Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

WHO HAS OR WOULD LEAFLET SHOPS THAT SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY DOES?

YES
42.3%
11 (42.3%)
NO
46.2%
12 (46.2%)
ONLY IF BAD JOB WAS BEING DONE
11.5%
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Jason Atwell

Shops - whats the best way to get them?
« on: October 30, 2007, 07:42:12 pm »
Obviously most shops already have a window cleaner,

I am just starting to put a letter/ flyer together to specifically target shops, and was trying to put myself in the shop managers shoes and think what i can offer him/her  that they dont  already get.

Ok, if the current window cleaner is no good or unreliabe or bad attitude etc, the manager may be looking for a new cleaner, but if he is just ok?

The shop owner may look on it as better the devil you know and stick with what he's got.

So what can i do to increase my chances? does anyone have any success stories?

thanks jase
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

NWH

Re: Shops
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 07:43:54 pm »
The manager will think about the price and then think about the price again.

Jason Atwell

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 07:48:05 pm »
I dis agree to a certain extent NWH as if this was the case, all the shops would look crap cause the local   pot would be doin them when he could stand!

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 07:50:38 pm »
So you wanna nick work off another cleaner?

You're sure to get some problems buddy. Believe me, Ive seem window cleaners in Norwich having a right ol bust up cos of this.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Jason Atwell

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 07:53:26 pm »
So you wanna nick work off another cleaner?

You're sure to get some problems buddy. Believe me, Ive seem window cleaners in Norwich having a right ol bust up cos of this.

Bob

How am i nicking work, dint know it belonged to someone!
If someones doing a good job they have nothing to worry about do they!!!

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 07:54:56 pm »
Same as in Taunton
even down to fighting in the morning
slashing tyres and to be honest who need the hassle
all for a few shops who will drop you for a cheaper quote
leave them be there are bigger fish to fry

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 07:57:17 pm »
So what will you do if you go to a shop and they say they have a cleaner already?

You state "Ok, if the current window cleaner is no good or unreliabe or bad attitude etc"

To me thats asking for trouble

Jason Atwell

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 07:57:58 pm »
How is leafleting shops different to leafleting houses, most houses who want a w/c already have one, but most people still leaflet these?

Jason Atwell

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 07:59:47 pm »
So what will you do if you go to a shop and they say they have a cleaner already?

You state "Ok, if the current window cleaner is no good or unreliabe or bad attitude etc"

To me thats asking for trouble

All im gonna do is send a letter and see what happens, if they contact me, alls fair!

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 08:02:20 pm »
Dont get me wrong guv, Im not having a dig.

Its no different to houses but shops cause more probs than houses IMO.

Its fine to leaflet the shops but as you said in your earlier post most already have a cleaner. Not sure if this is the case with houses tho.

Bob

Jason Atwell

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 08:08:47 pm »
bod, know what your saying,

but at the end of my street is a big long road full of shops, and i like getting up and gettin an early start so i can finish early and enjoy whats left of the day, with my young family.

So some of these would be perfect for me.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 08:11:19 pm »
It's alright doing shops if you have plenty of them close by otherwise it's not worth falling out with another window cleaner over cheap prices just to get the odd shop unless they are on the outskirts in little hamlets, villages,etc.

I had McDonalds and Pizza Hut ask me to give them quotes and when they told me what their present window cleaners were charging I laughed my head off and declined to give quotes. You're better off doing domestic houses than cleaning the odd shop :)

xxmattyxx

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 08:11:52 pm »
I dis agree to a certain extent NWH as if this was the case, all the shops would look crap cause the local p i s s  pot would be doin them when he could stand!

???

brightnclean

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 08:13:53 pm »
Boy oh Boy are u askin for trouble  :(

You say yourself u are gonna try and offer services the present cleaner can't offer so basically you are trying to get the other guy out. I don't know how long u've been a window cleaner but shop work is very highly valued and very hard to come by and also very competetive. It can go for up to 20 times clean value or even more. A shop owner or manager wont put up with bad service so the present cleaner will be doing a good job at an already very competetive price.

I hope you are beginning to see where actively trying to muscle in on this work might lead you  :(

Jason Atwell

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 08:13:56 pm »
I dis agree to a certain extent NWH as if this was the case, all the shops would look crap cause the local p i s s  pot would be doin them when he could stand!

???

This means if the shop manager was only interested in the cheapest quote, then the person doing the windows would quite possibly be addicted to special brew!

Jason Atwell

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 08:16:48 pm »
Boy oh Boy are u askin for trouble  :(

You say yourself u are gonna try and offer services the present cleaner can't offer so basically you are trying to get the other guy out. I don't know how long u've been a window cleaner but shop work is very highly valued and very hard to come by and also very competetive. It can go for up to 20 times clean value or even more. A shop owner or manager wont put up with bad service so the present cleaner will be doing a good job at an already very competetive price.

I hope you are beginning to see where actively trying to muscle in on this work might lead you  :(

The only service i would be trying to offer is that of a top quality service, if some one else is already doing this, then my flyer will go in the bin, and i would not be purposefully undercutting anyone.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 08:19:19 pm »

???

This means if the shop manager was only interested in the cheapest quote, then the person doing the windows would quite possibly be addicted to special brew!

and.......?

Jason Atwell

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 08:19:51 pm »
It's alright doing shops if you have plenty of them close by otherwise it's not worth falling out with another window cleaner over cheap prices just to get the odd shop unless they are on the outskirts in little hamlets, villages,etc.

I had McDonalds and Pizza Hut ask me to give them quotes and when they told me what their present window cleaners were charging I laughed my head off and declined to give quotes. You're better off doing domestic houses than cleaning the odd shop :)

Wayne,
Why is it ok if they are in the outskirts or a hamlet?

And why were mcdonalds and pizza hut telling you what there current W/c charges?

Jason Atwell

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 08:20:45 pm »

???

and.......?

AND?....... ???

brightnclean

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 08:24:55 pm »
The whole point about shop work in a town is that it's one shop after another all close together in a street. OK the prices arent great but it's usually done early in the morning and they can be done quickly which all adds up. Also most of them are weekly or even twice weekly. A "run" of shops is worth a great deal. The odd one in a hamlet is hardly worth bothering with.