This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

should pocket george have a yearly subscription?

yes
no

Paul Coleman

Re: should pocket george have a yearly subscription?
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 02:41:35 am »
You'll be pleased to know then that anything George related is fully allowable so you are in a win win situation.

Phils point is that Paul won't be around forever, why should he be? five years from now he could be doing anything. Is the future of my business to depend on the fickleness of his career path?

If a car knocked him down tomorrow what would we do?
(sorry Paul)

Find a panel beater.

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 07:43:05 am »
I totally agree lets pay more, and while I am at it, I telephone the Inland Revenue and see if I can pay more tax, only beacause I'm a nice guy and might need psychiatric help soon. ::)
sooner than you think, by that statement  :o

twt

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 07:10:09 pm »
just curious out of all the people who said what a stupid idea how many of you actually use George? i ask this because time and time again on here you get people giving their opinion on something they actually have no experience with.

DJ no George does not clean the windows for me but it is a very good tool for scheduling my jobs and keeping my accounts  i could use pen and paper but and can't get quick access to a finance report or an accounts history with pen and paper i find George saves me a great deal of time compared to when i used pen and paper       and now i have four times as many customers as when i used pen and paper. its just like i can clean windows without a wfp but i use wfp because is saves me time i could cope without it but i would rather have wfp.

David Seaman

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 07:19:30 pm »
I have been using George for just over a year now and agree it is a great tool. However, I know my work inside out and have it all imprinted in my head. I know who has paid and who has not. I also know what jobs are due and which aren't. I do not rely solely on George to tell me this. If the programmer stopped tomorrow I would use a different software if George was no longer up to the job I purchased it to do. Anyway, it does everything I need it to without the real need for any further updates. I do NOT rely on it to run my business though. Personally I think that would be a foolish situation to get myself in. What if my computer crashed? Would I be expected not to go to work because I couldn't access George!

DJ

Ian Rochester

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 09:34:20 pm »
DJ

Wait until you have 1500+ properties on your books and are employing staff working on different vans in different areas every day of the week.........then see how important a piece of software George and especially Pocket George is!  I have properties on our books that I haven't ever been to personally, but George tells me when they are due their cleans and they are put on the rota.

We use Quickbooks software for all our accounting needs and pay £19.95 a month for updates, back ups and technical support.  In my eyes this is money well spent for piece of mind.

I'm not suggesting George should have an annual subscription, but I am surprised that they haven't!  The only thing we pay now is £12 a year for their online back up service, which I have called on twice in the past couple of years.

twt

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 10:00:23 pm »
dj when you have a large round you may you can have difficulties in remembering  the prices of all of your jobs and when they are next due. In the event of a crash which has  happened to me i always have george backed up and when my pc crashed i used pocket George until i had fixed the computer as pocket George always has at least weeks worth of work due on it and simply did a hot sync when the pc was up and running again. many businesses rely on computer software of one kind or another nowadays.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 10:18:00 pm »
DJ

Wait until you have 1500+ properties on your books and are employing staff working on different vans in different areas every day of the week.........then see how important a piece of software George and especially Pocket George is!  I have properties on our books that I haven't ever been to personally, but George tells me when they are due their cleans and they are put on the rota.

We use Quickbooks software for all our accounting needs and pay £19.95 a month for updates, back ups and technical support.  In my eyes this is money well spent for piece of mind.

I'm not suggesting George should have an annual subscription, but I am surprised that they haven't!  The only thing we pay now is £12 a year for their online back up service, which I have called on twice in the past couple of years.

Are you actually comparing George to Quickbooks????? That's quite funny that is!!
I'm not knocking George,.. its an excellent and very useful bit of software,.. but its nowhere near the complexity of quickbooks, and does not have a team of hundreds of programmers and support staff constantly working on it updating and adding new features.
If there was a yearly subscription to George,.. I'd probably pay it,.............. but actually offering money when it hasn't been requested???? That's just a bit mental!

dave0123

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 10:30:56 pm »
I dont think he was comparing george to quickbooks... just saying he uses quick books for accounting.. quite understable i spose with him having employees as it does payroll and all sorts of stuff.

£50.00 FOR george is great there should be an anual price even if its just to cover costs.

Dave
Dave.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 10:32:16 pm »
Hi All,

I agree with Phill (He's bigger than me ;D and I don't want him to blast me with his Apache War machien ;D).  You don't get anything for nowt ;)

I also agree with the others, if Paul is quite happy to give free upgades then don't knock it.

I bought George in April this year.  But have since found it a bit restrictive for my use.  It doesn't do the things I want to do.  Don't get me wrong, I think it is a good simple program and excellent value with excellent support.  But there are sertain things I want to do that George doesn't so I have tidied up the Lotus Appraoch Database I built ages ago and have just gone back to it.  I an now in the prosess of building a new Excel Spreadsheet file for the accounting.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest