This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CC Window Cleaning

Wheelie Bin Cleaners doing windows???
« on: September 03, 2007, 12:24:16 pm »
Quite a few of my customers have been canvassed (flyer and phone!) by a wheelie bin cleaning company that are branching out into the world of window cleaning.... anyone else heard of this??  Anyone know who it is??  I'm in the south of Hampshire.

They seem to be phoning all the houses in a street!  I'm not sure how they get the phone numbers on a street-by-street basis.... I don't hold every customers phone number so it's not a leak of info from me.

Further more - how on earth do they price the job from the other end of a telephone?

Laters.
CC.

Re: Wheelie Bin Cleaners doing windows???
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 01:27:44 pm »
this is happening around near me. i got a phone call the other day from them asking if i wanted my windows doen. there offering the first clean for FREE so people can get to see what water fed system are about. i dont no how they can afford to do this.

Lizzy

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 01:48:56 pm »
surely you have heard of this before?

My bin cleaner is also my window cleaner.  He also does patio & gutter cleaning.

His business means that even in bad weather, he can work.   Wise Cookie if you ask me.   "Dont put all your eggs in 1 basket".
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 04:55:54 pm »
cheers  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 05:22:23 pm »
Its called Symbiosis, it means diversifying into other areas of business that are close enough to your core business to allow economies of scale.
Lots of people will be looking at opportunities for this sort of expansion. Unfortunately window cleaning is (too) easy to target. 

ScrimShady

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 05:43:39 pm »
weve had them ring our custys too!!were in the very south of kent and they come from brighton!Weve also seen their work too and its poo!!we have had a few of their custys swap over to us!
Mrs scrim

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 11:42:06 pm »
wheelie bin cleaners are just the same as another window cleaner if your works bad and your unreliable you need to worry, if you are good and reliabale they will/could  do you a favour by taking the customers that you dont want to keep hold of (ones that go for cheap rather than quality and reliable)  :D

CC Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 10:16:27 am »
Thanks for your thoughts.

I can see the cross-over being easy as they've got a van full of water and wfp can be done with virtually no regard for the weather conditions.

Cheers. CC

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 10:39:45 am »
The question I have which someone else may be able to help with is this. You can get the phone book either on a disk or as a download so that it can be sorted into roads.
This appears to be what these people are using.

Does anyone know where they get it from?

Their work may be rubbish, but that can be improved. The danger to us is they are using an agressive marketing technique which will over time get them a lot of business.

Business favours the bold, look at McDonalds, rubbish food but great marketing. Don't ignore these people.