Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Not Xmas time but on average what do you like to gross pre vat or no vat?

£150 or less
15.7%
22 (15.7%)
£150-200
17.1%
24 (17.1%)
£200-250
22.1%
31 (22.1%)
£250-300
12.1%
17 (12.1%)
£300-350
13.6%
19 (13.6%)
£350-400
2.9%
4 (2.9%)
£400-450
2.9%
4 (2.9%)
£450-500
2.9%
4 (2.9%)
£500+
10.7%
15 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Dennis

Re: How much are you happy taking per day?
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 05:47:35 pm »
I start the day by visiting Cafe Neros for a 3 shot Latte and either 2 almond croissants or 2 pan-a- raisins.

Christ, they“ve gone posh in East Yorkshire these days!  ;D ;)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 05:52:40 pm »
I really get a no foam, 3 shot, skinny, vanilla, soya, mocha-chino but If I'd said that i would have sounded a bit girly :-* :-*
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dennis

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 06:21:58 pm »
I really get a no foam, 3 shot, skinny, vanilla, soya, mocha-chino but If I'd said that i would have sounded a bit girly :-* :-*

Doesn“t mean a thing to me, I“m still a mug of tea and a bacon roll off the market sort of person!  :D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 09:08:46 pm »
I set myself a target of £450 which I achieve at Xmas I set the goal posts higher but there are days when i don't reach it so looking at an average £450ish sounds about right don't you think?

Ian where abouts in Sheffield were you going? are the 'children' going to University?

Shaun

Glynn

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 10:23:59 pm »
Shaun
Why didn't you post this on truckmounters ?
Regards
Glynn

Scotbrite

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 09:08:32 am »
Hi Guys,
Mike u sound like u have really got it sussed lol. Thats what i call being ur own boss.
Merry Christmas to all here,
Regards,
Ron

liahona

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 08:12:16 pm »
What we take and what we are happy taking are two different things but that has already been mentioned.  I pressume as maybe most that this topic is related to what we are taking.  I feel by choice most people would want to be taking higher amounts, anyway........

Rob, I only go back about a year and a half on here and have noticed what you have said about some prices doubled or trebled is quite correct.  My pennies worth on that, especially knowing some of those, even if just on here, is that they have changed the way they are cleaning which in return commands a higher return.  If people start by cleaning the way they should then there is no reason they cant start charging higher prices.

Many on here have gone from a measly sum to a more acceptable return for a days work simply but what they are doing now as opposed to then.

I appreciate different people need different amounts per day with regards their own expenses but that shouldnt be the idea behind how we price things.  We need to keep them in mind of course but as all my "stuff" is paid for doesnt mean I should be happy taking a less amount for what I do than someone else who has to pay for a van, truckmount or anything else.

A year ago I dont think there would have been so many in the 500 a day list so it is a good thing that the industry is getting on so to speak.

All we need to do now is get those in the 150 a day out of there and into the 3 or 400's.

Best, Dave.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2007, 08:48:00 pm »
What we take and what we are happy taking are two different things but that has already been mentioned.  I pressume as maybe most that this topic is related to what we are taking.  I feel by choice most people would want to be taking higher amounts, anyway........

Rob, I only go back about a year and a half on here and have noticed what you have said about some prices doubled or trebled is quite correct.  My pennies worth on that, especially knowing some of those, even if just on here, is that they have changed the way they are cleaning which in return commands a higher return.  If people start by cleaning the way they should then there is no reason they cant start charging higher prices.

Many on here have gone from a measly sum to a more acceptable return for a days work simply but what they are doing now as opposed to then.

I appreciate different people need different amounts per day with regards their own expenses but that shouldnt be the idea behind how we price things.  We need to keep them in mind of course but as all my "stuff" is paid for doesnt mean I should be happy taking a less amount for what I do than someone else who has to pay for a van, truckmount or anything else.

A year ago I dont think there would have been so many in the 500 a day list so it is a good thing that the industry is getting on so to speak.

All we need to do now is get those in the 150 a day out of there and into the 3 or 400's.

Best, Dave.

one of the best post ive seen on here

ive gone from about 90ish aday too about 170ish in eight months ok it may not be as good as some people but we are getting there ,  thats three jobs aday havnt quite got to doing five aday with the truckmount but its the next step from march the 1ST new van new area and new prices to go with it guess we have been mulling alone for too long far to long

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2007, 08:59:37 pm »
Glynn I thought I'd see what the full spectrum of cleaners was doing not just the TMers, I'm sure you'll agree I do post polls on their very regularly and didn't want to become too prodictive.

Shaun

carpetworx

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2007, 10:50:08 pm »
Just started in October and avereging 300.00 a day.But next month booked at $500.00 a day doing Primary schools.Wishing I'd got a TM now.

Merry Christmas evryone. :)

carpet guy

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2007, 11:52:47 pm »
Carpetworx

Is the schoolwork carpeted or hard flooring as the carpeted areas in U K schools is reducingeach year and cleaning carpets is not on the regular agenda.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2007, 05:20:56 am »
I set myself a target of £450 which I achieve at Xmas I set the goal posts higher but there are days when i don't reach it so looking at an average £450ish sounds about right don't you think?

Ian where abouts in Sheffield were you going? are the 'children' going to University?

Shaun

Hi Shaun.

Helens got a job at Rotherham College as Animal Tech/ Trainer

Thought she would live in your city as there is more life than Rotherham.
But noticed Mr Bluckett says No decent Resturants 

There was also a competion for Sheffields most Handsome man did you win.

It must be the South side before you get to  city centre.

Matts at Bradford finnishing his Phd but also doing odd jobs to pay rent etc as Funding has run out.

Thought this country wanted Scientists.

Then I will have a Doctor  on my board.

Might send him back with Machine I am told you can get £6 metre in Bradford

He would only need to work for two hours/

Mike Halliday

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2007, 10:05:23 am »
while working as an employee has anyone done any health & safety at work seminars or has anyone worked as a health & safety officer? if you had you would know why the above poll is a load of B/S.

as an example if you look at a graph of accidents at work  a true representation of accidents that occor from minor to serious(death being the most serious) it will look like a pyramid,  the biggest at the bottom will be minor accident and slowly as you move up the number will decrease so comeimg to a point where you will find deaths, which will obviously be the least number.

this pyramid phenomena is evident throughout life and its amazing how it will constantly crop up.

now look at the poll on earnings it should be a pyramid with the majority being at the bottom and as the daily earnings raises the number should steadily decrease until you reach the high earners who will be the smallest number. but we have11 people saying the earn £500 but just below it only 1 ` says he earns £450 and only 3 say between £350 .

sorry but this can't be right. it doesnt work out.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2007, 10:23:52 am »
This market research is flawed in the question

Happy Taking  does not mean you take it

If You take £200 a day you are misserable if you take £500 you are happy

Would Like to take

Well I  would like to take 20K a week from all activities

I do not but would like to acheive this.

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2007, 10:35:06 am »
Mike

You are talking about the bell curve theory and you are right.

However it would apply to the full spectrum of all CC. I think here you are getting self selection, with the better earners pitching in, less so those who are not doing so well. And of course there is an element of ego boosting BS too.

Joe H

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2007, 10:44:03 am »
Assuming the overheads for a truck mount are higher then a portable and therefore what they need to take is going to be higher, then it may have been more accurate to have 2 polls.
But the poll as it stands has stimulated constructive discussion - objective achieved!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2007, 10:59:12 am »
Mike I was hoping it would'nt have a name then we could call it the 'Halliday' theory :D

but its still a bit strange that only 1 person admits to earning £450 and 11 @  £500

Mike

Doug Holloway

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2007, 11:24:50 am »
Hi Mike

Your Pyramid theory is distorted by there being an upper limit but if you add the first two together you have a rough pyramid until the upper 'aspirational' limit.

The poll can be interpreted in many ways,  but we have all done 500 plus and maybe for some that is all that makes them happy.

I averaged out what i would consider a good 5 day week amount but would obviously be happy taking 3000 but not if I had to work my proverbials off.

Cheers

Doug

*paul_moss

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2007, 02:15:27 pm »
Doug, I thought you lost your proverbials years ago  :D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2007, 05:49:14 pm »
Ian you may find that rents are cheaper in Rotherham but the 'going out scene' is far better in Sheffield as it has a greater student culture as we have 2 Universities so back to work for you soon then?

As for the best looking man I had to give the title up after winning it too many times ::)

Shaun