This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

T_W_CONTRACTS

Tube's that go on top of the van
« on: September 02, 2007, 11:00:47 am »
What are they called?

Im looking for one to keep my water fed pole in preferbaly a lockable one, getting brand new van soon and dont want to keep it inside and mark the enterior

Any ideas where i can get one

TIA
stay safe and never take risk's

xpskwindowcleaning

Re: Tube's that go on top of the van
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 11:52:58 am »
They're called roof rack pipe carriers but they're quite expensive - around £80+ depending on the quality. Personally I'd just get a thick length of pipe from Wickes, a padlock and a couple of brackets to secure it and make my own.

T_W_CONTRACTS

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 12:18:11 pm »
They're called roof rack pipe carriers but they're quite expensive - around £80+ depending on the quality. Personally I'd just get a thick length of pipe from Wickes, a padlock and a couple of brackets to secure it and make my own.

CHEERS

tonyoliver

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 02:35:41 pm »
its quicker by tube

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 03:21:21 pm »
What are they called?

Im looking for one to keep my water fed pole in preferbaly a lockable one, getting brand new van soon and dont want to keep it inside and mark the enterior

TIA
IMO I would not leave a pole in a tube holder at night, copper pipe and plastic tubing is far far cheaper to buy, if someone knows there are £500 poles in it you can bet soon enough someone will/try steal it, if buying a pipe holder I would get the metal one will take them longer to get into it costs more plastic says easy access with a hacksaw. Have you not thought of having a pole holder in your van? or a rack just a thought there. ::)

jakeandmia

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 07:03:46 pm »
Hi

I have 1 sat in my garden,its the 1 on the brodex website if you want to see a pic.I'm open to offers on it and youll have to arrange collection.It has groove to keep brushes on and has padlock.

Wayne

T_W_CONTRACTS

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 07:09:18 pm »
What are they called?

TIA
IMO I would not leave a pole in a tube holder at night, copper pipe and plastic tubing is far far cheaper to buy, if someone knows there are £500 poles in it you can bet soon enough someone will/try steal it, if buying a pipe holder I would get the metal one will take them longer to get into it costs more plastic says easy access with a hacksaw. Have you not thought of having a pole holder in your van? or a rack just a thought there. ::)

No never crossed my mind  ::)

The reason i ask is i have a big pole that fits in my van but i have to slide it down the left hand side through to the passengers footwell and i dont want it marking the new interior.

I have smaller poles that fit in a rack at the top inside, but although i can carry the bigger pole inside at present im just exploring my options and seeing if there is an alternative, obviously depending on what type of tube i can get will determin wether i can leave it in there full time (van will be highly alarmed anyway) or wether i will leave it in the garage and take it out as i need it.

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 07:20:04 pm »
If your ever around somerset, I have a 3m alley one and lockable in my garden, that you can have for free. you would have to make a couple of brackets for it, but thats easy peasy  ;D ;D

T_W_CONTRACTS

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 07:21:22 pm »
If your ever around somerset, I have a 3m alley one and lockable in my garden, that you can have for free.

Thanks for the offer mate but im in central london  ;D

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 08:20:34 pm »
tw

try rhino  i think they a great

jerry