This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wfp system freezing ?
« on: October 23, 2007, 10:41:39 am »
what do you do to stop your wfp tanks, hoses etc from freezing in the winter?
Any ideas welcome  ;)

Paul Coleman

Re: wfp system freezing ?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 12:11:41 pm »
what do you do to stop your wfp tanks, hoses etc from freezing in the winter?
Any ideas welcome  ;)

I put that spongy pipe insulator stuff around the hoses on my van mount.  I wrap a duvet around the pump box.  I remove hosereels.  I remove wet brushes (including the pole if need be).  Yes it's a hassle but less hassle than a freeze up.  I do sometimes get lazy and get caught out though.  I won't be doing it with this van but in three years time I intend to get a new van.  While I'm at it I will probably get an Eberspacher heater installed - not for warmth but just to keep it above freezing level.

If I had a more secure place to leave my vehicle, I would just run a lead from the mains to a heater in the van.  However, living in a flat set back from the road and not having any guarantees about where I can park,

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 01:21:03 pm »
This is what I do to my Tank in the winter.

pingu

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 04:30:46 pm »
Lag the pipes, remove the pump box/reel and brushes....all done...

Not a lot of effort really...

I do make sure that I fill the van up when I arrive home from work just in case it is very cold in the morning.

Count Phil

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 04:39:34 pm »
No matter if you keep it from freezing. If its freezing or below when you start the hoses freeze and you go home.

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 04:42:56 pm »
No matter if you keep it from freezing. If its freezing or below when you start the hoses freeze and you go home.
I mean when the temp drops at night to below freezing point I dont want that tank or anything freezing not when i work as if it freezes then have no choice not to carry on. any more useful tips and tricks guys and girls

cybersye

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 04:48:10 pm »
I've heard others say before that they make a mix of water and anti freeze in a container and pump that through the system on freezing nights then just flush it through in the morning at your first job, its not much of a problem for me being on the coast but I may try this if I need to, anybody else do this?
Simon

Count Phil

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 04:56:40 pm »
I put a little fan heater in there over night on low.

On a cold morning it can be ok if you keep the water flowing. I was doing well one freezing morning, stopped for a cuppa with the hose still on the ground and it froze. When I was moving no problem.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 05:01:40 pm »
I've heard others say before that they make a mix of water and anti freeze in a container and pump that through the system on freezing nights then just flush it through in the morning at your first job, its not much of a problem for me being on the coast but I may try this if I need to, anybody else do this?
Simon
that sounds interesting what love to others views on it as sounds a good idea ;)

Majestic

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 06:09:23 pm »
I put a parafin  greenhouse heater in my van,you can get one of ebay for about £15
I remember one winter  a couple of years ago I took my hose reels and poles into my house overnight as it was freezing overnight .In the morning I put everything back into my van and the pole on the roof. I got to the job set everything up and tried to start work, the water that was left in my pole hose had frozen and I had to go back home . If its cold enough to freeze  water its time to go home

NWH

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 06:32:11 pm »
That`s good what you`ve done to your tank but it`s a waste of time cos you have the hose fitting exposed to the cold,it wont matter how insulated your tank is it that connecter is frozen you won`t be working.

colley614

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 06:35:19 pm »
What is the best thing to do about a static in the garage?

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 06:40:35 pm »
insulate it  ;)

aztec

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 06:45:08 pm »
i put a greenhouse heater on low setting overnight and it works a treat

NWH

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 06:56:52 pm »
Gaps under doors will let the cold in big time.