This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Mortgage question.
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2007, 08:39:55 pm »
I had to have a self cert even with high equity. I paid a £500 arrangement and a higher interest which after two years became the same as everyon else's.

Pingu those spreadsheets sound really good, respect.

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2007, 08:54:32 am »
I had to have a self cert even with high equity. I paid a £500 arrangement and a higher interest which after two years became the same as everyon else's.

I paid Near on £2000 for my mortgage I know that sounds really high but fixed lower than bank base rate at 4.75%, and it went up a few times since then so I am quids in over the terms I have.

I went to banks, and estate agents after my FA said the deal to me, and banks and EA's all said take it as it could not be beaten.

Neil271052

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2007, 09:21:20 am »

I paid Near on £2000 for my mortgage I know that sounds really high but fixed lower than bank base rate at 4.75%, and it went up a few times since then so I am quids in over the terms I have.

I went to banks, and estate agents after my FA said the deal to me, and banks and EA's all said take it as it could not be beaten.

That's interesting.

Over what time period is your fixed rate?

Who is your lender?
Cheers,
Neil

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2007, 09:30:34 am »

That's interesting.

Over what time period is your fixed rate?

Who is your lender?
I am sure it is three years, and is with northernrock

Tim Rose

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2007, 07:25:46 pm »
The bubble's going to burst int he next two-3 years.

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2007, 08:10:49 pm »
The bubble's going to burst int he next two-3 years.
thats what they said 5 years ago

nat

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2007, 08:14:06 pm »
it amazes me how many property experts there are out there ;)

how do you know the bubble will burst in 3 years?  ::)

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2007, 08:31:23 pm »
it amazes me how many property experts there are out there ;)

how do you know the bubble will burst in 3 years?  ::)
Im not a property expert, I have turned around a few, and I also follow the market close, every year the same thing happens  ::) it is 3 weeks before christmas so lets say market is dead prices drop 1 % in jan they rise again, this is the trend for the last few years, I was talking to my estate agent about this the other day and he asked would I drop my price, and my relpy was no I would put it up to cover the 1 % in crease in a few weeks time a desperate seller is easy to knock down on price same with alot of business.
I did this on the last property I sold and that sold second week of jan this year. Hopefully same again this year but still not finished yet so time will tell.

nat

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2007, 08:33:32 pm »
not you Ian!!!

the guy before you!!!!!!!

i was simply implying that i've heard so many people say its going to crash with no real evidence.

your a touchy git sometimes ;)

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2007, 08:36:35 pm »
not you Ian!!!

the guy before you!!!!!!!

i was simply implying that i've heard so many people say its going to crash with no real evidence.

your a touchy git sometimes ;)
lol  lol lol I know who you was talking about me Nat, it does make me laugh when people say it is going to crash as you say with no evidence only what they hear.

I just wanted to add that before someone else came on this post then had a pop at me as many like to do this, I thought I would get in first to stop it  :P

Ian

mark dew

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2007, 01:21:39 am »
i hope it does crash. It is the biggest injustice in society today imo that most people who work full time cannot afford to buy any house. It is only possible if you pair up with someone or inherit money.
The average wage is suposed to be around 25k i think? The majority of people working around here in factories are lucky to get 15k a year. That's a mortgage of 60k tops. A studio flat will cost 80k+ and a terrace 100k+.
crash. crash.crash.

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2007, 03:37:46 am »
i hope it does crash. It is the biggest injustice in society today imo that most people who work full time cannot afford to buy any house. It is only possible if you pair up with someone or inherit money.
The average wage is suposed to be around 25k i think? The majority of people working around here in factories are lucky to get 15k a year. That's a mortgage of 60k tops. A studio flat will cost 80k+ and a terrace 100k+.
crash. crash.crash.

either way I dont mind, I am in it for my kids future, it will always go up and down but over time it will always go up  ;)

nat

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2007, 03:47:25 am »
crash. crash.crash.

the kiss your domestic customers

good bye, bye, bye.

Londoner

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2007, 08:23:49 am »
crash. crash.crash.

Houses in France start at £20 -25K and you can buy a place in Poland for under £3K. There was a thing in the paper this week saying that 93% of would be first time buyers don't earn enough to buy any property in their area.

We are destined at this rate to end up as a nation of migrant workers, living abroad and Easyjetting in to work.

Davew

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2007, 08:45:16 am »
I'm old enough to have been through fifteen and a quarter percent interest rate (my first house) then see it happen again. I've also been through negative equity where people had massive mortgages higher than the value of their home and many were forced to hand the keys in. The market is far from predictable. the first people to deny a crash are the estate agents for obvious reasons. Strange then that a local one has just closed. Several starter homes are popping up for sale in my area - second homes where amature landlords are bailing out. Things don't look good in property in my opinion.

Neil271052

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2007, 09:51:53 am »
I'm old enough to have been through fifteen and a quarter percent interest rate (my first house) then see it happen again. I've also been through negative equity where people had massive mortgages higher than the value of their home and many were forced to hand the keys in. The market is far from predictable. the first people to deny a crash are the estate agents for obvious reasons. Strange then that a local one has just closed. Several starter homes are popping up for sale in my area - second homes where amature landlords are bailing out. Things don't look good in property in my opinion.

I have to mostly agree with Dave here who obviously has a long experience of property owning history.

Investing is my hobby and I take a close look at markets.

A lot of would be speculators  ::)  have been burnt with this buy to let rubbish, paying the top price from developers for two bed flats, unable to get the rent required and having them repossessed. The glut of available properties obviously reduces the value.

The rate of rise in property prices compared to wages is unsustainable IMO. If this was a stock people would be selling now.

crash. crash.crash.

Around where I live those places would be snapped up.

I live in the most expensive area of the country. My son has just bought a small two bed terrace for £250,000 which is the going price around here.

It is inquitous and although current prices make my house worth a fortune I would much rather see prices drop to a price available to all.
Cheers,
Neil

Davew

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2007, 10:48:42 am »
Quarter of a million? Strewth! When i was working in a factory last year my earnings were constantly being cut year after year. One apprentice took on £180,000 over forty years which i thought was frightening. The banks and Government don't seem to have a grasp on whats going on.?
 I don't know much about money or politics but i do know about common sense - something that seems sadly lacking from the people that run the country and dictate the economy.
Who gains from all this? The banks WANT you in debt - thats how they make their money the more they can lend the better and the more people who can't make their credit card payments on time - brilliant! Then there's the government creaming off all that capital gains tax on property and of course all that lovely inheritance tax - double whammy or what? Who suffers - us the consumer/tax payer and the small trades providing luxury services like window cleaning :-\
Then there is immigration - don't start me on that - friggin politicians my *rse!

mark dew

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2007, 12:05:31 pm »
crash. crash.crash.

good bye, bye, bye.

i'm alright jack. All my customers are rural and mostly mortgage free.

cvdewsbury

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2007, 12:19:48 pm »
longer term mortgages ie between 50 and a 100 years is the answer to affordable repayments some people in the future will never own there house just pass it on to there children as an investment..

example a pal of mine has just taken on a 35 yr old mortgage after a split from the Mrs. thing is now he is 41 yrs old....this was is only option of getting back onto the property ladder

nat

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2007, 01:25:34 pm »
crash. crash.crash.

good bye, bye, bye.

i'm alright jack. All my customers are rural and mostly mortgage free.
so you know your customers that well you know that there all mortagage free? of course!!  ::)

I to have a lot of wealthier rural customers but don't let that decieve you. just cause they live out in the sticks doesn't mean they are all that wealthy. i'm sure they have mortgages the same aqs any other customer!!