Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleaning Fake Suede
« on: October 14, 2004, 10:14:49 pm »
My brother has in his wisdom bought a fake suede suite ( Polyester Microfibre) so I am told, Being the careful person that he is it is now stained and dirty, can you give me an idea of the best way of cleaning  other than nuking it  :D, please no gags about a suede brush my ribs still ache from the first person that said it

Derek

Re: Cleaning Fake Suede
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 07:35:43 am »
Should wet clean OK...Drying takes the time so take in plenty of towels and a turbo dryer

Derek

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 09:19:36 am »
Ive cleaned a few of these and they clean up really well with a wet clean, lots of vaccuume passes and towel drying if you dont have a blower also heating on and windows open helps

Regards

Nick Holman ;D
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Bryan H

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 04:52:17 pm »
Cleaned a 2 seater settee of this type last week,
raised seams all round the cushions to give appearance of a leather suite.

Seams filthy with grimed in dirt.  The whole thing was a pig to clean, took me a full 2 hours.

On the seat cushions I found that due to wear, the surface was parting company with the backing material, so they bubbled when cleaned.  Fortunately they started to disappear as it dried.

Horrible job  !!   Hope I don't see another for a very long time !

Bryan
Christal Clean - Berks

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 05:02:05 pm »
Bryan,

I've seen this bubbling before on a cushion which had been stuck in a washing machine, when I cleaned it started to bubble again.

In general I have cleaned approx 30 of these fake suedes with reasonable results.

It's important to check carefully before cleaning for any delamination.

Alljays.

These suites are OK to HWE but go carefully and make sure customers expectation is realistic before starting.

Cheers,

Doug

paul@ctcs

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 06:31:50 pm »
Cleaned one today, a huge beige 3 piece and despite it taking 4 hours the results were fantastic. Used solution number 4, agitated with terry towels and extracted with water at 60 degrees, then aided drying with terry towels ( didnt dare use blower too many pics and birthday cards)
 It looked like new when finished and dried really quickly so lots of job satisfaction but only £70 :'( due to mates rates, Ouch!!

Paul

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 07:08:16 pm »
Thanks to you all, its good to know that we can all rely on one and other for support

Cheers I owe you all!!! as what goes around comes around

many thanks