This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andy@w.c.s

Who's a head
« on: November 02, 2007, 09:21:15 pm »
Hi all
Well who's ahead for christmas
Iv'e just gone through my round and have found that providing we don't have very many bad days we will be 5 days a head on the 21st december,
Do any of you start to pull your work forward ready for the christmas break?

Andy
One pleased  bunny ;)

Pole2pole

Re: Who's a head
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 09:28:53 pm »
I just play it cool bud.......then panic like mad the week preceding lol. Saying that,i do try and plan it so that my best weeks work is the week before christmas. The reason for this is...........er tips mainly  ;)

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 09:34:04 pm »
Its now only seven weeks to go ,just a little planing can go a long way
we will finish on the 21st and go back on the 7th jan.
16 whole days off .

I JUST CAN@T WAIT  :) :) :)

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:42:06 pm »
16 days??? Ya lazy sod lol............24th til the 2nd for me. That is "my" summer holiday. And if them pesky kids think for one second they're gonna tear that sky control out my hands or i'm gonna move from that sofa,they got another thing coming. I'll give it back to them when i manage to tear my arse of the sofa on new years eve, as i manage to force myself into the shower  ;D

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 09:44:52 pm »
take each day as it comes dont worry about being ahead you never no it minght rain all next week then your behind . tips a custy will give if they want dont allways rely on tips mate .
where theres muck theres money

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 09:47:22 pm »
Im planning to have 2 weeks off this christmas,plus im over to vegas in a fortnight for a weeks holiday,cant wait. Its been a good year this year so far. Ive only had one day off through bad weather this year,so im well upto date.
Malcolm

Pole2pole

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 09:52:51 pm »
Point taken Dave about never relying on tips but after 15 years, i know where the majority of them come from. Just tactical planning  ;) The first week of xmas they trickle in,second week in..bit better but the ten days after that.............that's where the money's at  ;)

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 10:18:10 pm »
I want to take the whole of Jan off abroad ;D

One day :(

xxmattyxx

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 10:26:47 pm »
So long as the weather doesnt play a trump card between now and xmas (next week looking good) Ill be running at 5 weeks on the 24th (I'll go in for a bit that day, possibly, gotta pick mother up for before the break, so maybe I wont) I will however, go in for a few half days between xmas and new year but will be back at it as usual the first week of the new year on the 2nd Jan

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 10:40:32 pm »
Was going to pt a smart comment as a reply to the post subject but will get told off  :-X

strangley I am ahead of work, got rid of a guy now have  2 of us and still I am ahead and picking up more work, if wfp keeps going aswell as it has been I will be working 2 weeks a month lol, i had enoght work for 3 guys have not lost many and gained more, I am baffled, but not complaining at all, I try not to think about tips as if you think you will get one you wont, if you do it a bonus so just work and be happy, and wear a christmas hat 2 weeks before and a week after  ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 06:20:29 am »
I'm as close to "up to date" as it gets.  Some work that I should have done yesterday I will be doing today but I have a fairly easy week next week so catching is no problem.

pingu

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 07:53:56 am »
As all my work is scheduled, I am uptodate and will only need to bring 1 day forward so I am off 24th - 1st Jan....

But then again I am not full yet... ;D

Dave.

Spursboy1972

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 09:48:47 am »
Although the xmas time is a time to chill I will be out dropping leaflets and also refitting my system and hopefully putting protectakote down. May also be able to put a bigger tank in van. Well thats the aim anyway. That and maybe the odd game of golf!! ;D
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 10:07:48 am »
Why worry about being ahead?

I'll probably be roughly on time until xmas, then have the week off.
So when I come back I'll be a week behind.(at least)
So what? ???
Who cares?
The customer won't, that's for sure.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 10:34:52 am »
Same as Squeaky

I will carry on as normal and then have a few days off. Customers certainly wont mind me being late.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 07:34:07 pm »
Other than a few commercial contracts, we are finishing window cleaning on Friday 21st and starting up again on Monday 7th Jan

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 08:13:05 pm »
Pingu,
it's the artist formerly known as prince. I wondered where you were, and hoped you hadn't given up.

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 08:19:41 pm »
On the topic I've wondered about this and feel this is one of the areas that the forum falls short on.
I had to have two weeks off to go to Turkey and had a hell of job catching up.

My wife likes an annual  three weeker long haul cuba, florida, dominican etc, and a closer two weeker turkey,cypruss, while money isn't an issue I find it hard to schedule this and there is very little help from here. Don't you lot of misers take holidays?

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 11:09:05 am »
On the topic I've wondered about this and feel this is one of the areas that the forum falls short on.
I had to have two weeks off to go to Turkey and had a hell of job catching up.

My wife likes an annual  three weeker long haul cuba, florida, dominican etc, and a closer two weeker turkey,cypruss, while money isn't an issue I find it hard to schedule this and there is very little help from here. Don't you lot of misers take holidays?
Holiday????? My last holiday was about 6 years ago, I did take them when I started up for a few years, I just worked weekends for 4 weeks before I went to bring me uptodate and in front just a little. I do have quite a few long weekends now and go for short breaks, next year I am having a holiday 2 weeks in feb to mexico business can wait 2 weeks (my wifes comment not mine). I have not had a long holiday due to building the business and launching others at the same time and building them.

What will I do when I go away, well, I will send out a guy to do work while I am there for starters, I myself will go out at weekends a couple of weeks before ( will give a guy this option if he wants extra money) when I am away he will work harder as targets will go up, and when I return he will get a bonus on work completed in his interest to do more work.

elite mike

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 01:37:54 pm »
just seen the farming forcast 4 this week ,its pretty good 4 nov.