This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

I've had another phone call; the second in 10 days; asking me to quote for the cleaning of their windows, and if accepted they have to be cleaned by a certain date.

The first was some rich bloke who wanted his windows cleaned before the scaffolding was taken down (they were paint covered windows above pitched roofs) and I've just had another today, wanting her windows cleaned (it sounds like a nice property from the location it's in) because she's just had the builders in and she's having some party for one of her kids; and she says she's ashamed of the windows.

I asked her when the party was and she told me next Friday and I've promised to come and quote for her on Thursday (the day before the party); definately; no problems and will do them then and their if she agrees to the quote.

I just know I can charge a good high price for an intial clean; reduce the price to a fair monthly clean; and she'll accept.  I've not given her much choice since I said I'd quote the day prior. 

I guess I'm wrestling with my concious here; I think I'm being a bit too much 'shark like'!

Would you do similar?

NWH

From time to time i get requests like this,i would make sure it`s a regular clean it could be they want a one off clean and if so i would stay away,why clean them up for another WC.

dave0123

Iv done the same just one the other week. a 7 bed house she wanted it doing before sunday and i went friday and done it that day. I didnt charge more they were allready clean tbh  ::) so just charged what i want monthly and she couldnt realy say no but i was so busy thats the only time i could of got to her.

What does anoy me tho is people ringing me up wanting it done that day or the next.. thinking you have no customers or something soon as you say you carnt do it today there not intrested and there just a one off clean. seriously annoys me lol

Dave
Dave.

NWH

It`s annoying like you say but i just say you`ll have to wait until i can fit you in,and then it stil has to be a minimum of 4 cleans per year.

dave0123

yer..

I have had some unberliable people ringing one asking me to come out and do them on a sunday one off this is btw if your straped for cash then ok but am not going on a sunday for a one off then quiting it at a good price because sunday then getting o i wasnt expecting that much.

DAVE
Dave.

Majestic

If people want it doing yesterday they have to be prepaired to pay for that

dave0123

Truee John.

I was thinking about charging a call out charge of so much  :P what do u think?

I mean there likey to say no but dont really want to do it in the first place do you?

Dave
Dave.

NWH

If you don`t have something in place like that your constantly doing people favours.

Davew

Tosh, thats a brilliant maketing ploy there, I wish I was in that position. I would sting her a little because she has no choice but not too much to damage your reputation?

eddie d

id price the job as a one off ,and the 2nd and so on as normal .