Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Free website
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 10:50:20 pm »
Cool, thats interesting, thanks!
one more tip, get it wrong and you can do the opposite effect and even get banned from search engines  ;)

nat

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 10:51:26 pm »
do not repeat words over and over, get as any variations to your business relevance as possible

a lot of people used to use invisible keywords, by that i mean have reems and reems of keywords, links etc etc on the web pages but make it the same colour as the background so you couldn't see it but search engines would pick them up, nowadays robots pick up on this and will throw you off the search pages

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 10:53:58 pm »
do not repeat words over and over, get as any variations to your business relevance as possible!
these also have to be in the right places for them to work  ;)

nat

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 10:55:27 pm »
as long as there in your, meta tags, description, title, keywords they will be found

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 10:58:20 pm »
as long as there in your, meta tags, description, title, keywords they will be found
you will also find that keywords do not have as much weight as they used to, get the keywords wrong and they do give you a worse placing, the trick on a search engine is not just get to the top, it is staying there  ::)

Thats enough tips from me for today.

nat

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 11:00:19 pm »
you will also find that keywords do not have as much weight as they used to, get the keywords wrong and they do give you a worse placing, the trick on a search engine is not just get to the top, it is staying there  ::)

it must be a trick i'm good at then WW cause i've never had a problem staying there by following this guide

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 11:07:29 pm »

it must be a trick i'm good at then WW cause i've never had a problem staying there by following this guide
good one you Nat  ;), what is your website address by the way.

Ian

nat

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 11:08:24 pm »
i don't have one yet  ;) ;D

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 11:11:49 pm »

I am now well confused if you dont have a website, how can you get to the top of the search engines and stay there  ???

nat

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 11:15:54 pm »
i never said MY site i just said i never had trouble staying there, its sites i've done for other people

niceandclean

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 11:44:33 pm »
Thanks for the tips guys!  :)

nat

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 11:52:25 pm »
no probs, have you got a site niceandclean?

niceandclean

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 05:34:28 pm »
no probs, have you got a site niceandclean?

No not at the moment, having one designed as we speak. Just wanted to know some questions to ask. Thanks.

LWC

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 08:00:13 pm »
hi nat, thanks for your advice. yeh i do see my traffic. and i thinks its good! this month so far, so just november ive had 500 views, 120 unique ones

and my keywords are workings, im being found from ladderless window cleaning. and if you type in laddeless window cleaner oswestry...or shropshire. mine comes up

brightnclean

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 10:44:51 pm »
I think it's a beta and wont be free for long.

Here is a quote from the website for getting this so called free website.

We also require a credit card to facilitate payment of services during the beta (for example, the purchase of additional domain names) as well as at the conclusion of the beta period, when customers will be asked if they would like to continue using our services on a paid, monthly subscription basis. With your explicit permission, we can establish monthly billing using your credit card information. You will be able to continue using our services without interruption and without having to submit additional account information.

The site addy is http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/officelive/FX101955581033.aspx#1

So they have ur card details.. you have selected your domain name and spent the time developing your site. It's a no-brainer why they are doing it for free for a lil while  :o

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2007, 12:40:13 am »

We also require a credit card to facilitate payment of services during the beta (for example, the purchase of additional domain names) as well as at the conclusion of the beta period, when customers will be asked if they would like to continue using our services on a paid, monthly subscription basis. With your explicit permission, we can establish monthly billing using your credit card information. You will be able to continue using our services without interruption and without having to submit additional account information.

The site addy is http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/officelive/FX101955581033.aspx#1

So they have ur card details.. you have selected your domain name and spent the time developing your site. It's a no-brainer why they are doing it for free for a lil while  :o
cant wait to see there charges, I new there would be a twist to it, hope the people that registered there name free dont get stitched up to much, (i did 10 years ago with a so called free name and had to pay £80 then a hosts fees on top  just to get back where I started., nearly forgot I bet they dont let you transfer your website either   ::)) For new people that come on here and read try me I am open and upfront about my charges.

mark dew

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2007, 01:17:14 am »

All you need to do is 'lose' your credit card and get a replacement. There won't be charges sprung on you then.
Still, as said, nothing in life is free.

LWC

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2007, 07:43:56 am »
ive had mine for a year. no charges.

it clearly states that IF they are gonna start charging you, they will let you know and you can decide what you want to do about it

im very happy with what ive had, easy to use. i dont know why al of you arebad mouthing it, you havent even tried it. as i said they will tell you if they are gonna charge.