Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

** BETTER LUCK THIS TIME **
« on: November 05, 2007, 04:32:37 pm »
Hopefully i may have better luck with this question than the last....

As i am only going to be doing residential carpet cleaning and not commercial would a sebo duo be good enough for non wettable carpet cleaning minimal soilage no heavy soil or will i still need something like a fibredri/drymatic even for small residential areas?

your answers are much appreciated

steve

lands

Re: ** BETTER LUCK THIS TIME **
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 04:51:00 pm »
Steve, ring Envirodry in Kent (01843 234736). They are selling some recon machines at the moment. Don't think the sebo duo is up to much but this system is and you can get a bargain at the moment. The sponges they use as (actually looks like damp sawdust) is quite good for what it is and is completely organic.

Pete

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 04:54:35 pm »
Thanks for that pete i will give them a call thanks for the reply

mark_roberts

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 06:17:24 pm »
IMO you will still need a HWE machine for stains and traffic areas.

Mark

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 07:21:03 pm »
Hi Mark thanks for the reply

I do have a powerplus 2000 with heat and run.I have been on the prochem c/c courses and this is an add on to my window cleaning business which i have done for 5 years now and have so many customers asking for their carpets to be cleaned i thought why not.

I know you can clean carpets with bonnet buffing,HWE,and encapsulation i was just wondering if the sebo would be sufficent enough for residential houses wool and not water cleanable carpets rather than a envirodri/fiberdri as i wont be dong any carpets bigger than houses and wont be pubs etc.

regards

Steve

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 07:25:22 pm »
Hi Steve

The Sebo Duo is  highly unlikely to give you anything approaching a professional clean.

Cheers

Doug

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 07:37:43 pm »
Ok doug thanks for the advise envirodri it is then

Chris R

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 09:25:53 pm »
Dry Compound cleaning is crap.   :(

Only buy an envirodry if you intend to use it for agitation prior to HWE cleaning

regards

Chris
Staffordshire

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 09:35:33 pm »
May i ask Chris is your post through experience and are you a HWE operative only on all carpet cleaning

regards

steve

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 09:39:51 pm »
Steve - A really good question to ask!

Chris R

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 09:41:29 pm »
20 yrs in this trade.

I have owned a host dry compound system - crap  ;)

The low moisture systems ( dry fusion and texatherm) will give you good results, and you can still clean problem carpets.

When i was using portable equipment i  had the dry fusion system on the van for the belgium wiltons and unfitted carpets etc

Since getting the T/M I dont need anything else

regards

Chris

ps just trying to save you some money mate
pps get a demo first
Staffordshire

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 09:53:13 pm »
The enviro dry machine is one of the best and cheapest on the market but dry granular cleaning has its limiltations but when done properly (takes twice as long and considerably more expensive) will do a good job but I personally would rather bonnet buff and turbo dry if it is that sensitive.

Sounds as though you are being consiencious about what you are doing, good luck you'll do fine with that attitude but don't buy every machine you come across you'll end up filling someone elses pockets and not your own.

Shaun

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 10:23:16 pm »
Thanks guys very informative.

Heres where i am at the moment.

I have been window cleaning now for 5 years and have been very succesufull as i went straight onto use Tucker Pole water fed pole systems. I have over 500 monthly customers who i have been servicing for the same period of time and im hoping its because ive given them a really good quality competitive window cleaning service. As i have so many residential clients many have asked for a carpet cleaner so as i have never really given out names and numbers due to the not knowing who will let me down i have decided to start carpet cleaning myself.

I will mainly only be doing my own clients i already have and have already booked 68 of them in for carpet cleaning before xmas so i have a good base to start with.

Money for equipment is not a problem as the window cleaning takes care of the leased equipment and vehicles i have. I have been on Prochems day course and was amazed on how much you really do need to know before you can even really attempt to clean carpets "properly" and i know from the window cleaning with wfp on different windows how experience will really determine what equipment to use for different carpet structures ,backings etc . But as a newbie i have and will have lots of different questions and i also know what im up against with all you " old hands" not wanting ? to share your knowledge etc to newbies.

I know about different cleaning methods:- corrective,preventative,salvage and i also am ok with stain removal ,spotting etc andon various cleaning teqniques and equipment............bonnet buffing,HWE,encapsulation i would like to be able to try them all .

And so to my question i suppose i should have asked the following.

I will mainly be carpet cleaning with HWE portable i will not be getting a truck mount as my main business will always be  with wfp window cleaning im not doing this for "big bucks" commercial cleaning, only residential and stairwell cleaning for the flats i already service so .....

I have a carpet pile brush for agitation and im not getting any younger and wfp over this time has taken its toll would the sebo duo be any good what soever for agitation and forgetting the envirodry's etc would it be any good on small front room wool/mix not wetabble carpets with minimal soilage or should i go straight for a fibredry when i will probably only be using it once a month?

Regards

Steve

Joe H

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 07:34:01 am »
Doug Holloway has already given an answer re the Sebo.

Make enquiries with Envirodri in Kent re the price and availability of those on offer at the moment. You would be better spending a few hundred with them on a recon unit then a couple hundred on a new Sebo - better value for money.

Darren O

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 01:06:36 pm »
You will have to spend a fair bit on advertising if you want to make a real go of the carpet cleaning i do both to, i built up a good window cleaning round over 18 years but you will find the work dries up quickly with just your window cleaning customers so i would put some money buy for advertising to.