Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*paul_moss

CRB check
« on: November 13, 2007, 06:24:42 pm »
Im going for a meeting Thursday for a big contract. They want to use me and have asked for lots of info and qualifications that you dont normally get asked for, I have everything except a CRB as ive have never been asked for one before. I have a basic understanding of what it is, but does any body else have any knowledge of how to get it ? do I apply ? do they apply? what are the costs and times?etc.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Joe H

Re: CRB check
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 06:30:04 pm »
I was in a care home the other day Paul and I heared the manageress say to an applicant  that she, the applicant, would have to pay the £40. So there is a charge.
As for the forms etc - dont know where you get them from sorry.

Daveyboy

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:45:32 pm »
Criminal Records Bureau
https://www.disclosures.co.uk/

Hope you have been a good boy!

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 06:50:00 pm »
Joe, thx, I have a couple of homes that I clean for but never been asked by them in the past even local county council that I have done work for the past 2 years have never asked.

Davey  ;D, no probs there I hope, as long as they dont take into account the 12 years I did for murder  :o :D.

I did not think people in our line of work needed this. Learn something new every day.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

francis

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 06:55:22 pm »
Paul
Check out www.CRBcheck.info.  Should tell you what you need.

I think the 12 for murder would probably be overlooked. But if you have had a speeding ticket, that could be an issue

lands

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 06:59:07 pm »
The Nationality may too be an issue Paul ;D

*paul_moss

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 06:59:15 pm »
Fran your prob not far from the truth these days.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

*paul_moss

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 07:02:33 pm »
Pete I no longer wear the head scarf  :)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

carpet guy

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 07:29:17 pm »
The disclosure comes to the home of the employee and it's the responsibility of the employer to determine whether any " history " is of concern to them.

You only have to declare that all employees, memmbers of staff have a current disclosure document, there are two grades, basic and enhanced.

Anyone looking for local authority work would be wise to get one for themselves and any employee liable to be calling on care homes etc, it will become a requirement soon, anyway and many of the house cleaning companies already expect staff to have a current disclosure.

New one required for every new employer.

Big brother has arrived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 07:36:18 pm »
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

mike b

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 09:24:10 pm »
Ino this is going away from subject but does anyone no weather u can get into new york with a record ( and no it wozent murder but a fight ) ive been tol they can turn u back when u exit plane????

Regards
Mike 

*paul_moss

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 09:44:56 pm »
Mike I think that is if your planning to live there not just visiting on hols
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Ian Rochester

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 10:18:17 pm »
We're in the process of getting all our staff checked for NHS, vunerable adults and child care contracts.

nick p

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 10:47:43 pm »
when going to the us if you dont tell them about a record they can send you straight back home you have to let them no before you go

murky

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 11:06:03 pm »
Even if you have had a caution you can't go to the States.

I understand that Lord Levy, Tony Blairs 'Lord Cash Point' can't go there now as he has a 'record' of sorts, because he was cautioned but not arrested.

Shame eh!

Guarantee he will find a way round it.

I know, he will have to fly straight to the Bahamas now and not go to Florida.

Go on Vanguard any odds for that one.

Murky

Art

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 08:25:17 am »
Paul, get in touch with your local cop shop. There used to be a form that they could give you, it's a basic police check and at one time costed £10.

Arthur

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 01:11:03 pm »
www.disclosurescotland.co.uk .......................same thing but half price ( must be scottish thing  ::) )

carpet guy

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 06:25:42 pm »
We require all staff to have an Enhanced disclosure BEFORE they start .   It can be a real pain and the reality is, it's far from fool proof.

You could have employees with clear disclosure, who have a clean record simply due to the fact that THE WERE NEVER CAUGHT doing anything.

Makes the whole process worthless.

We are also monitored by THE CARE COMMISSION and I've no doubt this industry will soon become liable for registration.

Apart from the incredible amount of paperwork involved, the most annoying thing, is, we have to pay the care comission £2000 a year to tell us how to run our business.