This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Window Cleaner looses his head (with Pics) New
« on: September 21, 2007, 03:23:54 pm »
Your a  gruesome Lot  ;D ;D

Well it was the head of my brush  ;D ;D ;D

I go on about risk assesment every time on every Job, and some of you come back and say there's no need?

6 weeks ago I did this Job and there were no hazzards, today by pure luck my brush caught something and pulled the head right off, when I checked to see what the problem was, I find a very thin green garden wire strung up from the house to a nearby tree, at the end, near the tree, was a bird feeding box hanging from this wire. ::) the wire is so fine I had to get right up close to see it.

This wire is the hight of my throat, so if I wasn't lucky enough to have caught my brush on it, I dread to think what would have happened?

I took a couple of pictures for you to see, where you see my pole stood on its own, it is acually resting on this wire, To be on the safe side I hung some cloths pegs, so I was not decapitated when I returned from the other side of the house.

No Custy home, so I wrote them the following note.

Dear Mr & Mrs So & So
It was wonderful in your garden today, the sun was shining and the birds where singing, I was so pleased to see the first robins of the season, feeding on your new bird feeder, that is so delicately hanging from the very thin green wire, that is strung across your path.
I am 100% sure the site of all these wonderful birds from your kitchen window must be spectacular and the birds must love it.

Could you do me a favour and keep a list of all the wonderful birds that frequent your bird feeder and pass this list to my wife, who will bring it to me in the local hospital, where they have been so kind as to sew my head back on.

Yours sincerely
Your decapitated window cleaner
Jeff.

Neil_A

Re: Window Cleaner looses his head (with Pics)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 04:00:17 pm »
That is very thin! i Can just see it in the first pic..

How low did they put it from the ground?
GRADE 'A'

ScrimShady

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 06:26:25 pm »
love the letter you wrote them!made me chuckle!!
did you really write that to them or am i not getting it??
mrs scrim :-[ :-*

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 06:58:44 pm »
That is very thin! i Can just see it in the first pic..

How low did they put it from the ground?

The wire is about 5' from the ground, now this custy, I'm sure was the star actor from Leprechaun  ;D he probably used a cherry picker to get it that high ;D but alas not high enough.

did you really write that to them or am i not getting it??

I don't know if your getting it or not Mrs scrim, please check with mr Scrim, it may happen when your asleep ;D ;D ;D...But yes those were the words I wrote to them.

I had to write it and make them see the problem,  but the main thing I had to do was not to offened them, so a little humor goes a long way.

I value all my custys,  but I have a very good customer relations with this custy, he takes the micky out of my baldy head, asking me what I polish it with, So I tell him I use just a wfp on it now ;D
I also take the mickey out of his size (he's only about 3'6'')  I ask him if he used to be the test pilot  for airfix ;D

ScrimShady

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 07:32:02 pm »
ok i was just checking!its been a long week!!
Were gonna hit the cider in a bit!! ;)
Mrs scrim :-*

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 07:41:46 pm »
ok i was just checking!its been a long week!!
Were gonna hit the cider in a bit!! ;)
Mrs scrim :-*
You'll be getting it tonight then Mrs Scrim

ScrimShady

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 08:38:10 pm »
getting what??? :-[ :-[
mrs scrim

Pole2pole

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 08:44:24 pm »
Er Jeff.......your answer please  ;D  ;D  ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 08:46:28 pm »
I think jeff meant that you'd be getting the cider from the offie Mrs Scrim. Knowing Jeff like i do, i'm sure he meant that. Why he found it soooo funny though, i really couldn't answer that one  ;)

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 09:14:59 pm »
did you really write that to them [or am i not getting it??
What ever your not getting, you get after a few ciders, especially Scrumpy Zider OOH ARR ;D