This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Re: Tuesday is the best day to mail shot
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2004, 09:01:12 am »
John do you book them into your diary at the time of cleaning for next clean

Dynafoam

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2004, 10:07:27 am »
Ian,

When I wrote my database software many years ago, I included two fields, one called "Cycle"  and the other "Memo_req".

At any point I can run an applet which compares the current or up-comming month with the date last cleaned and the cycle period (eg 12 months), then if memo_req is set to "true", that customer will appear on a reminders list.

Having said this, for the past several years I have not bothered as customers tend to mark their calendars and phone me a couple of months before the clean is due.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2004, 08:10:20 pm »
John, how many customers do you service per week? your circumstances seem perfect, no advertising and all customer traced back to an original 9 clients.

unless you only work 2 days a week :D 

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2004, 08:20:13 pm »
Hi Guys,

A lot of people must be getting very exited as its less than 4 hours to Tuesday :o

Cheers,

Doug

Len Gribble

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2004, 08:38:01 pm »
Doug

Not really here they and everywhere, Thursday Great one job be home by 2pm.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dynafoam

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2004, 09:03:02 pm »
Hi Mike,

I have been through the 7 days a week stage but try to get most of the weekend time to myself now, with perhaps an early job Saturdays and Sundays.

I seldom do more than three jobs per day, some days only one, but that could be 10 hours or more. Tomorrow I have  about 1200 sq. yds. of commercial carpet tile, which I recon to be enough for one day.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2004, 10:19:12 pm »
John although you have a data base do you find that some clients need a gentle reminder?

and how do you remind them?

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2004, 10:29:02 pm »
Shaun

A very very gentile reminder not received it!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dynafoam

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2004, 10:43:49 pm »
Hi Shaun,

Most customers no longer get reminders from me, but there are some (mainly commercial) who never make appointments. They have left the scheduling entirely to me - I just turn up and do what I feel is required. For example the Chinese restaurant I did this morning I do roughly every 3 or four months. I have my own key and alarm code and they get a nice surprise when they open up in the evening - and a not so nice one when the invoice shows up  ;)

These are useful jobs to have, because if I get a last-minute cancellation, I have these as stand-bys. on the other hand, when pressurised to do an urgent job, these are the ones that I squeeze out, and sometimes by the time I do clean them, I have a harder job because of them being left too long.  :(

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2004, 10:58:35 pm »
that's the way the fortune cookie crumbles!

I was mainly thinking of domestic reminders, perhaps Mrs didn't want to or forgot to book in for next year how do you get them to book for it. I appreciate if they don't want to book they will not but I send out reminders and the response I get is a 'welcome response' as clients often forget to put their shoes on the correct feet.

Shaun

Dynafoam

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2004, 11:24:32 pm »
Shaun,

Some years ago I did use to use the facility built into my database programme.

I use to phone the appropriate customers and say "It's your carpet/suites' birthday next month - shall we book the party?"

The call was always well received, but there came a period when I was allowing myself to work seven days a week, getting home late, with half a dozen messages on the answering machine and I found myself spending half the evening on the telephone. The only way to reduce the phone time was to cut out the reminder calls.

Having broken the habit, I find that most customers have been educated to the benefits of planned maintenance and do not need me to hold their hands.