This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert eyres

wisdom
« on: November 01, 2007, 02:41:30 pm »
hi again, starting my cleaning company soon, has anyone got any word of wisdom for me please?  ;D

Cleaning Resource

Re: wisdom
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 03:01:02 pm »
go for commercial work its harder to get but alot more worthwhile and steady

Re: wisdom
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 03:59:00 pm »
Couldn't agree more, i've had my own domestic service which I loved and i had 2 people who were self-employed who helped me as and when i needed it, but i prefered doing the work myself. How people can make domestic cleaning work i just dont know, i really admire them for it. I managed a cleaning company for a while too and i hated dealing with the domestic side. The biggest problem was being let down by the staff, there was no shortage of work, but there was a high turn over of staff and clinets alike. Not only that, the staff were inclined to not show up due to sickness or, more commonly, if the kids were ill. Having said that, being sent into different houses all the time without ever meeting or getting to know the client must have been soul destroying for the cleaners, it was probably just another grubby house on a list.

The commercial side of the business was much easier to help run. I had nothing to do with getting the actual work -that i will say- but i managed the staff. In general my staff were people who actually wanted the out of hours shifts (usually women) as it (usually) fitted around their huspands/boyfriends coming home from work, or before they went to work, so they could look after the kids whislt the ladies worked. Maybe i was lucky but the girls i managed on the commercial work were golden. They took their job seriously and rarely let us down.