This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

Re: Webasto Water Heaters
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2007, 09:30:28 pm »
Red diesel okay, except you need a lovely 1000l tank where your missus would ideally like some garden. The tax burden is buying it at the pump.

The pressure valve you mention is probably the solution. Don't suppose you know where I can get one? what one looks like?
If the heater carries on with no flow nothing could withstand the pressure.

The system I use could be fitted working perfectly to your vehicle in fifteen minutes and completely bypassed in 15 seconds. You yourself did a post explaining the economics but I don't think you believe that it works. That's okay, i'm trying to filch ideas from others, not recruit people. Horse to water and all that.

I can buy red diesel at the pump a few miles from me,... I'd just fill a 25 ltr drum and keep it in the shed. Any home heating oil distributor would sell it,.. or just ask the guys at a local building site of farm where they get theirs.

I'll do a search for a pressure valve,.. but I'm sure any local plumbing supplier would be able to supply one. If you have a 100 psi pump, get a 150 psi valve.

Nathanael Jones

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2007, 06:39:38 pm »
i thought whether one of these could be used? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180191023921&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

That'd be perfect for the job jonrob!

Great, i thought it would - i was thinking of getting one for use in my van (when i get one) and the guy said it should be fine working for hours at a time, and doesnt take long to initially heat the water then it just runs on tick over very economic..

Il have a look out for another one as i didnt buy this one, but it seems it will do the job - youd have to run a pipe out for the exhaust. Do you know if it will run with a gravity fed tank for the red diesel? or does it need a pump to run them?
also it allready has an inbuilt pump - i think i would use the shurflo 100psi aswell though to feed the water to the unit, then into the hose.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2007, 09:08:57 pm »
The diesel is pumped into the unit, gravity feed wouldn't provide enough pressure at the injector nozzle. It depends on the model, but switching over to the 100psi surflow pump shouldn't be hard to do.