This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve_massey

A bit of floor buffing advice please.
« on: October 16, 2003, 11:04:46 pm »
I've just done a test patch for a company which wan't there floor buffing / cleaning. The floor is a industrial floor paint which used to shine before people walked on it. I've been and done a test patch and got the job.

I used hard surface cleaner and buffed with red pab and then sprayed a light mist of hard surface and went over with tan pad, But the floor didn't realy shine that well after i had gone over with tan pad.
Is there any other chemical i can use to bring a shine back ? don't for get its painted so i dont want to take paint off.

Cheers steve
mirror image cleaning services

arc_cleaning

Re: A bit of floor buffing advice please.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 12:01:17 am »
hi steve
first what is the floor use for? is there any kind of computer chips being fitted. ie final assembly.static free floor u dont want to blow the clients chips? depending on what the floor is used for, i would put a emulsion polish down, about 25% solids then maintain with floor polish maintainer, buff to a high shine with red floor pads. it all depends what is nomal daily use if folk lift trucks are used daily u would have to look at it again??
hope this helps
                      andy

steve_massey

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 06:33:27 pm »
its just a large shop floor ,
cheers for your help

Derek

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2003, 11:40:05 pm »
Hi

Its a good few years since I last buffed a floor but I did an awful lot in my time.
I always found that I could get a far better finish if I used a buffing brush rather than buffing pads.

Anyone care to comment....times may have changed?

Derek

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 02:18:13 am »
Hi Steve
Most alkaline hard surface cleaners will gradually strip away the surface rather than produce a shiney finish no matter what pad you use. Once you start putting new polish down you are creating a whole new maintenance program for yourself (don't know if thats a good thing or bad for you) If they just want a reasonable sheen try something like a good quality lemon gel. ( http://www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/shopbask/it270002.htm )

Regards Mike

Derek - I've found the same but I think most people are put off by the cost! Pads appear considerably cheaper!

acleanerplace

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 11:55:43 am »
good morning
if is used as general shop floor lay 1 coat of undercoat like johnsons if very busy put on 2 coats of good polish ie: butchers maintain with red pad and floor masintainer if done well and maintained should last 6 months

hope this helps

anything else dont hesitate to contact me

mike collins
acleanerplace
Mike Collins
acleanerplace
acleanerplace01@aol.com