i reckon it`s only the meter,try another one.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 06:14:38 pm »
I've used tds of 034 ON MY OWN HOUSE but I would NEVER use anything more than 000 myself. With 34 they came up perefectly but this wouldnt always be the case so just stick to 000. My suppliers told me not to go above 005, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

tatman

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 06:25:41 pm »
nwh yea will try another meter was a bit miffed myself was the first time ive used my system (purefreedom 40inch ro van) i believe you run one of these? When you flush before you fill do you just start filling and turn your wastse on full for 5mins and do the same for 20mins or so once a week? Does that sound right?

tatman

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 06:38:34 pm »
 ???

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 06:44:43 pm »
nwh yea will try another meter was a bit miffed myself was the first time ive used my system (purefreedom 40inch ro van) i believe you run one of these? When you flush before you fill do you just start filling and turn your wastse on full for 5mins and do the same for 20mins or so once a week? Does that sound right?
I have a freedom 40 ro van aswell, I turn it till tds drops and levels off

you are not closing the waste right up are you ?
my number is 01234 870 225 if you want a chat, I am in all night

Ian

tatman

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 06:50:13 pm »
no mate made sure waste was coming out more than pure and just let it fill for about an hour then checked water in tank it read 001 but it might be meter. wasnt sure about flushing when i fill again do you fill and just open waste full for 5 mins and then 20mins once a week?

NWH

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 06:53:47 pm »
Running waste for 5mins before you fill is only done so that the product water goes into the tank at a lower reading,fill straight away and the reading will start say 70ppm and gradually work it`s way down,buy filling straight away will put more use on the pre filters and therefore won`t last as long.Buy doing a quick flush before each fill should get the product water starting at about 6-10 and after a few more mins should start to read 2-3 after RO,i wouldn`t worry to much just make sure of the 20min flush every week but after DI your always looking for 000 don`t get into the habbit of working with higher readings,start as you mean to go on.And my system is not a purefreedom it`s essentially pure 500ltr RO but i don`t use the RO anymore.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 06:55:34 pm »
Checked the water in the tank,if you have a DI after tank then the reading is very good.

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 07:24:41 pm »
no mate made sure waste was coming out more than pure and just let it fill for about an hour then checked water in tank it read 001 but it might be meter. wasnt sure about flushing when i fill again do you fill and just open waste full for 5 mins and then 20mins once a week?
depends if you want to mess about doing it every time you fill, I dont.

what are you testing water in ?

if you system is new readings will be high at first then go down. I get 17 tds after ro  :-[

NWH

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 07:26:25 pm »
Windowwashers if you live in a very hard water area you would be better off softening it first.

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 07:32:34 pm »
Windowwashers if you live in a very hard water area you would be better off softening it first.
thats for sure, I have the vessal, just need connection and another filter (I think  :-\)

470+ tds I guess it is quite hard  :(

Ian

tatman

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 07:41:35 pm »
i dont mind flushing every time i fill if it saves pre filters do i just start filling and open waste to full for 5 mins then?

NWH

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 07:43:52 pm »
Pre filters are only about £20 per pair anyway and are easily replaced,the RO is the heart of your system be it static or van mount that`s what you want to look after.

tatman

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 07:48:25 pm »
dont wanna sound thick mate but apart from stoping it freezing etc what other ways can you mantain the ro? its van mount

tatman

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 08:37:42 pm »
 ???

NWH

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 08:48:01 pm »
Flush flush and then flush again,the thing that helps maintain the RO is the quality of the input water.Think of your dish washer element they say use calgon tablets with every wash don`t they,basically all that is is salt.Some suppliers will recommend back washing with salt,and other suppliers will argue that over time buying the salt works out more expensive than replacing the RO and filters.

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 08:48:56 pm »
???
make sure you change your pre filters often(the 2 blue ones  attached to the side of your system) dont let it freeze, higher pressure is better for your RO, I picked most of this stuff up on here, as NWH and cherubs say, if in hard water a softner helps aswell so ro does not have to work as hard.

at the end of the day the money you will earn from wfp £200 ish for a new membrane if needed is a drop in the ocean really.

if you dont know ask thats not being thick thats being clever  ;)

Ian

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2007, 08:49:56 pm »
Flush flush and then flush again,the thing that helps maintain the RO is the quality of the input water.Think of your dish washer element they say use calgon tablets with every wash don`t they,basically all that is is salt.Some suppliers will recommend back washing with salt,and other suppliers will argue that over time buying the salt works out more expensive than replacing the RO and filters.
you can recharge the salt though can you not!