This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Re: Stress?
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 06:05:29 pm »
You two having a tiff?

Dave,

Are you new here?

'course we're having a tiff!  We always do, in a professional manner though.  The window cleaners in Chepstow are a good bunch, but we're still allowed to whinge at each other, aren't we?

Squeaks and I are local window cleaners to each other and take pleasure in having the odd dig; though he started it.  It's almost tradition on this forum.

I did say to Squeaks when he said he wouldn't do the job, 'Right, I'll get a proper window cleaner to do it', and Wor Lass suggested we go and do it!

Anyway, I like Squeaks, he makes me larf!

I also can't be that bad, a Jon G (hopefully a new member here) has just dropped off a load of beer and crisps (he knows I'm partial to both) to say 'thank you' for helping him with getting set up with a backpack for a few awkard jobs he has.

And what a compliment to me also; he's been window cleaning for about 10 years longer than me.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 07:01:34 pm »
Rog,
you really should make more effort to follow up on leads like this, you are always moaning about how you don't have many big domestic accounts, and how you never seem to pick up any new work.
Instead of finding reasons not to do it, you should have been finding ways to take it on.
Before I went WFP I had shaved my work down to the absolute minimum, only had about 20 hours a week...tops...you remember how fed up I was.

But now, 3 years later I have work galore, and a great many domestic acounts well in access of £25, all very good payers indeed.
And I haven't had to canvas once.
In fact, the new work I picked up was what paid for the payments on the van, the next £300 worth of new work per month is going to pay for a new lexus (well, you gotta have targets  ;D)
So you can't put all the new work I've picked up down to a sign written van!

so you could have done the job you were booked to do, and then gone up and done the house with the scaffolding up.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2007, 07:25:51 pm »
Rog,
you really should make more effort to follow up on leads like this, you are always moaning about how you don't have many big domestic accounts, and how you never seem to pick up any new work.
Instead of finding reasons not to do it, you should have been finding ways to take it on.
Before I went WFP I had shaved my work down to the absolute minimum, only had about 20 hours a week...tops...you remember how fed up I was.

But now, 3 years later I have work galore, and a great many domestic acounts well in access of £25, all very good payers indeed.
And I haven't had to canvas once.
In fact, the new work I picked up was what paid for the payments on the van, the next £300 worth of new work per month is going to pay for a new lexus (well, you gotta have targets  ;D)
So you can't put all the new work I've picked up down to a sign written van!

so you could have done the job you were booked to do, and then gone up and done the house with the scaffolding up.

Ian
Christ Ian, you're as bad as Tosh. ::)

I wasn't making excuses, I couldn't do it that day.
If it was possible, I wasn't going to a big trad job anyway, as my injury has flared up painful this week, from too much squeegeeing.

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2007, 07:33:01 pm »
You two having a tiff?

They are married to each othere.  ;D