This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

twt

GONE AND JUMPED IN THE DEEP END
« on: October 12, 2007, 12:58:50 pm »
well ive gone and done it ive given away just under a weeks worth of my work to free up some space on my round to get in some top notch jobs. I know its the right thing to do but it feels like iv jumped out of a plane without a parachute. :o

colley614

Re: GONE AND JUMPED IN THE DEEP END
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 01:52:12 pm »

Know the feeling very well. Not that I've given it away but I've left work to run round after a contract. Sort of a gamble missing the milk of my round to put a strawberry on top of my cream. If you get what I mean.

Good luck to you finding that work, If you have some money to buy some good work speak to Gemma at round builders roundbuildersuk@hotmail.com.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 06:58:59 pm »
I know how you feel i got rid of about half my round in april and it left me a little short but even without trying i am earning the same now from about 30% less jobs i aim to trim the round again maybe next april so that i can get some more cream if you know what i mean

Dean

TVCS

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 09:12:36 pm »
I am giving a lot of work to a local chap in the next week or two. 
It feels good too as the work I am picking up now is worth so much more and I have more time on my hands.
This other fella is over the moon with the extra work as he is just starting up.

Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

twt

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 06:08:54 pm »
UPDATE

After giving up around about 100 customers last october i didn't notice any difference at first due to shorter days due to daylight, once the days started drawing out i started to run out of work at times.

To solve this i did two things first i let my part time employee go and then i canvessed. I picked 6 houses  on a road i already clean which has turned an ok road into a very good road. After this success i targeted an wealthy village near by which was a total failure not one job.This discouraged me some what and i didn't bother canvessing for a while.

A couple of weeks ago i was working down a road which i have done for a few years and suddenly picked up 3 new well priced jobs so i canvessed the rest of the road and picked up a futher 2.

Since october i  have picked up the odd job here and there as you do, some of these have been builders cleans which have lead to repeat work. Also i have reviewed my prices and anyone who's price has been the same for two years has had an increase in price i lost one customer due to this.

In october i had around about 420 customers now i have around 330 but the value of the 330 customer is slightly highier than the 420 i had in october. I now have a better income for less time. At times i have been worried because i now have 3 full weeks and one slack week(last week) and when you run out of work after being over worked for a few years it feels strange  but im on target for my best ever month (not by a huge amount) this month and it is from less work.

I have not done any advertising my van is not sign written and i have not done a great deal of canvessing but some how it has paid off. I plan to do the same at the end of this year though not on the same scale but this time i plan to get a sign written van to increase my visability in the areas i already work.

How have others developed their rounds?
Im looking for more ideas and suggestions

phil

NWH

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 06:46:17 pm »
UPDATE

After giving up around about 100 customers last october i didn't notice any difference at first due to shorter days due to daylight, once the days started drawing out i started to run out of work at times.

To solve this i did two things first i let my part time employee go and then i canvessed. I picked 6 houses  on a road i already clean which has turned an ok road into a very good road. After this success i targeted an wealthy village near by which was a total failure not one job.This discouraged me some what and i didn't bother canvessing for a while.

A couple of weeks ago i was working down a road which i have done for a few years and suddenly picked up 3 new well priced jobs so i canvessed the rest of the road and picked up a futher 2.

Since october i  have picked up the odd job here and there as you do, some of these have been builders cleans which have lead to repeat work. Also i have reviewed my prices and anyone who's price has been the same for two years has had an increase in price i lost one customer due to this.

In october i had around about 420 customers now i have around 330 but the value of the 330 customer is slightly highier than the 420 i had in october. I now have a better income for less time. At times i have been worried because i now have 3 full weeks and one slack week(last week) and when you run out of work after being over worked for a few years it feels strange  but im on target for my best ever month (not by a huge amount) this month and it is from less work.

I have not done any advertising my van is not sign written and i have not done a great deal of canvessing but some how it has paid off. I plan to do the same at the end of this year though not on the same scale but this time i plan to get a sign written van to increase my visability in the areas i already work.

phil
I know what you mean Phil but your acheiving your aim to do less work for more or the same money, this is the art in building the pretty much perfect round.Even though you have gaps in your work now try to resist taking on rubbish again just for the sake of it otherwise you`ll be back where you were.Look at the amount your now earning not the time you have on your hands,you now have the choice to take on more work or take it easy.Good luck.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 07:15:22 pm »
UPDATE

phil

I did something like that some years ago.  I passed on my entire workload in a large village - value of about £700 a month.  The pricing was awful and I was having trouble keeping up with it all so it wasn't a hard decision.  However, like yourself, once the days got longer there were gaps.  It got to the point where every month, I hated going there due to my poor pricing (my original work).  It was worth giving it away though as the prices were too far behind to play catch up.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 07:21:34 pm »
I used to hate having to do late work like that,i used to leave it and leave it until sometimes it was a few months late and they stil never complained as they were badly priced so they thought they were still getting a bargain.Sometimes you just have to knock some jobs on the head or pass them on,there`s nothing worse than having work you recent doing.What could be better than having a book full of work and enjoy doing 100% of them,that`s the eldorado of the window cleaning business.

dai

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 07:33:07 pm »
A very interesting thread, I am about to go down this road too. four days a week of well priced work would do me nicely.Dai