This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

just wanting to know which you use,

PENCIL jets
73.9%
51 (73.9%)
SPRAY jets
21.7%
15 (21.7%)
other (please reply if using this to let us know what the other is
4.3%
3 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

WFP FAN OR PENCIL YOU DECIDE
« on: October 28, 2007, 04:06:55 pm »
wanted to find out who uses fan jets in the brush and those who uses pencil jets.

if there are others please do tell, feel free to add a reply  ;)

guys it is not hard to press in a vote while your looking at the post  ;).

Count Phil

Re: WFP FAN OR PENCIL YOU DECIDE
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 04:22:35 pm »
Its worth having a brush with fans for larger windows

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 04:50:29 pm »
Its worth having a brush with fans for larger windows

is that to rinse quicker ?

Pj

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 06:40:13 pm »
Just a minor technicality, you've got your voting choices worded wrong.

Should read:

Fan  jets

Pencil jets

both types spray.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 07:10:14 pm »
Just a minor technicality, you've got your voting choices worded wrong.

Should read:

Fan  jets

Pencil jets

both types spray.

theres always a smart ass  :P cant change it now,  :-[

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 07:14:21 pm »
I'm fairly new ww and was given fan jets by cleantech so I didn't know any different.
I only got a pencil jet recently on an orange vikan.

The fan jets are better because they spread the water over the brush and glass. This is true even for rinseing.
Conclusion.
Fan jets by a country mile.

Just read on the other similar post about runs from vents- yes I do have occasional problems with this- but apart from that.

macmac

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 10:31:10 pm »
IMO pencils are a must for accuracy if not cleaning the top frame ;)

tony

need a cleaner

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 10:38:41 pm »
i preffer pencil jects for 2 reasons 1th accuracy 2nd saves water as to get a good fan spray you have to turn your pressure up further than on pencil jets. :)

TVCS

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 10:45:53 pm »
I ordered a brush from cleantech and it had fan jets,  thought I'd try them out. 
When it arrived the water just sprayed into the brush.  Tried to trim some of the bristles down a bit when one of the jets popped out.  The holes on the brush head had been machined too large on the one side and at a crazy angle on the other, not impressed >:(
As I had already cut some of the bristles down I guess that I am stuck with it.

Will try and put the fan jets into one of my vikans and see the difference.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Count Phil

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 08:41:03 am »
Yes, they rinse big windows quick. They have amazing coverage. So for offices etc. Not for domestic as they aren't very accurate.. Just get a cheap brush with them in and keep it in the van. Nothing rinses like fans.

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 04:51:43 pm »
it seems everyone is using pencil jets, is this because you have not tried fan jets? or is it because you dont like them?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 04:58:28 pm »
it seems everyone is using pencil jets, is this because you have not tried fan jets? or is it because you dont like them?

I use pencil jets.  I've never tried fan jets.  most of my work would require a degree of accuracy because I do mainly domestic so I'll stick with pencil jets for now.

Count Phil

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 05:04:01 pm »
I use pencils on domestic, you can point them where ever. A fan jet is quite direct, but little bits of spray go everywhere - brickwork, vents etc. Pencils are controled. However, if you rinse ON the window, fans with good pressure (2ltr a min) create a kind of cushion hovercraft effect with the brush a makes rinsing a breeze. The bristles keep the spray in too. However, you do need to rinse ON, which needs higher pressure, which uses more water.

So pencils.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 07:09:56 pm »
I've used both, I prefer the needle jets as they operate better on a lower flowrate.

This means you can be more accurate, there is less splashing if you are holding off to rinse.
I do plenty of very big windows and don't really find much difference, though a fan jet with a good flow will certainly allow you to work quickly.
I almost never rinse off the glass myself, though there are times when it is essential.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 07:13:17 pm »
I've used both, I prefer the needle jets as they operate better on a lower flowrate.

This means you can be more accurate, there is less splashing if you are holding off to rinse.
I do plenty of very big windows and don't really find much difference, though a fan jet with a good flow will certainly allow you to work quickly.
I almost never rinse off the glass myself, though there are times when it is essential.

Ian
please add to the point you just made that you do not rinse off yourself please as I am confused by it and am guessing others will be also.

cheers
 Ian

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 07:16:27 pm »
ww, he does rinse off. He said he doesnt rinse off the glass, in other words holding the brush a few inches away while he rinses- known as rinseing off the glass.

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 07:24:18 pm »
ww, he does rinse off. He said he doesnt rinse off the glass, in other words holding the brush a few inches away while he rinses- known as rinseing off the glass.
got ya on that one, but how id fans quicker, I have never used them and would like to know why, knowledge is power  ;)

macmac

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 12:11:33 am »

I've used both & wouldn't go back to fans.

tony

mark dew

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 01:10:51 am »
i've never used fans so can't comment. But i do like the accuracy of pencil jets. I can't say i've never had a problem with vents, but i have never noticed or been told about any.
For me, the key to not rinsing (apart from flaky paint work) is having a clean brush and a high flow rate.
If there are no cobwebs i find i don't need to rinse. Although its only been the last 3 months or so that i have had the balls to actually do this. Wish i'd tried it sooner.
I find that my water goes further nowadays as well. Higher flow rate but no rinsing has saved me water (and a good % of time) per job on most but not all jobs.

jouk45

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 06:22:23 am »
car washer jets nothing beats them, i have been using them for months now,  works just like a power washer, and if you want to you can turn the flow down as normal,