This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Anyone know Who's Logo this is?
« on: October 14, 2007, 08:45:19 pm »

jouk45

Re: Anyone know Who's Logo this is?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:50:43 pm »
jeff i have seen that posted here before, he posted something to do with a van wrap on his van,about 5 months ago i think

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 08:53:59 pm »
I know it was posted on here Joe, I was just wondering who's it was?

Edge Clean

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 08:54:32 pm »
Hi Jeff

That is a franchise operation based down south.

The chap in the drawing is Pa Broon a comic character from "The Broons" which appear in the "The Sunday Post" newspaper.

Tam

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 09:10:49 pm »
Thanks Tam
Any links or names would be a kind help? I live in the south west and never seen this logo on any adverts ie yellow pages, or on any vehicles, I'm trying to track them down.

Edge Clean

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 09:29:33 pm »

jeff1

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 10:19:06 pm »
Thanks Guy's I found out the Logo belongs to Mr Terry Mullins. ;)

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 06:07:35 am »
I had a look it was quite interesting, although as a potential customer I would have liked more about the cleaning and less and the franchise opp. A trad franchise, there's a turn up!

I admire how it was simply explained - we can also do the backs by prior arrangment.

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 08:32:34 am »
I thought that site was great and like VG said Simple. looks very proffesional till you get to the contact them bit, why to people use a free email address on their site  :o

P®oPole™

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 09:02:01 am »
Who the hell do these people think they are!!!!!

"Many independent residential window cleaners in the London
area offer a mediocre service, poor reliability and a lack of professionalism."

Bold and unjustified claims like that tell me nothing more than these guys are a bunch of word twisting idiots.

Anyone who has ever bough into this outfit would be mad. This isnt a brand its just a logo of an old boy called 'the local window cleaner'  :D

is "the local window cleaner" even a trademark???

Pro

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 09:10:16 am »
Has he got a big fish in his mouth, and the tail's hanging out?

P®oPole™

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 09:21:08 am »
Thats basically what they want people to pay ££££ for, dont forget they might give you an old rusty rascal van with it though ;D ;D ;D

Franchising w/c in the U.K will never take off.

Pro

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 10:01:35 am »
Thats basically what they want people to pay ££££ for, dont forget they might give you an old rusty rascal van with it though ;D ;D ;D

Pro
have to say it could ,but not what you are looking it.  ;)

Llaaww

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 10:35:24 am »
Thats pa Broon, you need to look out there is a whole gang of them. not much competetion though they are a lazy bunch usally sit round drinking tea.  :D
if it is dirty it is fair game

P®oPole™

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 10:38:41 am »

Pro

Ian,

Couldn’t fully understand the last part of your post, but think I got there in the end.
Franchising W/C in the U.K would never leave the ground properly or make it to a scalable and recognised brand for a simple reason,

W/C in the U.K is an age old industry, and like a patch work quilt there are rounds sewn up all over these graceful lands. Some handed down over generations. To 'Move In'  build a name, sell and manage a network of rounds in every town or city in the U.K, in the domestic market and on monthly cleans is not just impossible but laughable.

U.S.A its a different story but a totally different ball game, ever heard of Fish Window Cleaning?

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 11:36:45 am »

Pro

Ian,

Couldn’t fully understand the last part of your post, but think I got there in the end.
Franchising W/C in the U.K would never leave the ground properly or make it to a scalable and recognised brand for a simple reason,

W/C in the U.K is an age old industry, and like a patch work quilt there are rounds sewn up all over these graceful lands. Some handed down over generations. To 'Move In'  build a name, sell and manage a network of rounds in every town or city in the U.K, in the domestic market and on monthly cleans is not just impossible but laughable.

U.S.A its a different story but a totally different ball game, ever heard of Fish Window Cleaning?
yes I have heard of fish window cleaning, and you should never say never  ;)

P®oPole™

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 11:49:22 am »
A company or someone with a serious amount of money to burn could campaign on a national scale to a degree for commercial work an either sell or sub it/take a % under a 'name'. However, entry level, pit falls and managing such a project would still be seriously extreme, to say the least. I doubt Just a website is enough to be recognized nationally.

Pro

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 12:43:05 pm »
A company or someone with a serious amount of money to burn could campaign on a national scale to a degree for commercial work an either sell or sub it/take a % under a 'name'. However entry level, pit falls and managing such a project would still be seriously extreme, to say the least. I doubt Just a website is enough to be recognized nationally.

Pro
That would depend on the website address wouldnt it. mine is about as memerable as you can get apart from windowcleaner.co.uk

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 04:39:17 pm »
We've had this debate before.
How big?
jv price had 28,000 domestic customers.
Who could manage scalability?
Anglian water- with phone canvassing, leaflets, and credibility. As they do with conservatories kitchens windows etc.
Who would do the work?
Mugs like us for peanuts.