This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cloverclean

NON COSTIC Oven Cleaner
« on: November 14, 2004, 04:00:12 pm »
I am lookin  for non costic oven cleaner , and also does  anybody know where i can get a container to fit the grills in to clean.

Many Thanks

a55essor

Re: NON COSTIC Oven Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 08:23:27 pm »
 You can buy oven pride that is a oven cleaning kit,( it is costic) it contains a solution,gloves, bags that you put the racks in. You set the process off, then leave it over night, then wipe over in the morn.
kev

cloverclean

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 09:42:28 pm »
Many Thanks but looking for it to work within an hour on house cleans.

The Great One

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 05:55:18 pm »
You can use TO4 which is an oven cleaner but elbow grease is also required.

The best way and even chefs use this way is to put the into a large tupperware container, add cold water and then pour in caustic soda, will strip them

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!

Regards

Martin 8)

cloverclean

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 08:46:09 pm »
Many Thanks

Done 'n' Dusted

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 09:35:59 am »
this is probably no good for you but it works, and damn well, particularly for ovens in houses rather than commerical, and only on the shelves, but hey it saves time and effort...

fill bath with boiling hot water and about half a box of biological washing powder.............put shelves and trays (anything removable and not self cleaning) in the bath of solution ensuring the water covers all......leave overnight....next day, nearly all baked on hard to remove stuff just falls off........and the rest is easy to rub off with scourer!!

Did my own oven a few months ago and shelves were like new..........it was a miracle.

Had to do mine a couple of times as (ashamedly) I had only done them a few times in the 4 years I have had the oven. ::)

It ain't clean till it's Done 'n' Dusted!

Doug Holloway

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 06:18:52 pm »
Hi ,

That miracle was called enzymes which break the protein bonds.

Cheers,

Doug

CleanMe

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 06:13:30 pm »
The best oven cleaner I have found (and all my staff love it) is called Kleen Off super strength made by Jeyes.  We do 1 hour domestic cleans and this seems to do the job really well.  For £1.39 a can its worth a try and one can usually covers 4 filthy ovens.  You still need elbow grease and gloves but as I say its the best I have found.

Fiona