This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jampot

not good
« on: October 30, 2007, 01:05:17 pm »
ive got all my wfp stuff ready to go but its not going well  :-\ :'(
yesterday
           first of all i give wfp letter to the cus and tryd explaining how it works and the response wasnt very good at all  ??? :-\
they seem to just think that im just going to squirt water on the windows and thats it, also most of them replied they do not want the windows left wet  ::) ::)
its not looking good so far  ::)

another thing is that im getting spotting, ive cleaned my window about 3 times over the last 2 weeks and all of the windows are spotting, whats going on  ???

ive rinsed and rinsed and my water is 0ppm

ive begining to think its not worth the hassle. i no that every1 will complain if the window are to this standard

help

Alex Wingrove

Re: not good
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 01:23:30 pm »
who told you to explain to you customers?

jampot

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 01:28:34 pm »
well i thought thats what i should do so that they are aware of the change over  ???

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 01:40:01 pm »
Dont tell anymore of your customers about changing over to WFP. You are asking for trouble if you do ( i know others will slate me for saying this but its only my advice)

If you are getting spots after 3 cleans then you are possibly doing it wrong. Is there anyone local to you that could show you where/if you are gone wrong.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

jampot

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 01:47:21 pm »
i was think of not telling them bod.
but i didnt think that it was the right way to do it  ???
just dont know what to do  ??? ???
i really cant afford to loose tooooooo many cust.

TDW

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 02:12:44 pm »
Only explain to a few. Normally the old retired ones who have nothing better to do but to examine the windows. Many wont notice the difference. They just want there windows cleaned. To those that complain ask them to give you 3 cleans and if still not happy we will discuss it again. 90% will be happy, you'll probably lose 5% and 5% will still not be convinced.

But remember you'll probably gain 20% in work and of course get it done alot quicker!!

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 02:19:20 pm »
look at your technique, are you cleaning the frames and rinsing them aswell?

and are you rinsing on or off the glass,

never tell them if there are some that you have not told, dont tell them makes problems

jampot

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 02:24:31 pm »
i think that i wont tell some of them then  ???
just i dont want to turn up and then get all the complaints on the day
its been getting me down to be honest, all i want to is to get a good business going but with out the trouble  ::)

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 02:44:30 pm »
do you feel low about your product?

do you feel like it will do a bad job?

jampot

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 02:49:35 pm »
i no that is not my equiptment as its are brand new, i know that im going to need selfbelefe but it just doesnt seem to be that good,
i just dont see how the cust are going to be happy,  :-\ :-\
the responce that i had yesterday was 10% ok, 90% S^"t

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 02:52:51 pm »
let me give you some advice

go and do your windows, and do them how you would normally clean a customers

don't touch the top frame, scrub do your w thing up and down the window, take the brush of rinse properly if it doesn't sheet you know you have to run the jets all the way down and across the window, when it comes to patio doors just spend more time rinsing,

have a look at the results, remember you might not get 100 even trad leaves some marks during the course of the day, just got too make sure its not too many

once you've done it right you will be fine just clean the windows, that's all there is to it,

if they sense you are doubtful do you think they will be enthused by your lack of confidence?

jampot

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 02:58:15 pm »
i will do 

Count Phil

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 04:13:27 pm »
Don't prat around with a low flow rate. Turn it up a bit and use more water. If the rate is too low, it will hardly pull dirt off the window no matter how much you rinse.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 04:55:59 pm »
Just given me a little food for thought this thread, perhaps its the best time of year to be changing over, as a good proportion of custys may well not even notice if the windows are spotting, due to earlier dark nights and dark in the morning.

Just a little food for thought, also if you lose a few its better to lose them in the wet months as most of us get behind to a certain extent this time of year, and losing some will help to keep the round up to schedule if its wet.

matt

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 05:03:58 pm »
ive got all my wfp stuff ready to go but its not going well  :-\ :'(
yesterday
           first of all i give wfp letter to the cus and tryd explaining how it works and the response wasnt very good at all  ??? :-\
they seem to just think that im just going to squirt water on the windows and thats it, also most of them replied they do not want the windows left wet  ::) ::)
its not looking good so far  ::)

another thing is that im getting spotting, ive cleaned my window about 3 times over the last 2 weeks and all of the windows are spotting, whats going on  ???

ive rinsed and rinsed and my water is 0ppm

ive begining to think its not worth the hassle. i no that every1 will complain if the window are to this standard

help

I found it a nightmare at first too.  I gave up explaining it verbally as it's possible to over explain and it sounds like you're lying.  What I did was to print out a BRIEF explanatory note and attached it to my bill on the previous visit (the last trad clean).  Also, I made sure that I wiped all the top frames to prepare for WFP.

macmac

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 06:36:10 pm »
Jampot
What brush & jets are you using? & have you got an adjustable neck?

tony

Davew

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 06:46:31 pm »
pardon me for butting in..... Tony, i think you said you had flocked and mono vikans in your collection? I'm just wondering which one you prefer to use on which kind of job. I have a Vikan sill brush for conservatory cleans and like the bristles but not the weight. I normally use Bentleys but don't trust them on a first clean (and they are too rounded) any advice much appreciated.

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 06:47:59 pm »
Stress the benefits. You have invested heavily to provide a better service. You now clean the frames as well, and the windows stay cleaner.

macmac

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 06:55:09 pm »
pardon me for butting in..... Tony, i think you said you had flocked and mono vikans in your collection? I'm just wondering which one you prefer to use on which kind of job. I have a Vikan sill brush for conservatory cleans and like the bristles but not the weight. I normally use Bentleys but don't trust them on a first clean (and they are too rounded) any advice much appreciated.

Yes dave, they are the rectangular ones. I like them both, mono for dirty/first cleans & con' roofs & the flocked for regular cleans. I find that cleantech jet them the best for me, 2mm pencils (must request this) & they position the jets in the right place, i.e. not too close to the middle. they also put a very nice push-fit tee connector on too.
On the weight issue dave, i take all the extra-un-nessesary black plastic stock off the brushes with a 115mm angle grinder & sharp blade to final trim. just leave enough to hold the bristles in. try it, it makes a great difference.

tony

NWH

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 07:00:41 pm »
Tony that`s true about the jetting,if there two close together it`s a nightmare the edge of the brush stays to dry for my likeing,i also jet them wider apart as i find it gives you more even speading of water on the glass.