This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

U.S. wfp USER

Modular VS. Telescoping
« on: September 14, 2007, 01:00:35 am »
Which do you use and why?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

Jeff Brimble

Re: Modular VS. Telescoping
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 07:12:47 am »
I use both. I think it depends on the height of the glass. Its part of a question I was going to post about what makes a good pole, not the make. There are soo many confusing names out there now that a begginer will struggle to make a choice.
For 8 years I used an unger alu, then because I needed more height bought a modern £1100 60ft  telescopic carbonfibre with easier to use locking collars. But the sections were too long for ground floor and you had to use the brush horizontally, so I went outside the pole with the hose and was able to quickly fit the brush on a short pole. In use I only used the top 4 sections adding the other 4 if and when needed. Even so I started having shoulder problems so after a long time managed to sell it for less than half price and looked for a lighter alternative, there was none. So began  adapting modular fishing poles which I still have and use because for over 30ft they are so light at height.
For up to 30ft I made up an everday version of it for £50.
I then went over to adapting a 4ft- 20ft telescopic modular kite/radio/flag pole made of fibre glass, it does everything I want and has no locking collars so is very fast in use cheap and at 2.2lbs  is light.

So just two simple poles with cheap replacements available, the 60ft modular and the 20ft telescopic tapered.

I am waiting for the next step forward in poles, a tapered telescoping carbonfibre- again less weight. (under developement) to replace the glass fibre but the g/f is  such a strong idiot proof staff pole that its going to take some beating. But for me lightness is the main priority over price when you have 2000 arm/shoulder actions per day.

jouk45

Re: Modular VS. Telescoping
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 07:25:35 am »
i got some time last night to read issue 10 pwc magazine, it was all about pole trials, best subject i have read up to date, and i must say it was an eye opener for me,