Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ian richards

Payment within 7 days
« on: November 20, 2004, 10:18:31 am »
Hi

I cleaned a carpet in a house on tuesday, it was job where i cleaned the house of the rented property where they were previously, i did that about 10 days ago.
Then as i say cleaned the new house on tuesday.
As the customer was out when i finished i left the invoice on the table, but as yet, have recieved no payment.
Do i write a letter endorcing that the fact that payment is on completion unless agreed otherwise, or ring her on monday which will then be 7 days since i completed the work?

Ian

Ps. I did speak to her afterwoods, she was very pleased with the work and said that she would post the cheque the following day.

Ian Gourlay

Re: Payment within 7 days
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 10:22:11 am »
When people move they have a lot to cope with.  I personally would give her to Thursday but you would have already assesed if Client is likely to pay or not.

woodman

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 10:43:32 am »
Just ring her and say the cheque did not arrive.

This will either jog her memory to pay in which case she will be all apologetic and  will arrange payment double quick or it was sent and lost in which case she needs to know to cancel it and send another.

Either way she will appreciate the call ;)

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 07:22:58 pm »
Ian

Did you get paid for the previous job?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

ian richards

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 07:35:29 pm »
Hi Len

No i didnt we agreed to keep it to one invoice.

Ian

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 07:54:59 pm »
Ian

Very trusting of you, tenant moving out (sorry to say bit naive how did you know where they were moving too) as you have cleaned the new abow what’s wrong in going round tomorrow nice and early! ;D ;D

I think this is a lesson for all domestic paid on completion if you know they are moving cash giving a receipt.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John_Flynn

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 08:43:50 pm »
Give her a ring and tell her what time you will be calling to pick up your payment.
I get better looking each day!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 09:01:08 pm »
John

They will make all excuses under the sun, sorry I won’t be in, Sundays is the best time to knock on non payers around 0800 don’t take a cheque take them to the cash machine dressed nor not and don’t forget to put a surcharge on! ;D

Len

John_Flynn

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 06:36:29 am »
Aye Up Len

Me an thee should start a C/C Debt Collection Service!!
I get better looking each day!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 07:44:18 am »
Not a bad idea ;D

Len

ian richards

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 02:09:50 pm »
Hi Len

The second property i cleaned was the house that they have moved in to,
hence the reason for the none payment on the first.

Cheers

Ian

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2004, 05:29:59 pm »
Ian

I work slightly different to you as I also deal with quite a few tenants who are moving out; this also applies to people who have sold or going on secondment and renting out there property.

Payment is always on completion of that job! Cheques not a problem but if over £50 one than one is needed (most cards today don’t seem to be guarantee cards but cash/debit cards got me thinking is the number on the card valid for a cheque) yes I’m sad but never been knocked!

I hope you get paid soon, it’s called cash flow

Len

Dave Parry

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2004, 11:11:46 pm »
If tenant is moving out I always ask for cash. with others cheques ok but always make sure YOU write the card number on the back, if the bank want to be awkward, and the customer writes it  they wont honour it. Also put on both the start date and the expiry date and the last 3 digits of the security code on the back. Soundslike a lot but different banks have different rules. best to play safe. 
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

ian richards

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2004, 11:31:41 pm »
Latest update guy's.
I phoned her this afternoon, and she said that she thought her husband had posted it (Yeah right!!!) but assured me that it would be posted in the morning.

Anyone remember the worlds two greatest lies?

1. The cheque's in the post!!
2. I promise not to c.. .. .... .....

We'll See!

Ian

PJUK

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 02:37:07 am »
I bet u get the cheque, people are very trustworthy and wouldnt dream of not payin, just been a breakdown in communications thats all, allow a few days for the postman and dont forget it could get lost in the post!! So she will have to send another...but u will get it..! (im a optomist) Seriously thou as long as you keep a dignified attiude and are polite you will get it...they want you to get stroppy with them, so they wont pay up, because u were rude.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 07:55:19 am »
I often clean Houses with nobody there mind you its the House they are moving to.

Cheque always arrives spmtimes takes longer than I would like.

Do you never obtain services and then take a few weeeksw to pay.

Garage, Plummer, boiler man  all awaiting payment due to slow billing system

ian richards

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2004, 11:38:10 am »

OK guy's enough already!!!

I'll give her a break then!!

I'll let you all know what happens.

Love from

Mr Suspicous

The Porky Para

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2004, 03:20:28 pm »
If you did not want to be to direct you could always phone up and ask if you have left some thing behind,and then mention the cheque in passing. 8)
WHO DARES WINS (most of the time)

ian richards

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2004, 09:50:02 am »
Hi Guys

Just an update!

Two telephone calls.

Still no payment.

Are my suspicions being realised?

Ian

Ps

I am now having the same problems with a pub in Rugby, and the owe me £600

Fox

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 11:03:36 am »
Ian

Can you tell me which pub that is?  I know a few in that area might be able to help - pm me if you prefer.