This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: WHERE CAN I GET THESE CHEAPLY?
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 02:41:24 pm »
Yes, I want 100m. Possibly you could do a reel with some side insulation?

You'd better give the product a name, gardiners hot hose?
Gardiners wfp hot system hose?

For safety I might still keep my heater hose 212c 9bar rated from demand boiler to reel.

Do you know anything about it's insulation properties. Hose reel to pole is the biggest heat drain in any system?

I will email you a couple of pics so you know the market, potential and application a bit better.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 05:57:07 pm »

Hi Wayne & Mr Solubility

We think we have a solution for you.  The smallest we can get it manufactured in is 10mm id.  It is triple layer with 'exotic' heat-retaining double inner layer.  We are working on a price for this.  It would be guaranteed to cope with a constant 80 degree water temperature.  Does this sound interesting to you Guys?

Hello Alex (Gardiner Pole Systems):

Thank-you for asking your supplier of minibore hose with regards the 'heat retaining 10mm hose. 
10mm tripple layer exotic heat retaining hose would suit me perfectly. Put me in for 200metres of the stuff and email me: EasyCleanDevon@aol.com when you have a price for it. Thank-you for going out of your way and enquiring about the hose. I'm impressed :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 07:08:17 pm »
I will let you know as soon as we have a price for this product.
Unfortunately they could not make it down as small as 8mm ID.

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007, 07:47:55 pm »
I think it's best you're kept busy Alex, I don't like to see people loafing about.8mm id might be one for the future if you wave enought money at him. As it is you've got a sought after product with first to market advantage. (as a mainstream supplier)

The next thing you might look at is the heat loss from pole tails.Assuming what you are suggesting takes care of the hose on the reel the next major heat loss is the pole hose tail.(the taps get hot too and must give off heat).

So a hose tail that retains heat please.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007, 07:55:17 pm »
After he's finished sealing the floorboards in the lounge, put the bins out, painted the front fascia, painted the garage door, fixed the cat flap and put the kids to bed.

Mrs A

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 07:55:31 pm »
I think it's best you're kept busy Alex, I don't like to see people loafing about.8mm id might be one for the future if you wave enought money at him. As it is you've got a sought after product with first to market advantage. (as a mainstream supplier)

The next thing you might look at is the heat loss from pole tails.Assuming what you are suggesting takes care of the hose on the reel the next major heat loss is the pole hose tail.(the taps get hot too and must give off heat).

So a hose tail that retains heat please.

Can you actually afford to run a hot water system if you're worried about the tiniest proportion of heat escaping from stupid places like a hosetail.
You should be making more dosh from working quicker anyway.
Worry about the main heat loss i.e. the tank (insulate it), the hoses (insulate them) and Gardiners will be a great help with the 10mm internal 'exotic' hose.
Women say: "worry about the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves".
My motto is: " concentrate on the pounds and stop fluffing around with the pennies". :)

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007, 08:04:18 pm »
Mr's A's on my side. Always flog a willing horse ;)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2007, 08:13:35 pm »
Mr's A's on my side. Always flog a willing horse ;)
You certainly push your luck, I'll give you that :)
I don't know why you bought that other hose that is black and is so heat resilient. A bit overkill I think. Was it very expensive?
Normal food grade red or blue hose is guaranteed up to 80 degrees and very rigid, that would suffice.
If you need it to go higher I could have recommended radiator hose from Halfords which you buy on a reel which they stock in most of their stores but don't display on their shelves. That is guaranteed up to over 100 degrees. I use that stuff on my calorifier tank and have taken it over 160 degrees with no problems so far for recyling indirectly from radiator via calorifier into my tank.

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2007, 09:03:02 pm »
My other hose exploded. I mentioned it before. I am not near the van when the heater is working but even the possibility that someone could be scalded must be avoided. I do try and make things idiot proof because i am a bit of a dreamer myself.

On the hot out I have also changed the connection from hoselock, to a brass thing that you push and twist. I can't change it on the other end because the reel turns, maybe I should put one of those John guest ones on. I would also like a tilt facility for when the van is unevenly parked.(flames go up).

I look forward to hearing about your new system, although hot has been out for some time we are still early adopters. Tomorrow I am rebranding my business. I will put a picture up for a short while when I know you are on. I don't think you will agree with it (i'm pretty sure you'll think it's daft) but I have given the matter some consideration.

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007, 09:20:29 pm »
My other hose exploded. I mentioned it before. I am not near the van when the heater is working but even the possibility that someone could be scalded must be avoided. I do try and make things idiot proof because i am a bit of a dreamer myself.

On the hot out I have also changed the connection from hoselock, to a brass thing that you push and twist. I can't change it on the other end because the reel turns, maybe I should put one of those John guest ones on. I would also like a tilt facility for when the van is unevenly parked.(flames go up).

I look forward to hearing about your new system, although hot has been out for some time we are still early adopters. Tomorrow I am rebranding my business. I will put a picture up for a short while when I know you are on. I don't think you will agree with it (i'm pretty sure you'll think it's daft) but I have given the matter some consideration.
MY HOSE REEL TURNS AND i HAVE BRASS ONE ON THERE,